Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Driving pet peeves - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Driving pet peeves (/Thread-Driving-pet-peeves)

Pages: 1 2 3

Driving pet peeves - sandwedge - 03-19-2019

Why the hell does the person in front of you leave 5 car lengths between them and car in front of them, at a light???
Or the person in the right lane driving 15 mph slower than the post speed and then realizes they are in the wrong lane at the last moment...

RE: Driving pet peeves - bengalfan74 - 03-19-2019

One of my biggest is Stop signs. Someone beats you there by 6 car lengths then sits and stares at you after you stop. Then they wave you forward and at the same time start forward themselves !

RE: Driving pet peeves - Bengalpool - 03-19-2019

People treating speed bumps like they're about to drive off of a cliff.

RE: Driving pet peeves - Tiger Teeth - 03-19-2019

Slow drivers!

RE: Driving pet peeves - CKwi88 - 03-19-2019

(03-19-2019, 12:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: One of my biggest is Stop signs. Someone beats you there by 6 car lengths then sits and stares at you after you stop. Then they wave you forward and at the same time start forward themselves !

Wavers in general for me. I get that sometimes it is well intentioned, but it can also be dangerous as hell.

A close second is people who don't understand zipper merging.

RE: Driving pet peeves - bengalfan74 - 03-19-2019

(03-19-2019, 03:25 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Slow drivers!

Drivers that break their neck to pull out in front of you with not a car in sight behind you and then drive 10 MPH under the speed limit.

RE: Driving pet peeves - fredtoast - 03-19-2019

People who let their pets drive.

RE: Driving pet peeves - HarleyDog - 03-19-2019

(03-19-2019, 03:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who let their pets drive.

How the hell was I supposed to learn Fred?

RE: Driving pet peeves - sandwedge - 03-19-2019

(03-19-2019, 03:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who let their pets drive.

Don't get that either, maybe anxiety thing, but it looks more like a bad idea.

RE: Driving pet peeves - sandwedge - 03-19-2019

(03-19-2019, 03:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Drivers that break their neck to pull out in front of you with not a car in sight behind you and then drive 10 MPH under the speed limit.

That's a good one! I had an guy about 80 yrs old, do that to me and SOB flipped me the finger! Made me laugh..

RE: Driving pet peeves - michaelsean - 03-19-2019

(03-19-2019, 03:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Drivers that break their neck to pull out in front of you with not a car in sight behind you and then drive 10 MPH under the speed limit.

All the time.  Usually in a minivan.

Let's see...People at left turn arrows who pretty much wait for the person in front of them to make a complete turn before they decide to go.

$2.49-$2.09-$2.69 in about a weeks time.

People who drive under the max speed limit...even if they are in the right lane.  If 55 mph is too much for you, maybe you shouldn't be driving.

Nobody waves thanks anymore.

RE: Driving pet peeves - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-19-2019

Happened this morning... Kind of.

So I'm fairly aggressive, but I don't honk at the world, do nasty things (like Brake Checking and purposely cutting people off), I signal EVERY TIME, even if there's nobody around at 3:00 am in the morning and I truthfully, without hyperbole, am the most efficient and best driver of anyone I've ever met (my father would be in second, who I learned from). I've never gotten a ticket and the only accident I ever had, was a 92 year old woman who ran into me at a stop light (the light was red).

This morning, I'm in the right lane of a 2 lane road, going south. There is about a 1.5-2 car car length, between myself and the car in front. Dry, sunny conditions, good visibility. There is a goddamn Hyundai Santa Fe in the left lane, that just happens to be in between this gap. The guy in front speeds up and in turn, I do as well, however I have an '06 Outback and the acceleration is far from stellar, so the gap now becomes a 2.5-3 car length gap.

Would you believe that the stupid woman in the Santa Fe, SCREECHES over *as she's signaling* and just comes right in front, forcing me to slam on my brakes and move to the left, where traffic is going much slower.

For some VERY stupid reason, she then decides to go 3 KM/H, below the speed limit and slow everybody behind her down. Just can't believe the pickles up these idiots' asses.

(03-19-2019, 04:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nobody waves thanks anymore.

I ALWAYS do and I make it a point to tell anyone I'm in a car with, to always say thank you to others.

