Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2019-NFL-Draft-Discussion-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-27-2019

Would you guys be pissed if the Bengals drafted that kicker from LSU at this point? I think he is a good kicker.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:05 PM)yang Wrote: Bengals gave up their 5th and 6th to move up to the back of the 4th.  So no 5th rounder.  We have three 6th rounders left or as coach Callahan called them, glorified free agents.

Did he really say that? I mean it's kinda true.

(04-27-2019, 03:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jordan was the 1st OSU Freshman Olineman to start immediately since Orlando Pace

If he's even half the player Pace was, we have a major find.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:11 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Joseph goes to Buffalo. Feels like the LB crop this year is either dropping or has a lot of issues we don't know about.

It appears Bengals do not like this LB class more than they like the trenches being fixed mostly on the offensive side.

I am hopeful the Bengals try and trade for Lee or sign Collins or Brown.

Any of the 3 makes me feel better about our defense coming into 2019.

Our DL was looking decent until we lost Glasgow. Then we lost Lawson. Hubbard improved as the year went on so hopefully he is a better DE than MJ was.

LB still a concern, I hate to see Pratt have to be great day one.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - fredtoast - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:01 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Trayveon Williams hanging around is kind of strange. Hope he's still around when we pick again.

With Zac's ties to A&M (Father-in-law Mike Sherman) I thought we would draft an Aggie or two.

Williams was very productive there.

(04-27-2019, 03:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears Bengals do not like this LB class more than they like the trenches being fixed mostly on the offensive side.

I am hopeful the Bengals try and trade for Lee or sign Collins or Brown.

Any of the 3 makes me feel better about our defense coming into 2019.

Our DL was looking decent until we lost Glasgow. Then we lost Lawson. Hubbard improved as the year went on so hopefully he is a better DE than MJ was.

LB still a concern, I hate to see Pratt have to be great day one.

Jefferson is still relatively an unknown 3rd rounder backer from last year.  I do think they will grab Chase Hansen next or maybe Coney from ND

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Au165 - 04-27-2019

Terril Hanks would still be a nice piece if there in the 6th.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - yang - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Did he really say that? I mean it's kinda true.

If he's even half the player Pace was, we have a major find.

Yes he did say it.  And it is. 

I'm looking and realized we probably didn't draft a player who will start this year unless we have injuries.  

Williams might beat out Hart or the guard so he is the best shot but not a lock. 

Pratt will likely start in the base defense but will come out in nickel. He will have to beat out Jefferson and Jordan.  

Sample is the back up TE.

Finley a back up QB.

Man, that is not good.  

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Bengalholic - 04-27-2019

All of a sudden, the o-line starts to look a lot more interesting:

Glenn 
Williams
Hart
Perkins

Boling 
Miller
Westerman
Jordan
Redmund
Taylor

Price
Hopkins
Lundblade

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Mobster - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:27 PM)yang Wrote: Yes he did say it.  And it is. 

I'm looking and realized we probably didn't draft a player who will start this year unless we have injuries.  

Williams might beat out Hart or the guard so he is the best shot but not a lock. 

Pratt will likely start in the base defense but will come out in nickel. He will have to beat out Jefferson and Jordan.  

Finley a back up QB.

Man, that is not good.  

Wow. This is really short-sighted.

Geno Atkins didn't come in and start either.

I think most every player we've picked has the ability to be a starting player.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Schmitbuck - 04-27-2019

I'd like to add another LB and a RB in the 6th.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - matmaven - 04-27-2019

Guess we are going to see twice a year if Mack Wilson can play.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - fredtoast - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:27 PM)yang Wrote: I'm looking and realized we probably didn't draft a player who will start this year unless we have injuries.  

Man, that is not good.  

Williams will start somewhere.

And a third to a half of the other first round picks will NOT start this year.

Your hater game is weak.  Step it up, son.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:31 PM)Mobster Wrote: Wow. This is really short-sighted.

Geno Atkins didn't come in and start either.

I think most every player we've picked has the ability to be a starting player.

So true, all we have done was just upgrade our roster at the positions of weakness and people still complain and say it isn't good enough. Pratt was my favorite Linebacker in all of the Draft besides Devin White. Jonah was the best OT, Sample was the best blocking TE, Finley fits the system Zac runs and is tall with great accuracy, Wren is a freak athlete that just needs to be coached up, Jordan helps with depth on the O-line etc

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - J24 - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:27 PM)yang Wrote: Yes he did say it.  And it is. 

Finley a back up QB.

Man, that is not good.  

Lol Williams is definitely a starter as well as Pratt.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Clark W Griswold - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Williams will start somewhere.

And a third to a half of the other first round picks will NOT start this year.

Your hater game is weak.  Step it up, son.

I also think Pratt will start
Didn’t I see a quote from one of coaches saying he could see the starting LBs being Brown, Vigil and Pratt?

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Joelist - 04-27-2019

A draft where the clear priority has been to fix our chronic issue of being unable to control the line of scrimmage offensively and people still complain?

I really like Hodge backer from BFF

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Bengalpool - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: A draft where the clear priority has been to fix our chronic issue of being unable to control the line of scrimmage offensively and people still complain?

It's been a good draft. It wasn't sexy by any means, but it will help us win more games by improving our blocking. Sometimes, people just need something to cry about.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - t3r3e3 - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Would you guys be pissed if the Bengals drafted that kicker from LSU at this point? I think he is a good kicker.

Fat Randy is a replaceable talent at Kicker. That said, I’d rather see a bunch of LB picks. LB group to is still pathetic.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:41 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I also think Pratt will start
Didn’t I see a quote from one of coaches saying he could see the starting LBs being Brown, Vigil and Pratt?

I like it, with Pratt at SAM and Vigil at WILL.

Vigil is ten times the player he is at WILL than he is at SAM. We have been needing a SAM backer that can tackle and cover forever. Pratt is this guy and even Jefferson might get in this conversation if he comes along mentally under Tem.

(04-27-2019, 03:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: A draft where the clear priority has been to fix our chronic issue of being unable to control the line of scrimmage offensively and people still complain?

Crazy huh?

(04-27-2019, 03:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I really like Hodge backer from BFF

Me too.

(04-27-2019, 03:49 PM)Takedown Wrote: It's been a good draft. It wasn't sexy by any means, but it will help us win more games by improving our blocking. Sometimes, people just need something to cry about.

Winning is what matters last i checked, with this Draft we will win a lot more games than last year book it.