Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. (/Thread-Reds-Month-Of-April-Games-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - kevin - 04-01-2019

Reds Regular Season Thread is too many months. Starting a thread each series is too much like work. So trying a month by month way.

OK, Reds are 1-1 after March. Bring on Brewers and the worst joke ever. In Star Wars, what beer do they drink ? Old Mill Wookiee.

Go Reds, beat Brewers. Be over .500 after the series. Brewers won NL Central, so this would be a nice win if Reds take the series.

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - grampahol - 04-01-2019

(04-01-2019, 04:00 AM)kevin Wrote: Reds Regular Season Thread is too many months.  Starting a thread each series is too much like work.  So trying a month by month way.

OK, Reds are 1-1 after March.  Bring on Brewers and the worst joke ever.  In Star Wars, what beer do they drink ? Old Mill Wookiee.

Go Reds, beat Brewers. Be over .500 after the series.  Brewers won NL Central, so this would be a nice win if Reds take the series.

You mean we can't have a play by play thread for every game like we do with football games? Do you even know how many times I could mention going fishing this season? 

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - CJD - 04-01-2019

These new starting pitchers are not starting out well.

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - psychdoctor - 04-01-2019

The Reds are so frustrating they have a new coaching staff a lot of talent yet it just seems they start out slow.

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - UKWhoDey - 04-01-2019

This ump tonight is playing fast and loose with the strike zone. Several of those called strikes on Dietrich were outside.

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - kevin - 04-01-2019

Reds blew late game opportunities. Reds had a runner in 2nd in 8th but no score. Then in 9th Iglesias had a 0-2 count on Yelich but threw him a fat boy in the wheel house for a double huge mistake. Brewers knocked Yelich in for go ahead run. Barhhart came out to talk to Iglesias who had that deer in headlights look by now. Aguilar had 2 runners on and could have made it worse, but he lined to Suarez at third. So Reds came up in 9th against strike out reliever Hader, and actually got first batter on with a double. Hader then made fast work dominating Schebler, Votto, Puig to leave the tying run at 2nd and end the game.

So Reds had good pitching to get them to late innings. It would have been a nice win over last year first place Brewers. These are the games you would like to win to avoid seasons Reds have been having. Iglesias now knows you don't get ahead 0-2 and then put one in the wheel house of Christian Yelich.

Better luck Reds rest of series. Reds blew chances to win this one. Now to Gramps South Carolina fishing report. Up here in Ohio it would still be ice fishing by the looks of players and fans in winter clothes, and the ice on my car.

Again, Reds lose in 9th inning and a chance for 2018 last place Reds to get an early win on 2018 first place Brewers. Reds announcers and players are smiling, but these are the chances to win that can hurt you. So Reds in 8th and 9th had a runner on 2nd both innings, but no runs. Brewers in 9th had runner on 2nd and scored and that is the old ball game.

The GOOD NEWS is Reds are 1-2 with 159 games left to play. Get them tomorrow.

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - bengalfan74 - 04-02-2019

Tanner Roark had an awful 1st but then settled down and had a decent game. Raisel Iglesias continues to struggle and although it's still way early it's starting to become concerning.

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - grampahol - 04-02-2019

To chilly here for my fishing tastes.. Low 60s.. I know..In Ohio that's darn near summer, but here it's down right cold.
Actually I've kind of lost my desire to sit out looking at the water all day not to mention last fall the otters were going nuts and probably killing off most of the fish or at least chasing them down to the deep part of the lake. 
Anyway, it's still early. Hopefully by the time Cincinnati warms up the Reds won't be completely out of contention.. 

So far, only 2+ innings Disco's had the best start thus far. Hope he has a great season top to bottom..  Then he walks Cain on a 3-2 pitch..  I'm not gonna predict a thing from here out..  (Or at least I'm gonna try to avoid such anyway..)

You know..sometimes it feels like it's me tuning in that makes Reds pitchers suddenly stink up the place. It often feels like they've been pitching great. I tune in to watch or listen then suddenly they just go to hell in a handbasket.. I know deep down there's no correlation especially from 800 miles away, but it feels like there is more often than not. Anyone else ever feel like that?  Shocked

Think Barny could plod just a little slower down to 1st base if he tried? Geeeeez..  I suppose he could've crawled on his hands and knees..  Whatever

Perhaps it's Diet Rich time.. we'll see.. 

Oh well...lil nubber to 1st..  Cry

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - psychdoctor - 04-02-2019

Not sure Duke over Wisler was right choice. Or Robert Stephenson for that matter. Reds miss Gennett and Senzel.

(04-02-2019, 09:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Not sure Duke over Wisler was right choice.  Or Robert Stephenson for that matter.  Reds miss Gennett and Senzel.

Personally I would have left Disco in. He was throwing well, but instead we got a pinch hit nothing out of that.. 

I keep forgetting we have 2 Iglesies's.. 1 @ SS and 1 pitcher..  Bringing in Iglesias to hit..My brain thought the pitcher brought in to pinch hit??? 

Now that they lost I REALLY didn't like the move to take Disco out when they did.. He was just finding his mark and what did Bell do? A quintessential Reds move..

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - kevin - 04-03-2019

Damage Control. Win the afternoon game, avoid a sweep, get to 2-3 on season, not 1-4. Hader has 2 straight saves. It's hard to get 3 straight saves, fatigue, we saw that with Chapman, Cordero, others. Get them tomorrow. GO REDS.

RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - grampahol - 04-03-2019

It might be spiffy if one or more of Winker, Kemp and Shebler actually get hit(s) instead of making nothing but outs.. All are Oh fer for the season.

Such great hitting by Reds batters.. 0 for the last 18. You can't get any more excited than that, eh?

Beautiful sinker/slider there by Garrett.. Had Braun looking FB all the way.. 

OK, time for the bottom half of the Reds batting order to catch fire. Anyone in opposition speak up now or forever hold your peace. lol

So much for Shebler... Complete Oh Fers.. Almost makes me miss Billy Hamilton's live bat..  Sad

WOOO! An actual hit by Casali.. and the pinch hitter amounts to a bunch of foul balls and a strike out..  yey..  Whatever

Leadoff walk that should have been a strikeout, but the ump fell asleep..and...DING..doubled em up..  It's a MIRACLE.. 

So far Reds pitching has been pretty good. Hitting? That's another story entirely. I think it qualifies as terrible ever since the first game ended..