Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2019-NFL-Draft-Discussion-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Drafting a backup TE is something you do when you have good starters at every position. We don't.

Fair point. We needed guys who will play right away, due to our avoidance of free agency. 

This guy will start 3rd on the depth chart.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - HarleyDog - 04-26-2019

Sample was a Belechek-ish pick. Ninja

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - grampahol - 04-26-2019

I'll hold of comments on Sample until I see the guy actually play in the pros. I can't tell you how many players have been really good that I never heard of before. Those grades to me are generally meaningless after the first 10 in the 1st unless they're 10>>1.. Anyway, going to defer to the coaching staff on this one and hope they know what they're doing.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - t3r3e3 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree Sample is a reach, but Zac obviously wants a TE that can block and catch in his offense. Perhaps we could have gotten him in the 3rd, but Zac wanted him there. 

We pick early in the 3rd and have an additional 4th. If my boy Pratt is there at 3 I'm happy. 

He should also want better DT depth, a RG who is decent, and LB’s who can cover. TE seemed like a luxury pick for a team lacking the flexibility to make luxury picks.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - NKURyan - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34: Wrote: If the Bengals were worried that someone else would snatch him up, they really didn't need to worry for a couple more rounds.

Nobody knows that for sure.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - TheLeonardLeap - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree Sample is a reach, but Zac obviously wants a TE that can block and catch in his offense. Perhaps we could have gotten him in the 3rd, but Zac wanted him there. 

We pick early in the 3rd and have an additional 4th. If my boy Pratt is there at 3 I'm happy. 

They didn't want him there, they just traded down and then all the players they did want got taken...

Quote:Katherine Terrell 

@Kat_Terrell

Bengals said they felt like the players they were targeting would still be available when they moved back

...but those 6th rounders. Woo boy.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nately120 - 04-26-2019

Ed "too tall" Jones was in the battle royale of Wrestlemania 2.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - StoneTheCrow - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A clip from Sample's career.

[Image: th?id=OIP.0on4xPqKtgKjcB5g6jTFlAHaFj&pid...=207&h=156]

The pick got a D+ guys.

Why the +? Because they didn’t run out of time?

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 09:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'll believe they go 2 TE sets when I see it.

This guy could just be a Dennis Roland TE version.

Help the RTs who suck until we can get our 1st rounder ready to play the position by himself.

Oh God, not Roland name.  PTSD.  Roland was an OT converted to TE.  Sample has the same size and 40 time speed as Hockenson 4.71.  Roland 40 time was like 5.5.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 09:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is even less film on me...well, except for that film I made when I was in college and desperate for money.

Submit it to the NFL and maybe you can go in the second round... Nervous

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - masonbengals fan - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:04 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Anyone defending picking him in the SECOND round needs to take off the homer glasses. This isnt just a bad pick, this is the worst pick in the draft by anyone so far.

You have no idea if that’s the way it will work out. Calm down

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Schmitbuck - 04-26-2019

I think the staff was unprepared with how the first round went. It feels like they expected more of the DBs, WRs, and lineman to go in the first that the guys they were targeting in the 2nd weren't there. They hardly had any DBs in for visits. I really think they planned to target Sample in the 3rd.

(04-26-2019, 10:04 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Just saw that Sample tweeted out earlier today that Avengers: End Game was "The best movie of all time."

Should've fallen off the entire draft board just for that.

You'd shoot me then for my pick of the best movies.. I watch subtitled movies..

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They didn't want him there, they just traded down and then all the players they did want got taken...

...but those 6th rounders. Woo boy.

I asked 3 times after we traded back, who did folks want that we "passed" on and I got crickets. Burt as soon as we select, everybody has an opinion. 

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Kingslayer - 04-26-2019

Colts got a steal in Campbell

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Stewy - 04-26-2019

As Bill Pullian says, "If it is the guy you want, it isn't a reach. There's no such thing as a reach."

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - TKUHL - 04-26-2019

The draft is my favorite event of the year, I have all the position ranking printed out, it's a big deal to me. We just ****** it up with this TE pick. I turned this shit off. Just the thought of not watching the draft has always been insane to me but this team really did it here. we had maybe the worst LB group ever and we make a boneheaded pick like this. This makes the Ross Pick seem awesome. This team will never change. Freakin idiots. I'm out till I cool off.

(04-26-2019, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I asked 3 times after we traded back, who did folks want that we "passed" on and I got crickets. Burt as soon as we select, everybody has an opinion. 

Everyone has an opinion B..you know how that bathroom humor goes.. 

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2019

Parris Campbell off the board.

***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: NFL Media analyst Lance Zierlein compared Washington TE Drew Sample to Indianapolis Colts TE Jack Doyle.

Sample (6'5/255) wasn't a big part of the passing game at Washington, but he did have a solid senior season with 21 catches for 252 yards and three scores in 2018. Doyle has been a solid receiver for the Colts when healthy, so this is relatively high praise. "While he might be typecast as just a blocking tight end, he possess enough speed and ball skills to become a more productive pass catcher than he was at Washington," writes Zierlein. "His size, football character and commitment as a run blocker give him a chance to become a solid combination tight end with TE2 potential."

A second round te should have more than te2 potential. That should be te1 potential. Big effing reach when there many higher rated players on the board.

Hey bengals opponents when you see sample in the lineup odds are high we are running the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk