Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? (/Thread-If-you-could-have-ANY-one-player-Slip-to-Bengals-at-pick-11-who-helps-team-the-most)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - yang - 04-08-2019

Kyler Murray and it's not even close for me.

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - Hammerstripes - 04-08-2019

(04-05-2019, 01:24 PM)jason Wrote: No... If anything, I'd trade back from 11 if white is gone. Stockpiling picks seems to be an effective way of turning a team around. I guess I'd take one of the OTs or a TE in the first at that point, and figure something out with the LB situation... Glad it's not my job to do that. I personally don't like Bush in the first.

Disagree.  This team has been taking the safe route over and over again and it never pans out.  We pass on free agents because of the money, we never trade up in the draft because we need 10-12 draft picks.  It gets old.

Last year is a great example.  We are sitting there 1 pick away from Ragnow.  Why not give up a 4th or 5th rounder to move up 1-2 spots and get the guy you really want.

The cupboard igs far from empty.  I still contend that the Bengals one of the best sets of skill players in the league  in Mixon, Green, Boyd, Eifert. Uzomah, Ross, Gio.  The secondary is above average, the D-line is above average.

IF, and I truly mean IF, a guy like Devin White is the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis, then yes, I am more than happy to give up Malik Jefferson or Sam Hubbard (last year's 3rds) to get him.  I mean, there's nothing that says we can't use some of our 18 lower round draft picks to move back into the 3rd.  

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - depthchart - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 02:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Disagree.  This team has been taking the safe route over and over again and it never pans out.  We pass on free agents because of the money, we never trade up in the draft because we need 10-12 draft picks.  It gets old.

Last year is a great example.  We are sitting there 1 pick away from Ragnow.  Why not give up a 4th or 5th rounder to move up 1-2 spots and get the guy you really want.

The cupboard igs far from empty.  I still contend that the Bengals one of the best sets of skill players in the league  in Mixon, Green, Boyd, Eifert. Uzomah, Ross, Gio.  The secondary is above average, the D-line is above average.

IF, and I truly mean IF, a guy like Devin White is the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis, then yes, I am more than happy to give up Malik Jefferson or Sam Hubbard (last year's 3rds) to get him.  I mean, there's nothing that says we can't use some of our 18 lower round draft picks to move back into the 3rd.  

I think giving a 3rd rounder could get the Bengals up to pick #7 or 8.

It may take giving a 2nd rounder to get up to pick #5.

Would you give up the 2nd round pick to get him ?

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - jason - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 02:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Disagree.  This team has been taking the safe route over and over again and it never pans out.  We pass on free agents because of the money, we never trade up in the draft because we need 10-12 draft picks.  It gets old.

I don't think Devin White is a can't miss though. So those big IFs aren't enough for me to want to trade up for him. Especially since we could use an OT or TE as well. I think there's gonna be a rush on QBs and pass rushers. Somebody useful will be there at 11.

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - ochocincos - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 03:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: I think giving a 3rd rounder could get the Bengals up to pick #7 or 8.

It may take giving a 2nd rounder to get up to pick #5.

Would you give up the 2nd round pick to get him ?

If teams follow the Trade Value Chart, you are pretty spot on.

Pick 5 = 1700 points
Pick 11+42 = 1250+480 = 1730

Pick 7 = 1500 points
Pick 8 = 1400 points
Pick 11+72 = 1250+230 = 1480

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - depthchart - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 03:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If teams follow the Trade Value Chart, you are pretty spot on.

Pick 5 = 1700 points
Pick 11+42 = 1250+480 = 1730

Pick 7 = 1500 points
Pick 8 = 1400 points
Pick 11+72 = 1250+230 = 1480

I cheated and looked at a Chart before my post.  Tongue

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-08-2019

(04-07-2019, 08:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think I've been high it quite some time ? Little drunk yes

Been awhile for me myself.

(04-07-2019, 08:53 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Overall? Kind of

He's an immediate upgrade at RT and arguably the best lineman in this draft. I have him at #10 on my big board.

I do have Allen higher than Jonah, but I think Jonah offers us a lineman that could excel at RT and, worst case scenario, move him to inside.

