Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) (/Thread-Game-Of-Thrones-Season-8-Talk-Spoilers)

Pages: 1 2 3

Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - CloeHokie - 04-24-2019

So after a long wait we finally get season 8! And ummmmm its been 2/6 episodes and basically nothing has happened. Some good scenes and moments etc but with only 6 total episodes I was hoping we would have had more action by now. I did enjoy the episodes but it was a bit too much reuniting etc. What do you guys and gals think so far?

I have more thoughts but even though I mentioned Spoilers I did not want to say too much.

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - Stewy - 04-24-2019

(04-24-2019, 02:51 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: So after a long wait we finally get season 8! And ummmmm its been 2/6 episodes and basically nothing has happened. Some good scenes and moments etc but with only 6 total episodes I was hoping we would have had more action by now. I did enjoy the episodes but it was a bit too much reuniting etc. What do you guys and gals think so far?

I have more thoughts but even though I mentioned Spoilers I did not want to say too much.

I don't watch it, but my impression from listening to addicts about what's happened so far, I think the following is what is going to happen.

They will continue to give you very little action.
All the deaths madness and mayhem will essentially happen in one episode (5th most likely), to outstrip the carnage of the red wedding.

There ya go.  They're going to keep you on edge and then try to blast you off your seat.

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - XenoMorph - 04-24-2019

(04-24-2019, 03:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: I don't watch it, but my impression from listening to addicts about what's happened so far, I think the following is what is going to happen.

All the deaths madness and mayhem will essentially happen in one episode (5th most likely), to outstrip the carnage of the red wedding.

There ya go.  They're going to keep you on edge and then try to blast you off your seat.

well the last 4 episodes are at least 80 minutes long...   Longest battle sequence on film is set for next week.  that's all we truly know.

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - CloeHokie - 04-27-2019

Bet this week to die

Jamie Lannister

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - Dill - 04-29-2019

LOL  Night King is not so tough after all.  Beat by a girl.

[Image: courtesy-of-hbo-5-e1556506599408.jpg?w=4...253&crop=1]

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - Dill - 04-29-2019

(04-24-2019, 03:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: I don't watch it, but my impression from listening to addicts about what's happened so far, I think the following is what is going to happen.

Quite a bit of mayhem in 3.  Unfortunately, the battle takes place mostly in the dark and fog.  Too realistic in that sense.

Some of the dead wood characters are finally cleared out. Good dragon fight.

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - XenoMorph - 04-29-2019

(04-29-2019, 08:26 AM)Dill Wrote: LOL  Night King is not so tough after all.  Beat by a girl.

[Image: courtesy-of-hbo-5-e1556506599408.jpg?w=4...253&crop=1]

really he never fights anyone

Throws a spear

dodges a spear

Dies without a stuggle.

Next Night King vs Snoke for most disappointing villain EVER....
(I hope the books detail these events out better  as this wrap up felt to easy like they had to do it this was to get to the rest of the story...)

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - CKwi88 - 04-29-2019

(04-29-2019, 12:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: really he never fights anyone

Throws a spear

dodges a spear

Dies without a stuggle.

Next Night King vs Snoke for most disappointing villain EVER....
(I hope the books detail these events out better  as this wrap up felt to easy like they had to do it this was to get to the rest of the story...)

I regard the TV show and the books as two separate canons at this point.

No doubt that the books will flesh it out more, but GoT has always been more political drama and human interaction than fantasy and good vs evil. It's fitting that they'd wrap up the fantasy element first with the night king and focus on the humans over the last half of the season.

It's about as neat a way to wrap it up as the shows could do.

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - XenoMorph - 04-29-2019

Some things don't sit right with me with the episode...

Most importantly I guess Ice Wights and fire Wights don't work the same or jon should have died too.

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - Stewy - 04-29-2019

(04-29-2019, 08:38 AM)Dill Wrote: Quite a bit of mayhem in 3.  Unfortunately, the battle takes place mostly in the dark and fog.  Too realistic in that sense.

Some of the dead wood characters are finally cleared out. Good dragon fight.

Yeah I saw that - they did give you quite a bit of single episode carnage.  :)

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - Bengalzona - 05-06-2019

Pretty bad week for Dany, eh. She buries Friendzone Jorah, learns that Jon is way more popular than her with the Northern crowd, keeps getting the evil eye from Sansa, loses another dragon (out of stupidity), has the Unsullied whittled down to like a couple of platoons, gets bad advice again from Tyrion ("Uh... let's go ask Cersei if she will surrender!"), and then gets to watch Missandei lose her head.

So... once again I'm left with the startling revelation: People in GoT-Land have never heard of 'reconnaissance'. I mean, seriously. You can't fly those dragons at a couple of thousand feet altitude and get a good lay-of-the-land before sailing a fleet loaded with troops into waters where you already know there is an enemy fleet? Even the Japanese at Midway had better sense than that.

Also, there is always Bran the Warg... thing. Can't he turn himself into like a U-2/Raven thing and spot for you? Or is he too caught up in watching the "Married With Targareans" reruns to even care? Dude is always like, "Uh... I'm not Bran anymore and I've got more important things to do". He's just like a teenager with an iPad or something.

