Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dennard Wanted 10 million - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dennard Wanted 10 million (/Thread-Dennard-Wanted-10-million)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Dennard Wanted 10 million - Okeana - 03-17-2019

I had him at 7.5 maybe 8.0 max so I'm so glad they didn't sign him.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - fredtoast - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 11:51 AM)Okeana Wrote:

So Dennard is just worth Bobby Hart money?

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - HarleyDog - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So Dennard is just worth Bobby Hart money?

That’s not Bobby Hart money. Denard is good, but not 10mil good.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - THE PISTONS - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 12:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That’s not Bobby Hart money. Denard is good, but not 10mil good.

Overpay a bad player and then base all of the current and future contracts on that contract as a baseline. That would be funny.

Whitworth would make $30 million a year!  Hilarious

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - Luvnit2 - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 11:51 AM)Okeana Wrote:

Dennard to me is a better slot corner than outside corner. He has injuries, so missed a lot of time. But, he can play an outside corner in a pinch which adds to his value. I could see 8 to 9 million but based on incentives (snaps taken), but only 15 million guaranteed of a 3 or 4 year deal.

It appears to date no one has valued at 10 million yet or he would be gone.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - fredtoast - 03-17-2019

Time for another CB with the #11 pick.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - GreenCornBengal - 03-17-2019

This thread confuses me.

Dennard WANTED the money, as in he has signed somewhere else?

Or, Dennard WANTS this money, and still has yet to sign somewhere?....

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - Okeana - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So Dennard is just worth Bobby Hart money?

no I would have given him better terms as far as non-bonus related and higher guaranteed money.  Tackles should be higher paid than slot corners tho just by the positional payscale.  Also, I wouldn't have given Hart that kinda money, but I'm not hoping to overpay every player just because you did on one.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - Okeana - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 12:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This thread confuses me.

Dennard WANTED the money, as in he has signed somewhere else?

Or, Dennard WANTS this money, and still has yet to sign somewhere?....

he hasn't signed anywhere else but if you read the article the bengals reached back out and he shut down all communication.  So effectively he's gone.

The market sets the value and he's asking way to much.  

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - GreenCornBengal - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 12:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: he hasn't signed anywhere else but if you read the article the bengals reached back out and he shut down all communication.  So effectively he's gone.

The market sets the value and he's asking way to much.  

Oh, thanks for the info. I skimmed the article but missed the part about him shutting down all communication. Ouch.

My main and perhaps only problem with Dennard is the lack of interceptions. In the current pass happy NFL, with rules favoring an offense...you need turnovers from your defense. He has 3 ints in 5 years.

$10 million is a lot to give a 3rd CB. I will say though, that having Webb as a 4th CB IF we keep Dennard, would be pretty amazing.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - grampahol - 03-17-2019

Suppose Dennard gets 10 million or more from another team we'll undoubtedly have many fans and posters make the claim it's ALL the fault of the Bengals FO for "not getting it done" as if to say the team actually has completely unlimited funds to pay whatever any player should ever desire.
While I like Dennard as a player he's done little if anything to deserve that kind of pay increase, but then again, I'm a bit bullish on player salaries and think it utterly absurd to pay any player tens of millions of dollars without leading the entire league in every possible category for their position.
Some fans seem to think there should be no limit whatsoever on player salaries as if the money just pours out of money machines somewhere under the stadiums.. 
If the guy demands 10 million bucks then good luck to him, but I'd never pay him that kind of money. EVERY player regardless of any stat can be replaced and eventually will regardless of anything. 

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - impactplaya - 03-17-2019

Darius Phillips proved in his small sample size
thats hes more than capable of being a solid run support 3rd CB.
he didnt hurt himself in pass coverage either.
give him the same amount of snaps as Dennard you might see the same production at a fraction of the cost.
Dennard is a 6 mil a yr CB.not a 10 mil.

(03-17-2019, 12:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: Suppose Dennard gets 10 million or more from another team we'll undoubtedly have many fans and posters make the claim it's ALL the fault of the Bengals FO for "not getting it done" as if to say the team actually has completely unlimited funds to pay whatever any player should ever desire.
While I like Dennard as a player he's done little if anything to deserve that kind of pay increase, but then again, I'm a bit bullish on player salaries and think it utterly absurd to pay any player tens of millions of dollars without leading the entire league in every possible category for their position.
Some fans seem to think there should be no limit whatsoever on player salaries as if the money just pours out of money machines somewhere under the stadiums.. 
If the guy demands 10 million bucks then good luck to him, but I'd never pay him that kind of money. EVERY player regardless of any stat can be replaced and eventually will regardless of anything. 

Except...that's likely not the case.

Letting 2 high quality starters in Whitworth and Zeitler go is one thing.

Letting a 3rd CB go because he gets overpaid is another.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - Goalpost - 03-17-2019

He might do better with a change of scenery. I can respect that. As for this team he is a former 1st rounder who has played ok but not great. I wouldn't overpay for him.

(03-17-2019, 01:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: He might do better with a change of scenery. I can respect that.  As for this team he is a former 1st rounder who has played ok but not great.  I wouldn't overpay for him.

IF he wasn't a former 1st Round pick, do you think his stats would merit $10 million a year?

I don't. I suspect you feel the same.

Like say he was a 5th Round pick.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - pally - 03-17-2019

Explains why he is still unemployed and apparently only has the Chiefs kicking the tires on him

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - whodey4life84 - 03-17-2019

I'm sure it's too much dead money but wish they would cut Dre, and move Dennard to the outside and get a new slot guy.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - TheUberHuber - 03-17-2019

Color me shocked if he gets 10 million.

RE: Dennard Wanted 10 million - Mer - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 02:03 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Color me shocked if he gets 10 million.

Not worth it. I can't remember him ever doing anything spectacular.