Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2019-NFL-Draft-Discussion-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - PAjwPhilly - 04-26-2019

IDK if I could pass up.... Jawaan Taylor, Dalton Risner, or Cody Ford. Our line failed last season, and all of these guys have the potential to start day 1. That means a horrible defense again, but honestly without picking up FAs this was never a 1 draft fix....

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 12:14 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Jachai Polite might be worth a look. Slipped due to some poor interviews but he's a beast off the edge.

I would not be upset if we grabbed him in round 3

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 12:35 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: IDK if I could pass up.... Jawaan Taylor, Dalton Risner, or Cody Ford. Our line failed last season, and all of these guys have the potential to start day 1.  That means a horrible defense again, but honestly without picking up FAs this was never a 1 draft fix....

I think there's a chance Risner falls for a while. I saw one front office person say that he's a 7th Round pick. Some like him though.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Gamma Ray Tan - 04-26-2019

Get Ford or Taylor to solidify the o-Line with next pick. Work on the D with following picks. Zac knows this year is rebuilding year and will wait for his QB next year. A rookie QB next year will have a good O-line to work with. If the D can at least stay healthy this year, it will be better.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - PAjwPhilly - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 12:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think there's a chance Risner falls for a while. I saw one front office person say that he's a 7th Round pick. Some like him though.

Wow. Ouch. These draft grades and the draft in general is such a crap shoot.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Gamma Ray Tan - 04-26-2019

Also...please draft Rock Ya-Sin! I just want that jersey.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - depthchart - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 12:59 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Get Ford or Taylor to solidify the o-Line with next pick.

This may be the wisest move and I would also consider tackle Greg little from Ole Miss.

The O-line would become DEEP with young talent that can play tackle or guard positions.

An O-line injury or even two won't tank the O-line and the team going forward.

***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-26-2019

Take thus fwiw, but the oline class next year, especially ot, is considered weak. At least compared to this year. Might not be a bad idea to double down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - SHRacerX - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 01:02 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Also...please draft Rock Ya-Sin! I just want that jersey.

Dude has Raider written all over him:

In my best Gruden voice:

“We got Rock Ya-Sin out there coming some serious sins, man, tell you what, man...he’s a sinner, that Rock Ya-Sin”

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - depthchart - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 01:11 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Take thus fwiw, but the oline class next year, especially ot, is considered weak.  At least compared to this year.  Might not be a bad idea to double down

Doing so would open up the majority of the rest of this Draft for other Non-Oline positions to be focused on.

It would also set up the 2020 Draft for other Non-Oline positions to be focused on early.

The tackles that are still available plus Jonah Williams won't require a lot of developmental time to get them on the field and contributing; yet we would still have veterans Cordy Glenn & Hart in place for whatever developmental time these rookies would need.

The O-line would be a team Strength for a change.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - SHRacerX - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 01:11 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Take thus fwiw, but the oline class next year, especially ot, is considered weak. At least compared to this year. Might not be a bad idea to double down

I doubt he lasts, but that is why you take Cody Ford if he is there...look at how the Colts did just one year after drafting for their line. At his worst, he is a very solid option at guard. At his best, he is our long-term answer at RT.

Loved what I heard about one of our coaches saying that although he wouldn’t commit to Williams starting on Day 1 something to the effect of giving them the flexibility to get their best five players on the field.

If you get Cody Ford with the second round pick, you could have an opening day lineup like this:

Williams- Boling- Price- Ford- Glenn

One thing is for sure, the 700 lbs on the right side of that line could pound some people. ?- Supposed to be a bus emoji.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-26-2019

For those of us that want further improvement of the O-Line, even if the Bengals pass up on Ford and Risner, and take a Murphy or Arcega-Whiteside, there is another stud at G/OT that may be available.

Edoga, USC.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - coachmcneil71 - 04-26-2019

I'm hopping for the Washington LB, BBK here. Giants may snag him before us, unfortunately.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - TKUHL - 04-26-2019

Most of the players we hope to keep sliding will be gone. Maybe it's cause teams have more time to negotiate a trade overnight or just more time to study what's left. But every year there seems to be several trades on the front end of the 2nd round. I expect Taylor and Greedy/Murphy to be gone in the next 5 picks.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - TKUHL - 04-26-2019

We have a chance to walk away with the top two OT's, with the amount of picks we have.....make it happen.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - HarleyDog - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 01:02 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Also...please draft Rock Ya-Sin! I just want that jersey.

LOL

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 01:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dude has Raider written all over him:

In my best Gruden voice:

“We got Rock Ya-Sin out there coming some serious sins, man, tell you what, man...he’s a sinner, that Rock Ya-Sin”

Lol, that sounds just like The Grude, great stuff Racer ha ha

Would be fine with Rock Ya Sin, good player, he can tackle unlike Greedy Williams.

(04-26-2019, 02:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: For those of us that want further improvement of the O-Line, even if the Bengals pass up on Ford and Risner, and take a Murphy or Arcega-Whiteside, there is another stud at G/OT that may be available.

Edoga, USC.

Yes, he is a good one, great pass protector and can run block.

Surprised he is so underrated Edoga. Has first round talent.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - XenoMorph - 04-26-2019

Just get me something for the worst defensive unit In round 2.... Or our DC might quit lol... And this time we might not be able to find another.

Defense has to be addressed tonight over OL Depth

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 05:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just get me something for the worst defensive unit In round 2.... Or our DC might quit lol... And this time we might not be able to find another.

Defense has to be addressed tonight over OL Depth

Just don't reach is all i have to say.

Winovich, Pratt, Wilson, Long or Murphy i would be more than fine with.

Still say if Ford, Taylor or Risner are there they would start, so they are not just depth.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just don't reach is all i have to say.

Winovich, Pratt, Wilson, Long or Murphy i would be more than fine with.

Still say if Ford, Taylor or Risner are there they would start, so they are not just depth.

Yep. I'm all for building the offense in the 1st 2 Rounds. You can't stop the great offenses.

I'm going to take a nap. I'll catch up with you all at 7pm.

Who Dey!