Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed (/Thread-Jonah-and-Sample-Have-been-Signed)

Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - Truck_1_0_1_ - 05-16-2019

Details to follow!

EDIT: Details below

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-first-round-pick-jonah-williams-second-round-pick-drew-sample

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - SunsetBengal - 05-16-2019

Great news! Looks like it's going to be a holdout free season for the Bengals.

Edit: I was scrolling through the pictures at the end of the article. I never realized what a frail little guy that Hobson is.

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - HarleyDog - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 03:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Edit: I was scrolling through the pictures at the end of the article. I never realized what a frail little guy that Hobson is.

Looks like a combination of DJ Qualls and a skinny Nicholas Cage on meth. Mellow

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - pally - 05-16-2019

I would expect Finley and Pratt to sign their contracts within a couple of days

Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - BenZoo2 - 05-16-2019

Love this aspect of the cba. Very few rookie holdouts league wide and those few are based mostly on offset language and not dollar amount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - 804 fan - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 03:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks like a combination of DJ Qualls and a skinny Nicholas Cage on meth. Mellow
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - XenoMorph - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 03:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great news!  Looks like it's going to be a holdout free season for the Bengals.

Edit:  I was scrolling through the pictures at the end of the article.  I never realized what a frail little guy that Hobson is.

who was our last hold out draft pick?

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - BFritz21 - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 04:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Love this aspect of the cba.  Very few rookie holdouts league wide and those few are based mostly on offset language and not dollar amount

The rookie wage scale was long overdue and only made sense since guys drafted in the upper half of the first round were being paid way more than most vets without playing a snap.

I'm just pumped to get these guys in here and excited to let the coaches start to work with them and polish their game!

I'm excited for this season!

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - SunsetBengal - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 06:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: who was our last hold out draft pick?

Come to think of it, I guess it has been a while.  Andre Smith is the most recent that I can think of.

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - Nebuchadnezzar - 05-16-2019

I think it was Andre Smith

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - XenoMorph - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 06:58 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think it was Andre Smith

Ahhhh.. Andre Smith... who could have forgotten him.  (didn't he break his foot that year in camp)  yep 2 days after ending that holdout..

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - Sled21 - 05-16-2019

There are no holdouts anymore. The one's that don't sign right away are trying to get certain language in the contract, but the numbers are already set. For instance, Mariotta argued about being allowed to surf. No one is going to miss their first training camp over surfing....

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - jason - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 07:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: There are no holdouts anymore. The one's that don't sign right away are trying to get certain language in the contract, but the numbers are already set. For instance, Mariotta argued about being allowed to surf. No one is going to miss their first training camp over surfing....

Joey Bosa missed his because his umbilical cord is still attached or something. It's didn't seem to matter. He hit the ground running.

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - CJD - 05-17-2019

The new rookie contract structure really takes the drama out of signing your first round pick XD.

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - Hoofhearted - 05-17-2019

Wanna say Willis did for a bit as well

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - Hoofhearted - 05-17-2019

(05-16-2019, 04:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Love this aspect of the cba.  Very few rookie holdouts league wide and those few are based mostly on offset language and not dollar amount

Yeah, and the all the "clauses" they have in their contracts. 

RE: Jonah and Sample Have been Signed - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-17-2019

(05-16-2019, 03:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks like a combination of DJ Qualls and a skinny Nicholas Cage on meth. Mellow

LMAO!!!

This is why you are definately the funniest poster Harley lol

BTW, love these first two picks. Blocking statement is what they are, we are here to block.