Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ Green to be on First Take - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ Green to be on First Take (/Thread-AJ-Green-to-be-on-First-Take)

Pages: 1 2

AJ Green to be on First Take - pally - 09-15-2015

If you can put up with Bayless and Smith, AJ Green will be on First Take (ESPN2) sometime between 10 and noon.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - wasehs - 09-15-2015

(09-15-2015, 11:03 AM)pally Wrote: If you can put up with Bayless and Smith, AJ Green will be on First Take (ESPN2) sometime between 10 and noon.

Aww, he was so shy. Lol. Seriously he is so low key, I'm amazed he does any of those shows. Especially with Stephen A Smith yelling at him about his qb. Good to see him tho

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - Bengal Dude - 09-15-2015

First Take could do a whole positive show about the Bengals, and I still wouldn't watch it. All Smith and Bayless do is say moronic things to stir things up.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - Element - 09-15-2015

Lol I can tell most people here dont even watch First Take. Its not always Skip and Stephen A, tune in sometime.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - Bengal Dude - 09-15-2015

(09-15-2015, 04:43 PM)Element Wrote: Lol I can tell most people here dont even watch First Take. Its not always Skip and Stephen A, tune in sometime.

It may not always be Stephen and Skip, but if it's Stephen or Skip, it's still not watchable.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - fredtoast - 09-15-2015

(09-15-2015, 04:43 PM)Element Wrote: Lol I can tell most people here dont even watch First Take. Its not always Skip and Stephen A, tune in sometime.

I don't trash everything about ESPN like some people here, but First Take is unwatchable.  I can't take anything those guys say serious.  All they are doing is pushing buttons and stirring the pot.

I can actually take Stephen A in small doses when he is talking NBA, but I still can't stand First Take.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - phil413 - 09-15-2015

(09-15-2015, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't trash everything about ESPN like some people here, but First Take is unwatchable.  I can't take anything those guys say serious.  All they are doing is pushing buttons and stirring the pot.

I can actually take Stephen A in small doses when he is talking NBA, but I still can't stand First Take.

Yea it has reached the point where I'm irked at myself for flipping through and seeing the title on the screen.  I get that they're trying to stir the pot to draw the casual fan but it also alienates actual fans.  I'm ashamed that the station plays these types of "debate" shows and plays something useful like NFL matchup at like 3am.  

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - magikod - 09-15-2015

I really only watch SportsCenter on ESPN anymore.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - coachmcneil71 - 09-15-2015

I watched the interview. AJ handled it very well and in a professional manner. I actually took a little umbrage with the way they closed the interview. AJ was trying to be respective and thank them for having him and the producers or whomever was pulling the strings cut him short.
ESPN sucks in several ways imo but that's another thread.
Job well done by AJ. He represented Bengal nation humbly,honestly, and with pride and respect.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - Lawless_1 - 09-16-2015

If anyone missed it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjVU503hTIs

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - J24 - 09-16-2015

AJ is no Chad when it comes to talking to the Media but that's not a bad thing. On a side note first take is unbearable at times. Its amazing that those guys get 4 hours a day but yet they couldn't give SVP and Russillo the time of day.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - BURROWorBUST - 09-16-2015

I like First Take. Maybe because I understand it for what it is. It's a show. It's over the top at times. That makes it fun.

AJ though? ZZZZZZZZZZ And that's a good thing. Any attention he brings to us will be because of what he DOES on the field, not what he SAYS off of it.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - GodFather - 09-16-2015

(09-16-2015, 02:38 AM)J24 Wrote: AJ is no Chad when it comes to talking to the Media but that's not a bad thing. On a side note first take is unbearable at times. Its amazing that those guys get 4 hours a day but yet they couldn't give SVP and Russillo the time of day.

I liked how AJ's composure. He's not a Chad showboat but I would much rather have an AJ personality out there then a look at me Chad personality. The questions those guys are asking are so stupid, how is Green supposed to answer them?

"AJ Dalton is an average QB who fails in the playoffs, how do you feel about him?"

imagine if his response was,

"You know the minute I knew our QB was a ginger I knew we'd be in trouble. Can you name another successful ginger QB in the NFL ever?"

AJ is the man, I love his demeanor and his playing on the field. It feels great to have one of the best WR in the NFL in stripes!

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - masonbengals fan - 09-16-2015

AJ = Class act

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - XenoMorph - 09-16-2015

(09-16-2015, 02:38 AM)J24 Wrote: AJ is no Chad

So true.... But wouldnt mind him more vocal.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - XenoMorph - 09-16-2015

(09-16-2015, 11:43 AM)GodFather Wrote: I liked how AJ's composure. He's not a Chad showboat but I would much rather have an AJ personality out there then a look at me Chad personality. The questions those guys are asking are so stupid, how is Green supposed to answer them?

"AJ Dalton is an average QB who fails in the playoffs, how do you feel about him?"

imagine if his response was,

"You know the minute I knew our QB was a ginger I knew we'd be in trouble. Can you name another successful ginger QB in the NFL ever?"

AJ is the man, I love his demeanor and his playing on the field. It feels great to have one of the best WR in the NFL in stripes!

i doubt that would ever be his response if you go back and watch when he was drafted and they asked him what QB he wanted the bengals to draft.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - GodFather - 09-16-2015

(09-16-2015, 01:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i doubt that would ever be his response if you go back and watch when he was drafted and they asked him what QB he wanted the bengals to draft.

Was his response "I don't care what the Bengals feel is best" type of response?

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - RoyleRedlegs - 09-16-2015

(09-15-2015, 07:04 PM)magikod Wrote: I really only watch SportsCenter on ESPN anymore.

You should watch Highly Questionable with Bomani Jones and Dan LeBetard
that's a good show

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - jason - 09-16-2015

(09-16-2015, 06:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You should watch Highly Questionable with Bomani Jones and Dan LeBetard
that's a good show
I can't believe how many people don't like LeBetard.  I think his radio show is the best on ESPN by far.  I'm glad he got Cowherd's old slot, because he was getting preempted at 4 pm by the local bozo here.

RE: AJ Green to be on First Take - YES - 09-16-2015

(09-16-2015, 06:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You should watch Highly Questionable with Bomani Jones and Dan LeBetard
that's a good show

No.