Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Presidential Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 2020 Presidential Election (/Thread-2020-Presidential-Election)

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 05-01-2020

(04-30-2020, 11:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.axios.com/mcconnell-biden-sexual-assault-allegation-631f8ace-cc5b-4ebd-9fb3-67115b77e6d4.html

Someone on Fox asked McConnell if the University of Delaware with “many of [Biden’s] friends” on board should release Biden’s Senate papers to shed light on the allegations.

Thanks. The link seems to support my assertion. Anchor asked Mitch should records be released and Mitch didn't even say yes. He simply said Joe shouldn't be surprised if asked to 

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 05-01-2020

(05-01-2020, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks. The link seems to support my assertion. Anchor asked Mitch should records be released and Mitch didn't even say yes. He simply said Joe shouldn't be surprised if asked to 

And he said:

"I can't imagine that Vice President Biden is not going to have to participate in releasing all of the information related to the allegations," McConnell said on Fox when asked if he believed Biden should release those records.

Like Trump's taxes. Or his "divesting" from his business. lol.

But I get it...the right wants to attack Biden over the allegation because Kavanaugh got attacked over an allegation and both had never really been vetted before...hey...wait a minute!

All seriousness aside it should be treated fairly but it won't be because Trump supporters suddenly care about sexual misconduct allegations.  It's no longer just "locker room talk" and "fake news" and whatever else.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BigPapaKain - 05-01-2020

(05-01-2020, 01:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: All seriousness aside it should be treated fairly but it won't be because Trump supporters suddenly care about sexual misconduct allegations.  It's no longer just "locker room talk" and "fake news" and whatever else.

These are the same people who were shitting on Clinton's marital infidelity out of one side of their mouth while making excuses for Trump's out the other. They've been successfully gaslit by the cult of personality instead of remembering that these politicians - despite their delusions of grandeur - serve us, not the other way around.

If some of the shit these politicians say doesn't shake you to your core, you're not paying enough attention.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BmorePat87 - 05-01-2020

(05-01-2020, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks. The link seems to support my assertion. Anchor asked Mitch should records be released and Mitch didn't even say yes. He simply said Joe shouldn't be surprised if asked to 

The not being surprised part was in reference to everything in Biden's life being brought up. He said that he can't imagine that Biden wouldn't have to be involved in releasing all of the information related to the allegations.

(05-01-2020, 01:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: And he said:

"I can't imagine that Vice President Biden is not going to have to participate in releasing all of the information related to the allegations," McConnell said on Fox when asked if he believed Biden should release those records.

Like Trump's taxes.  Or his "divesting" from his business.  lol.

But I get it...the right wants to attack Biden over the allegation because Kavanaugh got attacked over an allegation and both had never really been vetted before...hey...wait a minute!

All seriousness aside it should be treated fairly but it won't be because Trump supporters suddenly care about sexual misconduct allegations.  It's no longer just "locker room talk" and "fake news" and whatever else.
And the Left suddenly doesn't care. I know we like to consider "our side" superior, but let's not act like one side has a monopoly on hypocrisy.
I shared the link about Hills endorsing Joe during a women's forum amid sexual allegations charges and not one word about it until Pat could find a link attempting to make Mitch look bad in the situation and  "but Trump" and the more Liberal in this forum gleefully piled on.  Is that "treated fairly" or is that the "whataboutisim" we don't like?

(05-01-2020, 10:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And the Left suddenly doesn't care. I know we like to consider "our side" superior, but let's not act like one side has a monopoly on hypocrisy.
I shared the link about Hills endorsing Joe during a women's forum amid sexual allegations charges and not one word about it until Pat could find a link attempting to make Mitch look bad in the situation and  "but Trump" and the more Liberal in this forum gleefully piled on.  Is that "treated fairly" or is that the "whataboutisim" we don't like?

The left does care.  Even Biden said do an investigation.  The right just wants a conviction before the investigation.  Or, like Trump, they demand an investigation no matter what so they can accuse the other person.  That's why DJT wanted for Hunter Biden in exchange for military aid.

Both sides can be hypocritical on different issues.  This isn't one of them, IMHO.  All Trump supporters have to shut up about it.  

Just like if Biden said he wasn't going to release his taxes.  Or about his kids getting good jobs because of their names.  Trump supporters don't have a leg to stand on.

(05-01-2020, 10:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The not being surprised part was in reference to everything in Biden's life being brought up. He said that he can't imagine that Biden wouldn't have to be involved in releasing all of the information related to the allegations.

Yes Pat but if we're going to use ALL of the things Mitch then we can't defend singular positions based on one line of what he said.  Lalala

(05-01-2020, 11:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: The left does care.  Even Biden said do an investigation.  The right just wants a conviction before the investigation.  Or, like Trump, they demand an investigation no matter what so they can accuse the other person.  That's why DJT wanted for Hunter Biden in exchange for military aid.

