Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Billy Price and Jonah Williams - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Billy Price and Jonah Williams (/Thread-Billy-Price-and-Jonah-Williams)

Pages: 1 2

Billy Price and Jonah Williams - NATI BENGALS - 04-25-2019

UH OH. The NFL better watch out. We are laying some serious foundation pieces on the OL. Back to back All American studs from powerhouse programs. My goodness. Things are looking up.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - Schmitbuck - 04-25-2019

Yep! Price was a legendary locker room guy at OSU and it sounds like Williams is going to be A+ in this area as well. I think we'll have some solid leadership on offense for the next 8-10 years if these guys can perform on the field.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - jj22 - 04-25-2019

A solid line takes precedence on everything. We learned that the last 4 years.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - kevin - 04-26-2019

(04-25-2019, 11:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: UH OH. The NFL better watch out. We are laying some serious foundation pieces on the OL. Back to back All American studs from powerhouse programs. My goodness. Things are looking up.

There will be Price Haters who will blast you, but I agree with you.  Price was injured all training camp and first 8 games of season as a rookie.  Bengals fans have not seen what a healthy Price can do yet.  Urban Meyer called him one of the best players he had at any school he coached. Price, this monster blocker from SEC Bama, and lets not forget the tackle from Buffalo Bills.  Plus others.  This team is getting blocking and I tell everybody that I saw the 1980's Bengals and the Super Bowls top notch blocking brings. The holes it opens for runners and the wide open passing game, and the D gets more sideline rest as Time Of Possession starts going to Bengals. 

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - NKURyan - 04-26-2019

Anybody's who has given up on Price at this point is a moron.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - Brownshoe - 04-26-2019

RG is the only glaring issue we have on this line right now IMO. If we have a dominant OL I see us having one of the best offenses in the league when healthy. Hopefully we can find a good LB next round.

(04-26-2019, 12:07 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Hopefully we can find a good LB next round.

Not sure if there's an LB worth taking there, so I say just go BPA. Maybe a CB or DE.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2019

Not sure we can afford to go BPA every round. We were a last place defense because of our LBers. We simply must improve the position if we want to have any chance.

(04-26-2019, 12:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure we can afford to go BPA every round. We were a last place defense because of our LBers. We simply must improve the position if we want to have any chance.

I mean I agree with you that we desperately need LBs, but I'm not sure there's an LB worth taking in the second round. Which sucks, because that would be the no-brainer choice if there was.

I know some people like Mack Wilson, but some don't and he'd have to be there anyways.

Looks like there will be a nice selection of corners, though, and with Dennard on a one year deal...

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - JSR18 - 04-26-2019

If there isn't a LB worth taking in RD 2, get ready for a QB.

Drew Lock....

(04-26-2019, 12:20 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Not sure if there's an LB worth taking there, so I say just go BPA. Maybe a CB or DE.

I would love to pick up Mack Wilson. I think he's a very good LB in coverage, and that's one place where we struggle. He's pretty decent against the run also.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - grampahol - 04-26-2019

Dehner of the Cincinnati dot is picking Campbell from OSU. Part of me likes the idea and part of me hates it. The like part says that AJ Green ain't getting any younger and Boyd ain't locked up long term yet and Ross has yet to show he really belongs in the lineup although I believe the book is still quite wide open for the young man, but still, adding another stud WR in the mix wouldn't hurt us and might be the weapon Andy needs when the others ain't cutting it.
The hate part? It's not really a position of need nearly as much as LB, but will there be anyone worth the 2nd round pick or not?
I've always had a soft spot for picking WR's early especially if he can come in and start immediately. The Bengals for better or worse don't seem to hit pay dirt on late WR picks to often. It happens once in awhile, but once in awhile means their contracts expire before we find another to take their place.
The short is I'm talking myself into liking picking Campbell in round 2 if he's still there and yes, I'm fully aware that many will say ABSOLUTELY NOT.
We'll see what they do tomorrow.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - CloeHokie - 04-26-2019

I loved the pick. We need a better OT and that fills a huge roll as well as we got our top pick at OT on our board. If anyone still wants a QB look out for Will Grier.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - BobJones4980 - 04-26-2019

Go Ford or Risner to play RG in 2 and fix the line, grab Mack Wilson or Pratt in 3, then hope a TE falls to 4.

(04-26-2019, 02:43 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Go Ford or Risner to play RG in 2 and fix the line, grab Mack Wilson or Pratt in 3, then hope a TE falls to 4.

If we get Ford in round 2 and Wilson in round 3 I'll probably go to 3 or 4 games this season, and that's saying a lot because I live in North Dakota lol.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - Aquapod770 - 04-26-2019

I know last time we did this it turned out horribly, but I wouldn't mind going Little in round 2 and doubling up on tackles.

Then take LBer with literally every pick we have left. Mellow

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - XenoMorph - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 09:07 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I know last time we did this it turned out horribly, but I wouldn't mind going Little in round 2 and doubling up on tackles.

Then take LBer with literally every pick we have left.  Mellow

With Glenn Hart and now Williams we might wait till latter rounds to grab another OT...    that can also play OG   for a solid depth piece.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2019

Unrelated to the Bengals, but I thought it was interesting that the Vikings drafted a Center after taking Elflein who was OSU's starting Center a couple years before.

Seems they are giving up on him as a Center pretty quickly.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - bengals67 - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Unrelated to the Bengals, but I thought it was interesting that the Vikings drafted a Center after taking Elflein who was OSU's starting Center a couple years before.

Seems they are giving up on him as a Center pretty quickly.

We need to draft another o lineman or lb if they grade out in round 2

Need to give Ross another year before investing a 1 or a 2 on WR.

If you really fix o line and Mixon runs for 100 yards every game, that will do wonders for the D and open things up for existing WRs or a good route runner we can get in fourth round.

RE: Billy Price and Jonah Williams - THE PISTONS - 04-26-2019

(04-26-2019, 10:51 AM)bengals67 Wrote: We need to draft another o lineman or lb if they grade out in round 2

Need to give Ross another year before investing a 1 or a 2 on WR.

If you really fix o line and Mixon runs for 100 yards every game, that will do wonders for the D and open things up for existing WRs or a good route runner we can get in fourth round.

My case for Metcalf would be that AJ Green is almost 31 and he gets banged up.

Could you imagine our offense with Mixon/Bernard at RB. Green, Boyd, Ross, and Metcalf at WR. Eifert at TE?

Outside of our Top 2 WR's last year, we got little production.