Anyways, I have 2 main pet peeves:

2. Turning without signaling. I WILL honk obnoxiously at you, every time; Its a damn courtesy, help others out.
1. Biggest of all, you have a green light and you go on your brakes. Not only will I honk obnoxiously, I will ensure to get as far away as possible, from your dangerous ass.

RE: Driving pet peeves - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-19-2019

My favorite? People who drive mile after mile in the hammer lane, 10MPH under the speed limit, to make a left turn. (sometimes I don't even see them make said turn.) Then you have the slow ones in the slow lane where they belong, and you wind up with a drag race at 45MPH, and no one can pass anyone. Every. Damn. Morning. Then they get pissed if you shoot the gap when it appears in front of them, or when you tailgate. **** you buddy, you're the one in the wrong damn lane.

Honorable mention to the assholes here who drag race through the four lane section of a highway that travels through a school. These dumbasses will run 50 or better in a 35 school zone to get ahead of you, then cram on the brakes and run 40-45 in the two lane section where the limit is 55. Rant

Then there's the good ol' "what's my lane" when making a left turn across traffic. Hey asshole! Take the inside lane so we can all make a turn you ignorant ****!

RE: Driving pet peeves - Jason_NC - 03-19-2019

When I was taught to drive in Ohio my drivers ed teacher taught me when waiting to turn left at an intersection, pull into the intersection and when the light changes go. People here in NC don't do that. They stay behind the stop line unless there is no traffic coming the other way. When the light changes they don't go.

There is also a road near me that I have to use to go from my house to 90% of the nearby businesses. The speed limit is clearly marked as 45. 90% of people drive that road 35.

RE: Driving pet peeves - fredtoast - 03-19-2019

I hate when I am beating off while driving and a bus or some other tall vehicle pulls up beside me with passengers high enough to see my business. I can stow my junk and zip up pretty quickly, but it is awkward trying to pull the sock puppet off my hand while driving.

RE: Driving pet peeves - bfine32 - 03-19-2019

People who think they're in a phone booth instead of a car

RE: Driving pet peeves - jfkbengals - 03-19-2019

Idiots who drive in the left lane at the exact same speed as the car in the right lane, with a half car length distance in their positions. Speed up and get the hell over so that people can pass you.

RE: Driving pet peeves - sandwedge - 03-21-2019

(03-19-2019, 10:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Idiots who drive in the left lane at the exact same speed as the car in the right lane, with a half car length distance in their positions.  Speed up and get the hell over so that people can pass you.

I actually had a lady the other day in the left lane passing a car in the right lane but not getting over to let me pass her, so I got by the car in the right lane, I got over in the right lane to pass the lady in the left lane, she decided to not let me pass and picked up speed. I had to punch it and just cleared her before getting "her" lane to pass more cars in the right. 

RE: Driving pet peeves - McC - 03-21-2019

(03-19-2019, 10:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Idiots who drive in the left lane at the exact same speed as the car in the right lane, with a half car length distance in their positions.  Speed up and get the hell over so that people can pass you.

Irritating as hell. 

There's a place in Cincy on I 275 that the left lane exits onto I 74 E.  This is a pretty main access to the west side of town.  People will get in this lane and ride it under the speed limit for miles.

In fact, I used to work with a guy along time ago and we would alternate driving weeks.  I used to dread his turn to drive.  For one thing, he was grandma slow.  But the biggest thing was, he would get in that left lane twenty miles from 74 and ride is at 50 the whole way there.  We got flipped off so much that I practically developed self esteem issues.  Since the flippers were flying by on our right, all the birds pointed right at me.  Amazing how  able to shrink down in the seat of an S 10 I got.  After about a year, I finally said screw it and did all the driving myself.

RE: Driving pet peeves - McC - 03-21-2019

I had been thinking for awhile now about starting a thread about What kind of driver are you?

My better half is one of the sweetest, most reasonable, compassionate and courteous people I have ever known....

Until she gets behind the wheel. The way she drives is the polar opposite of the way she lives. It never fails to amaze me.

We were having dinner with a couple we know one time and the guy asked us each what kind of driver are you? My wife says, I'm an aggressive driver. I laughed and said, translation, lead foot tailgater, which is the God's honest truth. She stomped on my foot so hard under the table that I limped for a week.

I guess the key to her gentleness is getting all her aggression out on strangers on the roads. I do everything possible to not ride with her.