Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2019-NFL-Draft-Discussion-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 02:18 AM)TKUHL Wrote: There's also a C still on the board that's not bad McCoy, could be an option as well.

Jenkins is better IMO.  

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - CloeHokie - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 02:16 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Oh I'm not giving up on him at all. Just think he's a better Guard, and Hopkins played just as good as Price at C. No disrespect intended to Price at all. Also I wanted Williams at LT but I just dont see them starting him there right away.

I think he still has a good future at center but his injury bad snap to Dalton was bad. Or was that Hopkins? I think it was Price though. I don't think we should move him though. At least for now

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 01:33 AM)packerbacker Wrote: It's still 1995 here. You guys are ahead of us LOL.

But Mark Twain said we’re always 20 years behind...

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - grampahol - 04-26-2019

I'm not exactly opposed to completely stacking the deck with Olinemen if they're still available. It would be sweet to not have to worry about the oline for the better part of the next decade with Mix mixing things up in the backfield and only worry about LBs..
Try to imagine an Oline that can blow open holes all day long for Mixon and Gio.. It has the potential to make Bengals football pretty darned exciting. Ickyish even.. ThumbsUp

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - TKUHL - 04-26-2019

One more beer! My wish list for the next few picks.

RD2 Pick 10 - Risner/Taylor/Ford OL

RD3 Pick 8 - Mack Wilson LB

RD4 Pick 8 - Lonnie Johnson CB

RD5 Pick 11 - David Long Jr. OLB/ILB

RD6 Pick 10 - Jarrett Stidham QB

RD6 Pick 25 - Antoine Wesley WR

RD6 Pick 37 - Donald Parham TE

RD6 Pick 38 - Just didn't want to leave off with 3 sixes.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - TKUHL - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 02:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: I thought the Wisconsin legislature banned all internet and rational thinking or at least until they're voted out of office and even then have tried to legislate voting them out of office illegal..   IDK..I'm not trying to sidetrack this into some political debate. I just couldn't help myself.
Anyway...Something in me likes Parris Campbell and the old lady here likes the name since her son is also called Parris.. No wait..It's Parish.. I better not tell her I got his name wrong. Nice guy though and can fly airplanes..
Jeeeez..I need some sleep.. I'm all over the place here..
Parris Campbell @ 2 anyone? 

I heard they were high on him so I can see it.

7 just has to be the ultimate sleeper, the guy nobody wanted, but turns out to be a 20 year probowler. It's never been known to fail.. Just publish it in the classifieds section 7 times..on the 8th day it will be delivered.. 
Yeah....that never fails..asking the spook of Novena in the classifieds.. 

(04-26-2019, 03:09 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I heard they were high on him so I can see it.

Pretty amazing how optimistic we can get every April 26th, huh? I can still recall some of us acting all excited when we drafted Ogbuihi and how the next guy, Fisher was such a stud puppy in the making.. 
You know...every now and then it actually works how we want it to... Note the every once in awhile part which is not to be confused with always..  Tongue

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Joelist - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 03:17 AM)grampahol Wrote: Pretty amazing how optimistic we can get every April 26th, huh? I can still recall some of us acting all excited when we drafted Ogbuihi and how the next guy, Fisher was such a stud puppy in the making.. 
You know...every now and then it actually works how we want it to... Note the every once in awhile part which is not to be confused with always..  Tongue

Most of us knew better. We held out some hope for Fisher but IIRC pretty much all of us were facepalming over Og. 

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Bengals731 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 02:58 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not exactly opposed to completely stacking the deck with Olinemen if they're still available. It would be sweet to not have to worry about the oline for the better part of the next decade with Mix mixing things up in the backfield and only worry about LBs..
Try to imagine an Oline that can blow open holes all day long for Mixon and Gio.. It has the potential to make Bengals football pretty darned exciting. Ickyish even.. ThumbsUp

What if they could come out of the first 3 rounds with Williams, Ford, Pratt/Cashman.. It would be be sweet , smash mouth football.. 

