Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling (/Thread-Letter-Bengals-coach-Zac-Taylor-s-Draft-Day-apparel-appalling)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - WeezyBengal - 05-01-2019

This was a letter to the editor from the Enquirer:

The pictures of Bengal's new coach Zac Taylor sitting at the press table with the team's first pick, offensive tackle Jonah Williams, were telling – and not in a good way.

Young Williams was dressed professionally with a suit coat and tie, and Taylor chose an un-ironed, untucked plaid shirt for the occasion.

Williams looked every bit the coach and Taylor looked like a not-very-promising rookie.

The NFL Draft is a big deal, the players come with their entire families, dressed in their very best. What was Taylor thinking when he came out on that national stage? Couldn't he have grabbed a sports jacket and given a nod to the "I am a professional NFL coach" look?

I'm sorry, but if this sartorial gaffe is any indication of decisions to come, we may be in line for ever more disappointing Bengals news.

Grow up, Zac.

[Image: 27713754-4c6a-4448-88c4-c7c7f30fcf2a-042...&auto=webp]

What do you guys think?

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Stewy - 05-01-2019

I could care less how ZT dresses. I want to see how he performs.

Really this is what we are focusing on? Worry about football plz.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - ochocincos - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The pictures of Bengal's new coach Zac Taylor sitting at the press table with the team's first pick, offensive tackle Jonah Williams, were telling – and not in a good way.

Young Williams was dressed professionally with a suit coat and tie, and Taylor chose an un-ironed, untucked plaid shirt for the occasion.

Williams looked every bit the coach and Taylor looked like a not-very-promising rookie.

The NFL Draft is a big deal, the players come with their entire families, dressed in their very best. What was Taylor thinking when he came out on that national stage? Couldn't he have grabbed a sports jacket and given a nod to the "I am a professional NFL coach" look?

I'm sorry, but if this sartorial gaffe is any indication of decisions to come, we may be in line for ever more disappointing Bengals news.

Grow up, Zac.

What do you guys think? Its the first time I saw the picture and I think the person who wrote the letter somewhat has a point. I think they go to the very extreme with it, but I think they have a point none the less...

A lot of companies are changing their work attire to a more casual feel these days. Plus, this wasn't "a national stage," it was at Paul Brown Stadium. What someone wears does not dictate whether they can do their job or not.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - sandwedge - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The pictures of Bengal's new coach Zac Taylor sitting at the press table with the team's first pick, offensive tackle Jonah Williams, were telling – and not in a good way.

Grow up, Zac.

What do you guys think? Its the first time I saw the picture and I think the person who wrote the letter somewhat has a point. I think they go to the very extreme with it, but I think they have a point none the less...
Yeah, you can probably go ahead a mark down 6-7 losses this year because the coach doesn't know how to match his socks.... Lame

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - WeezyBengal - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 11:04 AM)Stewy Wrote: I could care less how ZT dresses.  I want to see how he performs.

Really this is what we are focusing on?  Worry about football plz.

To be fair, I like the shirt. I think I have the same one from Vineyard Vines.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - WeezyBengal - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 11:07 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, you can probably go ahead a mark down 6-7 losses this year because the coach doesn't know how to match his socks.... Lame

Hilarious

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - PhilHos - 05-01-2019

Grow up, Zac.

Does Bill Belichick ever wear a suit? How have his decisions been since being named the head coach of the New England Patriots?

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Truck_1_0_1_ - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This was a letter to the editor from the Enquirer:

The pictures of Bengal's new coach Zac Taylor sitting at the press table with the team's first pick, offensive tackle Jonah Williams, were telling – and not in a good way.

Grow up, Zac.

What do you guys think?

Can't tell if serious...

(05-01-2019, 11:11 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Does Bill Belichick ever wear a suit? How have his decisions been since being named the head coach of the New England Patriots?

In my opinion I actually think the new apparel is trend setting and will propel us to at least 3 extra wins. If Belichick is getting 10+ wins wearing a ripped up hoodie ZT is getting at least that many wins wearing an American Eagle button up on the sidelines. 

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - psychdoctor - 05-01-2019

Welcome to Generation Z accommodations. Get use to it.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Nicomo Cosca - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 11:11 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Does Bill Belichick ever wear a suit? How have his decisions been since being named the head coach of the New England Patriots?

Was just going to say this. He was literally in s hoodie and shorts during the draft lol

https://youtu.be/FaHzUOq3dR8

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Au165 - 05-01-2019

For a fan base always mad Mike Brown won't get with the times...this is awesome. Did the guy also tell him to stay off his lawn?

(05-01-2019, 11:16 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Welcome to Generation Z accommodations.  Get use to it.

It was actually prob a baby boomer who wrote that letter.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Aquapod770 - 05-01-2019

Untucked Plaid shirt with tan jeans is my go-to business casual. Makes me like ZT even more.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - BonnieBengal - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This was a letter to the editor from the Enquirer:

Grow up, Zac.

What do you guys think?
Did Marvin wear a suit when the guys came to visit the stadium last year? Can’t remember, but it obviously didn’t affect the season in a positive way.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - KillerGoose - 05-01-2019

Funny enough, BB dresses the way he does because the NFL wouldn’t let him wear a suit on the sidelines. However the point still stands, it doesn’t matter what you wear.

I don’t give a damn if Taylor was wearing a plaid shirt, T-shirt whatever. If he’s a good coach, he’s a good coach. We will see in a few months.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Pat5775 - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 11:35 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Did Marvin wear a suit when the guys came to visit the stadium last year? Can’t remember, but it obviously didn’t affect the season in a positive way.

I can’t recall Marvin ever wearing a suit. I think he always wore one of 50 Bengal hoodies/jackets every time he took the podium.

And anyway, who cares!? It’s not like Zac was wearing a stained GAP t-shirt with rips and tears all over it. The oversensitive crybaby who wrote that letter really needs to get a grip Whatever

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Yojimbo - 05-01-2019

Somebody has a very small, sad life if this is what they spend their time concerned with.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Synric - 05-01-2019

I own a shirt just like that one and look good in it.

RE: Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling - Au165 - 05-01-2019

(05-01-2019, 11:54 AM)Synric Wrote: I own a shirt just like that one and look good in it.

debatable