I actually like Taylor better then Jonah but would be happy with either at 11.

(04-07-2019, 09:27 PM)jason Wrote: You're doing it wrong. The two go hand in hand.

Being droned, ah the good old daze.

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - Mike M (the other one) - 04-11-2019

LT Juwaan Taylor. Lock it down for the next 10 years.
Glenn can't play a full season and contract is up after this year. That's $9 Mil we can use to extend Green/Boyd.

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - XenoMorph - 04-11-2019

Bosa if he is there but he wont be....

after that The Devin's

If all 3 are gone the Best OT available

if that value is not there then maybe a QB to sit and learn for a year or two.

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-11-2019

(04-11-2019, 02:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LT Juwaan Taylor. Lock it down for the next 10 years.
Glenn can't play a full season and contract is up after this year. That's $9 Mil we can use to extend Green/Boyd.

I like your thoughts as usual Mike.

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - J24 - 04-13-2019

Oliver

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-13-2019

(04-13-2019, 12:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Oliver

Apparently his interview with Philly went really bad, and they’re taking him off their board for character issues.

And I guess there was an incident with Oliver and his coach at Houston as well. Wonder if he drops because of some of this stuff...

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - NKURyan - 04-13-2019

(04-13-2019, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And I guess there was an incident with Oliver and his coach at Houston as well. Wonder if he drops because of some of this stuff...

Was it the silly thing about his school jacket? I remember hearing something about that during the season... it seemed like a total non-issue to me. That's mostly on the coach IMO.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25297575/ed-oliver-major-applewhite-houston-cougars-address-jacket-beef

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-14-2019

(04-13-2019, 11:31 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Was it the silly thing about his school jacket? I remember hearing something about that during the season... it seemed like a total non-issue to me. That's mostly on the coach IMO.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25297575/ed-oliver-major-applewhite-houston-cougars-address-jacket-beef

Looks bad to me. Completely disagree it’s on the coach. The HC is the boss. Period. Idc what he did or said. To explode like that over being told to take a coat off is ridiculous. Combine that with reports of bad interviews and it’s a legit concern for any team that takes him so high.

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - NATI BENGALS - 04-14-2019

(04-13-2019, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently his interview with Philly went really bad, and they’re taking him off their board for character issues.

And I guess there was an incident with Oliver and his coach at Houston as well. Wonder if he drops because of some of this stuff...

I got all excited when I realized he could be an option for us in the draft. I remember watching him as a true freshman and thinking holy shit that dude is a future #1 overall pick. So I went and started watching videos. And of course I can't find it now. But one was an interview and just with that short clip it made me start looking for other guys to dream about at #11.

If I am going to give a guy millions and give him the honor of being a first round pick. I want a little more maturity and a little less jackassery. 

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - Bilbo Saggins - 04-14-2019

It's kind of funny to me that all of a sudden character issues are popping up as a concern for Oliver and that's what's giving people pause.  My concerns are that he played college ball at sub 280 and that he may never be very good outside of playing 5 technique sandwiched between a good NT and LB on the perimiter.  Playing against a power run team at 3/1 tech, he runs the risk of being run over.  

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - BengalFanInNJ - 04-14-2019

(04-11-2019, 02:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LT Juwaan Taylor. Lock it down for the next 10 years.

And this is the reason why I think they are definitely going OT in the first. 

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - NATI BENGALS - 04-14-2019

(04-11-2019, 02:24 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LT Juwaan Taylor. Lock it down for the next 10 years.

He is under contract next year as well. But we can release him with no dead cap apparently. I wouldnt let that stop us from drafting an OT. Just saying

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - fredtoast - 04-14-2019

(04-08-2019, 02:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Last year is a great example.  We are sitting there 1 pick away from Ragnow.  Why not give up a 4th or 5th rounder to move up 1-2 spots and get the guy you really want.

Because Price is just as good and sometimes you get players like Carl Lawson, Clint Boling, or Geno Atkins in the fourth round.

RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - grampahol - 04-14-2019

Being a predominately offensive minded coaching staff I expect they draft offensive player(s) first then address defense later. How that plays out is anyone's guess right now..