Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Going back to the sea.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Going back to the sea.... (/Thread-Going-back-to-the-sea)

Going back to the sea.... - sandwedge - 05-14-2019

I just got a call from a friend, that told me they had a spot on the charter for another person. I accepted and will be leaving in the morning. I haven't been out in open sea for about 15 years and now starting to think I will probably have deal with with the worst thing a person can go through, sea sickness........ Any old salt on here knows exactly what I am talking about! On top of that, the weather isn't going to be all that great either. Hilarious

RE: Going back to the sea.... - HarleyDog - 05-14-2019

(05-14-2019, 12:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just got a call from a friend, that told me they had a spot on the charter for another person. I accepted and will be leaving in the morning. I haven't been out in open sea for about 15 years and now starting to think I will probably have deal with with the worst thing a person can go through, sea sickness........ Any old salt on here knows exactly what I am talking about! On top of that, the weather isn't going to be all that great either.  Hilarious

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Going back to the sea.... - sandwedge - 05-15-2019

It got cancelled due to the weather.... That sucks!

RE: Going back to the sea.... - XenoMorph - 05-15-2019

made me think of

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/224099/im-going-home

RE: Going back to the sea.... - Nebuchadnezzar - 05-15-2019

Alls I know is that the bass are done spawning for over a week now and they are hungry. Just in the past 7 days I've caught 28 Largemouth ranging from 8 to 15 inches and up to 3 lbs.

RE: Going back to the sea.... - fredtoast - 05-16-2019

(05-14-2019, 12:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just got a call from a friend, that told me they had a spot on the charter for another person. I accepted and will be leaving in the morning. I haven't been out in open sea for about 15 years and now starting to think I will probably have deal with with the worst thing a person can go through, sea sickness........ Any old salt on here knows exactly what I am talking about! On top of that, the weather isn't going to be all that great either.  Hilarious

Just recreational, right? Not commercial.

Where you going and what you going after?

RE: Going back to the sea.... - sandwedge - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just recreational, right? Not commercial.

Where you going and what you going after?

It will be just a day charter. Striped bass and lean cod, I believe is what they planned on. Leaving out of Ilwaco, Wa. 

RE: Going back to the sea.... - fredtoast - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 02:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Striped bass 

The ones that live in both fresh and salt water?

RE: Going back to the sea.... - sandwedge - 05-17-2019

(05-16-2019, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The ones that live in both fresh and salt water?

I have know idea

RE: Going back to the sea.... - fredtoast - 05-17-2019

(05-17-2019, 11:35 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have know idea

Looked it up, and they are.

They are stocked in some fresh water lakes here in Tennessee.  Lots of people here call them "rock fish".  They get huge.

RE: Going back to the sea.... - Truck_1_0_1_ - 05-20-2019

A charter for stripers?

Meh, I'd only charter something I'm into, billfish or tuna or something.

RE: Going back to the sea.... - XenoMorph - 05-23-2019

(05-17-2019, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looked it up, and they are.

They are stocked in some fresh water lakes here in Tennessee.  Lots of people here call them "rock fish".  They get huge.

I thought rock fish was when your hook got stuck on a rock lol

Like Tree Bass

RE: Going back to the sea.... - grampahol - 05-26-2019

All I know about the sea is my time in the Navy when I served powdered eggs for your freedom.. and washed a lot of dishes for your freedom.. and did a LOT of "Yeah" pushups.. Anchors aweigh! And whenever I see hair care products labeled with ocean breeze, sea scented, etc., it makes me wonder if people really like their hair smelling of dead fish..