Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2019-NFL-Draft-Discussion-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - OSUfan - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 08:21 AM)yang Wrote: Final thoughts on the TE pick.  Things that add value when you evaluate the players and grade them are production and age because both strongly correlate with future success.    Junior Sample lacks both as he was unproductive in college and he is 23.  And you might knock the age but that just means you haven’t looked at it.  It’s why Will Grier is still on the board, he’s 24.   It means he probably doesn't have more room to grow.  At least a 21 year old with a lack of production has room to grow and get better.  With Sample he is what he is.  He will be a decent blocking TE that catches 15 balls a year.   He’s Kroft.   Players rarely outdo their college production.  He is a player you can get in the 4th round.  

It is such a Bengal move reaching for a want over taking talent.

Did you actually state that players RARELY outdo their college production? LMAO

a decent blocking TE? He received the highest blocking grade of any TE in the draft which brings us to your statement in another thread that they could have selected 25 players, including TEs, that could out block him. Would still like to see a list with half your number on it.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 10:00 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Like I said in another post/thread.

If he adds day one for dimensional blocking and a check-down option that would be a success.

Now if he gets loose downfield(it's shown he can do this on tape)every now and then or even be an option busted plays/PA fakes that's even better.

We don't know what we got until he shows it.

This team doesn't have a luxury to pick a 2nd rounder as depth or wait and see years from now if he'll pan out.

He needs to bring something immediately to the Bengals as a 2nd round pick.

No excuses.  He will be scrutinized and be subjected to criticism just for that fact.  Hope you understand this yes I get it. Do fans get a great blocking TE is a huge weapon? Do fans get it Gresham was rated much higher than Gronk, we took Gresham and Gronk was the far better option as we know now.

Our fans want the glamour guys, the sack guys and who cares they can't play run defense. The TE's that are WR's really like Eifert, then moan and complain when AD has 2 seconds to throw when Eifert can't block a DE and gets crushed. Pass blocking includes TE's and includes RB's being able to block.

I get it, Sample is not a shiny object, but a dull blade can still cut you.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - OSUfan - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 10:13 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our fans want the glamour guys, the sack guys and who cares they can't play run defense. The TE's that are WR's really like Eifert, then moan and complain when AD has 2 seconds to throw when Eifert can't block a DE and gets crushed. Pass blocking includes TE's and includes RB's being able to block.

I get it, Sample is not a shiny object, but a dull blade can still cut you.

A blade can be dull looking yet be extremely sharp. It is an unfortunate truth about a vast majority of fans and that is shiny object syndrome. A great defensive football game is described by this portion of a fanbase as boring. A pitchers dual is described by this same fan base as boring. No appreciation anymore for playing sound fundamental execution sports.

(04-27-2019, 10:45 AM)OSUfan Wrote: A blade can be dull looking yet be extremely sharp. It is an unfortunate truth about a vast majority of fans and that is shiny object syndrome. A great defensive football game is described by this portion of a fanbase as boring. A pitchers dual is described by this same fan base as boring. No appreciation anymore for playing sound fundamental execution sports.

^^^^^^^

Post of the year

I hate a lack of fundamentals in any sport. But, pro football has changed as fantasy football grew. More points given for offense than defense in fantasy so fans want 30 to 27 games versus 13-10 games

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Catmandude123 - 04-27-2019

In the immortal words of Mick Jagger "You can't always get what you want". The selection of Sample isn't what some of the fan base wanted but in the big picture he may turn out to be just "what we need". To voice your dissatification is normal but to harp on the subject for multiple posts when none of us have any idea how this will play out. TRUST IN ZAC is what I will do until he proves to be untrustworthy.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Mobster - 04-27-2019

(04-26-2019, 12:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No way he last until the 4th.

Really? Hilarious

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Mobster - 04-27-2019

Just laughing at message board draft guy who said we should make Mack Wilson in round 2 but pissed that we took a TE because they claim he'd be available in round 4

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 12:06 PM)Mobster Wrote: Just laughing at message board draft guy who said we should make Mack Wilson in round 2 but pissed that we took a TE because they claim he'd be available in round 4

Thanks for the explanation. We would have never been able to decipher your brilliant emoji post above.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - StoneTheCrow - 04-27-2019

I bitched last night. Hard. But we stink at blocking and got guys who can actually block with 2/3 of the first picks. I choked it down. Didn’t taste so terrible.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Bengalholic - 04-27-2019

Definitely interested in RB options today...maybe a Bryce Love, Bennie Snell or Justice Hill? 

Hakeem Butler is a very intriguing WR that's still available.

Burr-Kirven, Wilson, Joseph and Tranquill among solid options still on the board at LB.

I also like Hooker at S, and it'll be interesting to see which QB they'll pick up.

Lots of pretty good talent still available. Should be a fun day 3!

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Lionel Hutz - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 12:13 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I bitched last night. Hard. But we stink at blocking and got guys who can actually block with 2/3 of the first picks. I choked it down. Didn’t taste so terrible.

Yeah, me too. Still don’t like the pick, but I done bitching about it. Bengals got 10 chances today to make their team better.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 12:34 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Yeah, me too. Still don’t like the pick, but I done bitching about it. Bengals got 10 chances today to make their team better.

Hopefully less. They really need to trade some of those picks.

(04-27-2019, 12:34 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Yeah, me too. Still don’t like the pick, but I done bitching about it.  Bengals got 10 chances today to make their team better.

We got a new HC and coaching staff, then we say to change things to make them better. It is obvious 1st 2 picks were aimed at making a better offensive team starting on the trenches at OT and TE. I am no draft expert and I had never heard of him. But, now I know he was the number 1 TE blocking in college a year ago, I get the pick and understand where I think they are trying to go.

They had tons of great options, they Lock at QB for a possible QB of the future. They had WR's LB's of need. They have Irv Smith who has the name recognition just like Gresham had it over Gronk years ago.

I like the direction the offense is trying to go, improve the run blocking and run game and improve the pass blocking as well. The LB we anted slid to us in 3rd round also so it appears the Bengals are getting the guys they wanted thus far and now have 2 extra picks also.

(04-27-2019, 12:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Definitely interested in RB options today...maybe a Bryce Love, Bennie Snell or Justice Hill? 

Hakeem Butler is a very intriguing WR that's still available.

Burr-Kirven, Wilson, Joseph and Tranquill among solid options still on the board at LB.

I also like Hooker at S, and it'll be interesting to see which QB they'll pick up.

Lots of pretty good talent still available. Should be a fun day 3!

I liked Butler in round 3, would love him in round 4.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Okeana - 04-27-2019

don't sleep on julian love in round 4. guy is a good corner.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Millhouse - 04-27-2019

If they don't value Driskel to be the backup QB, then they should look to using one of their next 3 picks on one of the two or three QBs left worth taking. If they do value him, then don't. imo

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Au165 - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 12:57 PM)Okeana Wrote: don't sleep on julian love in round 4. guy is a good corner.

Agreed.

Dang, Butler gone

No surprise

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - PikesPeakUC - 04-27-2019

We moved up to the 104th pick.

RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Nately120 - 04-27-2019

These late round pick theatrics are awesomely bad.