Both sides can be hypocritical on different issues.  This isn't one of them, IMHO.  All Trump supporters have to shut up about it.  

Just like if Biden said he wasn't going to release his taxes.  Or about his kids getting good jobs because of their names.  Trump supporters don't have a leg to stand on.

If you think the Left (both Nationally and in this Forum) are reacting similarly to the claims against Biden as they did to the claims against Kavs/Trump; then as usual we disagree.

I'd like to think I view them the same. I consider all parties innocent until proven guilty; of course, I've been told that's not always the best stance. 

(05-01-2020, 01:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you think the Left (both Nationally and in this Forum) are reacting similarly to the claims against Biden as they did to the claims against Kavs/Trump; then as usual we disagree.

I'd like to think I view them the same. I consider all parties innocent until proven guilty; of course, I've been told that's not always the best stance. 

Yeah, no.  If you "think" you can assume some kind of moral high ground or fairness over me on this I gonna call BS and move along.  I've been here long enough and made my views on these things from Clinton to Kavanaugh known to know better than that.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Nately120 - 05-01-2020

I'll give Biden the nod on the assumption that if he doesn't win he isn't going to tell the people who voted for him to arm themselves and storm the capital.

(05-01-2020, 01:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, no.  If you "think" you can assume some kind of moral high ground or fairness over me on this I gonna call BS and move along.  I've been here long enough and made my views on these things from Clinton to Kavanaugh known to know better than that.

So you do see the Kavs and Biden accusations the same pre-hearing? Great to hear. I know I do.  

(05-01-2020, 02:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll give Biden the nod on the assumption that if he doesn't win he isn't going to tell the people who voted for him to arm themselves and storm the capital.

Of course not. He's a democrat. They're not big on the citizenry arming themselves. 

He might tell them to put on their Birkenstocks and report to the nearest crying center for hugs. 

(05-01-2020, 04:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course not. He's a democrat. They're not big on the citizenry arming themselves. 

He might tell them to put on their Birkenstocks and report to the nearest crying center for hugs. 

Except that wasn’t really a joke as Trump literally tweeted the day after Obama won reelection that “we need a revolution”, “ Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice!”, and “We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!“

This was after claiming Obama lost the popular vote by a lot and that the Electoral College was “phony” and the election “a sham”.

(05-01-2020, 04:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Except that wasn’t really a joke as Trump literally tweeted the day after Obama won reelection that “we need a revolution”, “ Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice!”, and “We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!“

This was after claiming Obama lost the popular vote by a lot and that the Electoral College was “phony” and the election “a sham”.

Trump also talked about the 2016 election being rigged against him and that citizens should exercise 2A rights when they didn't like the results...and that was before he won.  Seems like a safe bet if he loses in 2020 he's going to really double down on the calls of fraud, injustice and revolt. 

I just can't imagine him not having an absolute meltdown and whipping people up into a legitimate frenzy if he doesn't win. 

(05-01-2020, 04:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Except that wasn’t really a joke as Trump literally tweeted the day after Obama won reelection that “we need a revolution”, “ Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice!”, and “We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!“

Well the crying centers and free hugs really weren't a joke either. 

(05-01-2020, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump also talked about the 2016 election being rigged against him and that citizens should exercise 2A rights when they didn't like the results...and that was before he won.  Seems like a safe bet if he loses in 2020 he's going to really double down on the calls of fraud, injustice and revolt. 

I just can't imagine him not having an absolute meltdown and whipping people up into a legitimate frenzy if he doesn't win. 

I've heard in this very forum that's what makes you a Patriot. 

As to him losing......2funny. 

But any calls for violence should not be tolerated.

(05-01-2020, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've heard in this very forum that's what makes you a Patriot. 

As to him losing......2funny. 

But any calls for violence should not be tolerated.

I said if he loses. But it's a moot point because calls for violence will continue to be celebrated if not simply tolerated.

It's the world we deserve.  So it goes. 

(05-01-2020, 05:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I said if he loses. But it's a moot point because calls for violence will continue to be celebrated if not simply tolerated.

Trump tweeted that the masked, armed men were good people.  And the governor should meet with them.

Because that is what President "I'd run into a building to stop a shooter" Trump does.

Oh wait, he calls people out on Twitter where he can hide and act tough.   Smirk

(05-01-2020, 05:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I said if he loses. But it's a moot point because calls for violence will continue to be celebrated if not simply tolerated.

As I said: Calls for violence should not be tolerated

(05-01-2020, 05:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well the crying centers and free hugs really weren't a joke either. 

Are tax payer funded hugs actually "free"?