Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals (/Thread-Welcome-Renell-Wren-To-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2

Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - kevin - 04-27-2019

DT and D Line Help.

OT, TE, LB, QB, DT in first 4 Rounds.  More Picks Coming. NEW DEY

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - psychdoctor - 04-27-2019

Wren Destroyed Bradbury during 1 v 1 drills.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2019

What a freak athlete our new D-line coach has to work with, damn.

Love this Draft.

This guy is like 6'5" 318 pounds and runs a 5 forty flat....

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - Socal Bengals fan - 04-27-2019

Good size instincts suck

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - masonbengals fan - 04-27-2019

Big time potential.

(04-27-2019, 02:33 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Good size instincts suck

Actually he needs hands placement work.  I think this is fixable.  He needs like a swim move with his arm length, shouldn't be a problem.  

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - OSUfan - 04-27-2019

I really like this selection. Size, speed, strength, and length combination is elite. 5.01 40 at 6'5" 318 and 30 reps. If the staff can get this kid to recognize his potential and abilities then he could be the steal of the draft. Welcome to the team Renell and I have high hopes for your future.

(04-27-2019, 02:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Actually he needs hands placement work.  I think this is fixable.  He needs like a swim move with his arm length, shouldn't be a problem.  

No doubt this is what Wren needs to work on, his hand placement and develop some swim moves.

He has the length and the strength. Would be really fun being the D-line coach and getting a talent like this to work with.

This guy is already a good run stopper.

(04-27-2019, 02:37 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I really like this selection. Size, speed, strength, and length combination is elite. 5.01 40 at 6'5" 318 and 30 reps. If the staff can get this kid to recognize his potential and abilities then he could be the steal of the draft. Welcome to the team Renell and I have high hopes for your future.

Same here, i was kind of hoping we take another LB like Long here but i still love this pick.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - Beaker - 04-27-2019

I bet Geno can help him get better.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - fredtoast - 04-27-2019

DT is one of the least "instinctive" positions.  It is basically just taking care of a specific assignment instead of "read-and-react".

The knock on Wren was that he was an "underachiever".  There could be dozens of different reasons for that.

Geno Atkins was the 22nd pick of the fourth round.  Wren was the 23rd.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - Destro - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 02:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: I bet Geno can help him get better.

Something I was thinking. Strikes me as a kind of guy who would learn a lot from fellow players.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - tBengal - 04-27-2019

Love this pick. We’ve had some good selections in the fourth round.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - t3r3e3 - 04-27-2019

Great upside pick! Wren is hot and cold. If the team can get him to increase the effort this is a steal. If not, it’s not a draft killer. The Bengals D line group sans Geno is thoroughly replacement level talent. Wren adds some athletic ability into the mix, and should be able to give Geno some rest.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - BFritz21 - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What a freak athlete our new D-line coach has to work with, damn.

Love this Draft.

This guy is like 6'5" 318 pounds and runs a 5 forty flat....
Our defensive line suddenly looks sick!

You don't need many instincts at nose tackle, and he's a freak athlete, so, if our coaches can coach him up and take advantage of his body frame, we have a STEAL and our front four just became dominant with him lining up next to Geno!

I think Wren is the Bengals best sleeper pick at this point. I think he will be a beast next to Geno.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - The Real Deal - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 04:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Dude has a crazy first step with explosion and powerful hands.

Just needs to work on his hand placement and get a few moves.

Bottom line you cannot teach what this guy has physically.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - J24 - 04-27-2019

Not a huge fan of this pick he's a nose tackle but we need a 3T.

RE: Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals - The Real Deal - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 04:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Not a huge fan of this pick he's a nose tackle but we need a 3T.

Wren can play both Nose Tackle and 3-tech Jake.

(04-27-2019, 04:36 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Yes sir. When you have a crazy first step that is what makes a DT able to be a good one in the NFL. Cannot teach it, this is an instinct that is rare and seperates DT's. To have this along with his size, power, length and athleticism?

These are some awesome traits.