Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2019-NFL-Draft-Discussion-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - t3r3e3 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They didn't want him there, they just traded down and then all the players they did want got taken...

...but those 6th rounders. Woo boy.

Hard to believe that all the guys they wanted went just before the pick when they took like 30 seconds to make the pick. If all the targets were gone you’d figure they would have either traded again or took longer to make a pick. Seems like a damage control kind of explanation.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: As Bill Pullian says, "If it is the guy you want, it isn't a reach.  There's no such thing as a reach."

Yes there is.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-26-2019

I hope the Bengals make some trades for round 3 and grab Adderley, Allen, maybe Butler. any two of those 3 would make me drink less often.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Joelist - 04-26-2019

Seems that it is not Sample the player people are upset about - it is taking him in the second when he would have been there in the third and when we have other gaping holes that have to be addressed.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Kingslayer - 04-26-2019

I think people are just mad because there's nothing flashy going on.

Bengals are improving the Oline. It's boring but necessary

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: Seems that it is not Sample the player people are upset about - it is taking him in the second when he would have been there in the third and when we have other gaping holes that have to be addressed.

But the biggest bytch to date is....We could have gotten Irv Smith

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Stewy - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:12 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yes there is.

*shrugs*  His point was that whenever someones says something is a reach, they know 20% of what the person making the pick knows.   So you, others like you and every analyst on TV can call it a reach, but the people in the FO know more than any of us what they are trying to do, thus be mad if you like, but I'm rolling with it, drinking some wine and not letting it ruin my evening.  

Be sure to take you BP medication....wouldn't want you getting over excited.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - BengalsRocker - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Oh God, not Roland name.  PTSD.  Roland was an OT converted to TE.  Sample has the same size and 40 time speed as Hockenson 4.71.  Roland 40 time was like 5.5.

Not so much as a TE but to pretty much to stay glued as a blocker like Roland.

This guy definitely looks like 3rd on the depth chart.

Not great for a pick they need to improve/replace starters and not a backup.

Unless he's helping the line.

I'm still scratching my head on the early Burfict release at LB.

Should've kept him though the draft.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - grampahol - 04-26-2019

Well, if Sample shines all season and really produces, catches 4-6 TDs or so OR opens up HUGE holes for the run game he'll have been worth the pick. I'll wait to see how he does at the pro level.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - t3r3e3 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I asked 3 times after we traded back, who did folks want that we "passed" on and I got crickets. Burt as soon as we select, everybody has an opinion. 

Another o lineman, a DT upgrade, a better safety to pair with Bates, a LB with cover skills, any of these options are better than a 3rd TE.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nately120 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It depends on the offense scheme.  

It seems to me like the Bengals had him rated as the 3rd best TE in the draft behind Hochenson, and Smith, Jr. the way they rushed to the podium.  Odd.  Fans will watch him closely in the preseason for sure.  I hope Zac Taylor knows what he is doing.  

I can see a guy who claims Bobby Hart is a great player to rush the podium to draft a 4th round TE in the 2nd.  It's like running to the Christmas tree to find a Turbo Grafix 16...or something.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - BURROWorBUST - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: Seems that it is not Sample the player people are upset about - it is taking him in the second when he would have been there in the third and when we have other gaping holes that have to be addressed.

Feels a little like drafting Dennis Roland in the 2nd round.  Smirk

We'll see.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - samhain - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But the biggest bytch to date is....We could have gotten Irv Smith

I could care less about Irv Smith.  

I care about major needs all over this roster and the Bengals selecting a guy with minimal production and a very limited skill set in the second round.  That's not a good reflection on whoever's running this draft room.  This roster is far from being good enough to take this kind of player with a pick of this value.  

Just bad.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Gamma Ray Tan - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Why the +? Because they didn’t run out of time?

Lol....at least it wasn’t a D-. Optimism!

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 09:58 PM)JumboTron Wrote: So whose to blame so far?  Taylor or Tobin?

I have to say Taylor.  But also, keep in mind, if this turns out to be a successful pick for the Bengals, Taylor should get the credit.  

Bengals have so many holes.  Taylor has a plan, and it seems they want to control games with pounding the rock to keep the defense off the field.  We may need a couple forum members to play backer this year.

So, if there are any forum players that has played at least some high school linebacker position please try to make team as walk-on. thanks.

Seriously, I think the backers they want they may take in round 3-4.  

(04-26-2019, 10:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'll hold of comments on Sample until I see the guy actually play in the pros. I can't tell you how many players have been really good that I never heard of before. Those grades to me are generally meaningless after the first 10 in the 1st unless they're 10>>1.. Anyway, going to defer to the coaching staff on this one and hope they know what they're doing.

You can't really evaluate a draft pick for about 5 years, so you're just going to have to keep your mouth shut until 2024.  Sorry.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Kingslayer - 04-26-2019

Defense better be the focus tomorrow

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - JumboTron - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: *shrugs*  His point was that whenever someones says something is a reach, they know 20% of what the person making the pick knows.   So you, others like you and every analyst on TV can call it a reach, but the people in the FO know more than any of us what they are trying to do, thus be mad if you like, but I'm rolling with it, drinking some wine and not letting it ruin my evening.  

Be sure to take you BP medication....wouldn't want you getting over excited.

Simply letting you know that what Bill "Pullian" said was incorrect.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Destro - 04-26-2019

1st round: Respectful, soft golf clap
2nd round: forceful head slap

(04-26-2019, 10:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Submit it to the NFL and maybe you can go in the second round... Nervous

I'm too busy whoring myself out to the CFL at the moment.