I am feeling:

Thornhill-S
Zach Allen- edge
G. Williams-CB
Ford-Guard
Arcega-Whiteside-WR
Butler-WR

for round two. If they select Risner-OT, they would be set for next 10 years at OT. But I think they go with one of those aforementioned. Butler is huge at 6'5" 230 runs a sub 4.5 40. yikes.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Au165 - 04-26-2019

I don't see Ford making it to us, but either way I am content with our line for now knowing we have flexability. I am intrigued by the options at Corner even though it isn't an immediate need there still is a looming question about what happens next year with Dennard on a one year deal. LB obviously is a need, I am okay with Mack Wilson at 42 as I don't think he makes it back around. The kind of elephant in the room though to me is the just massive amount of WR talent available right now. AJ coming off an injury and being more injury prone while banking on Ross to step up seems like a recipe for a letdown. With some legit #1/#2 options on the board I have to wonder if the Bengals have their eyes on a WR either in the 2nd or 3rd round.

(04-26-2019, 08:32 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't see Ford making it to us, but either way I am content with our line for now knowing we have flexability. I am intrigued by the options at Corner even though it isn't an immediate need there still is a looming question about what happens next year with Dennard on a one year deal. LB obviously is a need, I am okay with Mack Wilson at 42 as I don't think he makes it back around. The kind of elephant in the room though to me is the just massive amount of WR talent available right now. AJ coming off an injury and being more injury prone while banking on Ross to step up seems like a recipe for a letdown. With some legit #1/#2 options on the board I have to wonder if the Bengals have their eyes on a WR either in the 2nd or 3rd round.

At WR I really like Arcega-Whiteside, Butler, and AJ Brown.   I could see them going DB or WR but if Ford (Guard) is there, he and Williams on the right side would be something.  

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Au165 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 08:40 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: At WR I really like Arcega-Whiteside, Butler, and AJ Brown.   I could see them going DB or WR but if Ford (Guard) is there, he and Williams on the right side would be something.  

Where as I think the Hart signing was a "just in case signing" the John Miller signing I 100% believe was to be a starter since they had a capable back up in Hopkins already. I do not believe guard is in play at this point. 

A line of Williams, Boling, Price, Miller, Glenn should be a big upgrade from last year. I like Arcega-Whiteside, Butler, Boykin, or even the workout warrior Metcalf all interest me this round. I want guys 6'3 or better who can stretch the field and make a contested catch. Right now other than AJ we have no one on the roster who can do these things. 

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Synric - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 08:40 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: At WR I really like Arcega-Whiteside, Butler, and AJ Brown.   I could see them going DB or WR but if Ford (Guard) is there, he and Williams on the right side would be something.  

Because Ford and Taylor are there along with guys like Greg Little it could push some of those second round interior linemen into the 3rd like Connor McGovern and Elgton Jenkins.

(04-26-2019, 08:48 AM)Synric Wrote: Because Ford and Taylor are there along with guys like Greg Little it could push some of those second round interior linemen into the 3rd like Connor McGovern and Elgton Jenkins.

Jenkins is a beast at C.  Would give Price run for the money.  I still think the Bengals will go DB or WR in round 2. Many good ones available.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Big Boss - 04-26-2019

[Image: 58543283_10100457790187060_4689937054090...e=5D3669CF]

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 08:51 AM)Big Boss Wrote: [Image: 58543283_10100457790187060_4689937054090...e=5D3669CF]

That Raiders fan was HILARIOUS.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 03:05 AM)TKUHL Wrote: One more beer! My wish list for the next few picks.

RD2 Pick 10 - Risner/Taylor/Ford OL

RD3 Pick 8 - Mack Wilson LB

RD4 Pick 8 - Lonnie Johnson CB

RD5 Pick 11 - David Long Jr. OLB/ILB

RD6 Pick 10 - Jarrett Stidham QB

RD6 Pick 25 - Antoine Wesley WR

RD6 Pick 37 - Donald Parham TE

RD6 Pick 38 - Just didn't want to leave off with 3 sixes.

I think your wishes are very optimistic. Wilson may make it to the 3rd.
Lonnie Johnson will be gone in round 2, very latest round 3. I hate drafting a QB in mid rounds that is not Grier, Lock or my sleeper QB from Buffalo who is huge (Tyree Jackson).

I would draft Jackson in round 3 or 4 to back up and learn from AD.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2019

How about Drew Lock if he's there for our pick in 2?

Greedy Williams, CB.
Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor OT's.
DK Metcalf or AJ Brown at WR.
Irv Smith TE.

We do need a LB, but I hope we don't reach. I'd be pretty happy with any of the above really. Metcalf and Williams would have the most star power of the picks.