Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ saying he wants to be here... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ saying he wants to be here... (/Thread-AJ-saying-he-wants-to-be-here)

AJ saying he wants to be here... - SHRacerX - 06-10-2019

From PFT.com:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/09/a-j-green-i-canat-see-myself-playing-anywhere-else/#comments

Not much to see here, but I like to read it anyways....

RE: AJ saying he wants to be here... - HarleyDog - 06-10-2019

He will remain here and the team will treat him right if he stays healthy. That’s my hope anyway.

RE: AJ saying he wants to be here... - NATI BENGALS - 06-12-2019

I want AJ to be here too. But the foot worries me. Im not a professional doctor. But something tells me debilitating foot injuries are bad for NFL WRs.

If it is something that can be overcome i have no doubt AJ will be the guy to do that and put in any necessary work.

We are in a tough spot. Was Boyd for real last year? If so he needs to get extended. We wont know until he does it again though. Is the toe in the past for AJ? We wont know until he proves it.

AJ doing individual drills is a great sign.

Hopefully we win and have some tough decisions to make. What if Vigil leads the league/team in tackles? What if Dalton has a career year? Dennard? WJ3? We can only hand out so many giant contracts

RE: AJ saying he wants to be here... - pally - 06-12-2019

(06-12-2019, 08:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I want AJ to be here too. But the foot worries me. Im not a professional doctor. But something tells me debilitating foot injuries are bad for NFL WRs.

If it is something that can be overcome i have no doubt AJ will be the guy to do that and put in any necessary work.

We are in a tough spot. Was Boyd for real last year? If so he needs to get extended. We wont know until he does it again though. Is the toe in the past for AJ? We wont know until he proves it.

Hopefully we win and have some tough decisions to make. What if Vigil leads the league/team in tackles? What if Dalton has a career year? Dennard? WJ3? We can only hand out so many giant contracts

As long as he heals well from the surgery he should have no more issues with the foot.  A torn ligament isn't a chronic problem.

RE: AJ saying he wants to be here... - bengalfan74 - 06-12-2019

I would love nothing more than to see AJ stay healthy and finish his career here..... with some playoff success.

RE: AJ saying he wants to be here... - SunsetBengal - 06-12-2019

(06-12-2019, 08:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I want AJ to be here too. But the foot worries me. Im not a professional doctor. But something tells me debilitating foot injuries are bad for NFL WRs.

With any luck, the new offense should take some pressure off of AJ to have to be the go to man, on every down.  I'd like to think that spreading the ball around could only extend AJ's playing days.  Personally, I'd be much happier with AJ getting 60-70 catches with good endings, as opposed to 30-40 more with crushing results.

RE: AJ saying he wants to be here... - SHRacerX - 06-13-2019

(06-12-2019, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With any luck, the new offense should take some pressure off of AJ to have to be the go to man, on every down.  I'd like to think that spreading the ball around could only extend AJ's playing days.  Personally, I'd be much happier with AJ getting 60-70 catches with good endings, as opposed to 30-40 more with crushing results.

Dead on, Sunset.  And shouldn't this be the case anyways if we are not "force-feeding" AJ the ball when he is in double coverage?  I know he is "always open", but if you look back at the high-powered Colt's offenses under Manning, I don't remember feeling like Marvin Harrison was force-fed the ball.  It was always a mix of TEs, Reggie Wayne, Harrison, and Faulk/James getting a lot of targets out of the backfield.  And those Indy teams didn't have the run-pass balance I think we will see out of ZTs club this year.

If everything is going well, we will see all 3 TEs get targets (Sample, Uzo, and Eifert), the main WRs (Ross, Boyd, AJ, and Erickson), and a stable of backs (Gio, Joe, and the two rookies).  The less they rely on just AJ Green in the receiving game and the more they attack the other team's lesser defenders, the better off the overall offense will be.  

Look no further than Andy's interception's while targeting AJ.  I think that is a product of force-feeding him the ball.  Take some deep shots with him on play-action.  Move him around (he was excellent when in motion or out of the slot...I'm sure ZT knows that) and use ALL your weapons and watch this offense soar.