It's starting to look like the best way for Dany to be queen is to wait for Nephew Jon and marry him. Varys has already figured this out. I suppose when you have no gonads, then you have plenty of time to think rational thoughts, eh. And BTW, kudos for Varys finally being the first person to say that Dany is Jon's aunt. We viewers mostly knew that by now, but no one in the show had said it yet.

So... does Dany rebound, or does Jon take over? I mean, we know that Cersei is gonna get it eventually. What about Arya? If she assassinates Cersei, maybe she could be made Queen, eh? I mean, she would have killed the two baddest baddies in the show.

Looking forward to the "Clegane Bowl".

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - XenoMorph - 05-06-2019

(05-06-2019, 05:22 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Pretty bad week for Dany, eh. She buries Friendzone Jorah, learns that Jon is way more popular than her with the Northern crowd, keeps getting the evil eye from Sansa, loses another dragon (out of stupidity), has the Unsullied whittled down to like a couple of platoons, gets bad advice again from Tyrion ("Uh... let's go ask Cersei if she will surrender!"), and then gets to watch Missandei lose her head.

So... once again I'm left with the startling revelation: People in GoT-Land have never heard of 'reconnaissance'. I mean, seriously. You can't fly those dragons at a couple of thousand feet altitude and get a good lay-of-the-land before sailing a fleet loaded with troops into waters where you already know there is an enemy fleet? Even the Japanese at Midway had better sense than that.

Also, there is always Bran the Warg... thing. Can't he turn himself into like a U-2/Raven thing and spot for you? Or is he too caught up in watching the "Married With Targareans" reruns to even care? Dude is always like, "Uh... I'm not Bran anymore and I've got more important things to do". He's just like a teenager with an iPad or something.

It's starting to look like the best way for Dany to be queen is to wait for Nephew Jon and marry him. Varys has already figured this out. I suppose when you have no gonads, then you have plenty of time to think rational thoughts, eh. And BTW, kudos for Varys finally being the first person to say that Dany is Jon's aunt. We viewers mostly knew that by now, but no one in the show had said it yet.

So... does Dany rebound, or does Jon take over? I mean, we know that Cersei is gonna get it eventually. What about Arya? If she assassinates Cersei, maybe she could be made Queen, eh? I mean, she would have killed the two baddest baddies in the show.

Looking forward to the "Clegane Bowl".

Jaime is headed down to kings landing to put his sister down.

Or to protect his Baby.....

hmmmmmmm..

Arya has a role to play still but I don't think the honor of killing ceresi will be hers.

Ceresi played Danny like a fiddle and she will do something stupid and get her self killed in an act of rage.   which solves the danny/jon problem.

(05-06-2019, 10:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Jaime is headed down to kings landing to put his sister down.

Or to protect his Baby.....

hmmmmmmm..

Arya has a role to play still but I don't think the honor of killing ceresi will be hers.

Ceresi played Danny like a fiddle and she will do something stupid and get her self killed in an act of rage.   which solves the danny/jon problem.

Well, Arya's list can't be very long at this point:

1. Cersei
2. the Mountain

Right?

(05-06-2019, 11:55 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Well, Arya's list can't be very long at this point:

1. Cersei
2. the Mountain

Right?

Right she wont get the Mountain either...

BTW Jon snow doesn't deserve ghost.    Couldn't even say goodbye.

(05-06-2019, 12:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right she wont get the Mountain either...

BTW Jon snow doesn't deserve ghost.    Couldn't even say goodbye.

Yeah. I could see where Jaime has to end up killing Cersei. Some sort of poetic justice thing. The King Slayer now becomes the Queen Slayer, eh.

But I could also see the Mountain getting the better of the Hound in a fight, and Arya hoping in to kill the Mountain at the last minute (possibly just in time to hear the Hound's last words telling her to piss off).

(05-06-2019, 12:53 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. I could see where Jaime has to end up killing Cersei. Some sort of poetic justice thing. The King Slayer now becomes the Queen Slayer, eh.

But I could also see the Mountain getting the better of the Hound in a fight, and Arya hoping in to kill the Mountain at the last minute (possibly just in time to hear the Hound's last words telling her to piss off).

If Jaime isn't going their to kill Ceresi mayhaps he ends up killing the new Mad Queen before she can burn down the town

I'll bet they all die: Dany, Cersei, Jaime, etc. The only one left is Jon. And then he says, "Let's just get rid of this whole 'king' thing and go with a democracy, eh."

RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - Nebuchadnezzar - 05-06-2019

The only thing I noticed about pretty much this whole season is the only people to use any sort of tactics, even a little, are the bad guys.

Dragon gets killed
Fly in head on
Gets shot at
Looks heartbroken
Flies away

I mean really?

How about as Zona said, fly in high and check things out?
How about after the dragon is killed you fly around behind them and light them up?
How about waiting for your ground forces to arrive?
How about flying in at night and lighting up those balistas on the wall?

That blond lady is a terrible queen, she won't last long on the throne.

(05-06-2019, 01:36 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'll bet they all die: Dany, Cersei, Jaime, etc. The only one left is Jon. And then he says, "Let's just get rid of this whole 'king' thing and go with a democracy, eh."

could end with it going back to 7 kingdoms lol

I wonder why the Iron Bank isn't on the Iron Islands?

Very ironic, that.

I do give creators credit for just totally writing off this weeks episode as fluff. I mean, anything would have been anti-climactic after last week, eh. So, why try?