Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Presidential Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 2020 Presidential Election (/Thread-2020-Presidential-Election)

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - hollodero - 05-27-2020

(05-26-2020, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now the simpleton will view that as a "Trump Defense", but Trump was not wrong to share it

I think it is quite wrong for a president to share things like that, even disregarding the hurt that brings to the family. These are unfounded suspicions, after all. It simply is no business of his to share such unfounded accusations in the first place, no matter how wrong the target may have behaved several years back about the same issue.

He should also not say "his wacky future ex-wife" or "nut job" or imply that "law enforcement eventually will...?" ask some obvious questions about that. This seems to be public slander.

Ah, if Scarborough only had called Melania "Trump's future ex-wife", there would be such an outcry! Trump does it, it just disappears in an ocean of wrong.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 05-27-2020

(05-26-2020, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Should I change it to "Trump" "honor" and "does"?

BLUF: If the widower asks him to stop, he should. But Scarbourough's wife should be the last person to feign outrage over this. Her husband joked (hopefully) about the intern's death on National Media.

Now the simpleton will view that as a "Trump Defense", but Trump was not wrong to share it, but once the widower asked him to stop, he should and apologize to him.  

Saying Trump was not wrong to claim Scarborough should be investigated for possibly murdering her?   Hilarious

Joe's wife has every right to be upset about her husband being dragged through the Trump Defense Gang's machine AND she can be mad about something he *might* have said 17 years ago.  Most people (who aren't "simpletons") can think about two things at once and not use one to defend Trump.  For anyone with even a shred of decency it wouldn't take the widowers letter to make them backoff.  And to be clear Trump did not back off...he just claimed "they" said it and he was simply repeating it.

How hard would it have been fro his defenders to just say: "That is awful.  He should apologize or delete the tweets himself and never speak of it again."  Instead of, you know, saying Joe's wife shouldn't be the one leading the charge against Trump because Joe might have said something once.

Hell, Twitter didn't even factcheck THAT post.  They just apologized for not taking it down.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 05-27-2020

(05-27-2020, 04:21 AM)hollodero Wrote: I think it is quite wrong for a president to share things like that, even disregarding the hurt that brings to the family. These are unfounded suspicions, after all. It simply is no business of his to share such unfounded accusations in the first place, no matter how wrong the target may have behaved several years back about the same issue.

He should also not say "his wacky future ex-wife" or "nut job" or imply that "law enforcement eventually will...?" ask some obvious questions about that. This seems to be public slander.

Ah, if Scarborough only had called Melania "Trump's future ex-wife", there would be such an outcry! Trump does it, it just disappears in an ocean of wrong.

(05-27-2020, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Saying Trump was not wrong to claim Scarborough should be investigated for possibly murdering her?   Hilarious

Joe's wife has every right to be upset about her husband being dragged through the Trump Defense Gang's machine AND she can be mad about something he *might* have said 17 years ago.  Most people (who aren't "simpletons") can think about two things at once and not use one to defend Trump.  For anyone with even a shred of decency it wouldn't take the widowers letter to make them backoff.  And to be clear Trump did not back off...he just claimed "they" said it and he was simply repeating it.

How hard would it have been fro his defenders to just say: "That is awful.  He should apologize or delete the tweets himself and never speak of it again."  Instead of, you know, saying Joe's wife shouldn't be the one leading the charge against Trump because Joe might have said something once.

Hell, Twitter didn't even factcheck THAT post.  They just apologized for not taking it down.

Neither one of you knew how the widower was going to respond about Trump bringing back to light the circumstances of his wife's death. For all anyone knew he might have been happy that Trump brought back to light the vile comments Scarborough might have said did say on National Radio about the deceased. 

It is why I said ONCE it was made known that the widower did not appreciate the comments,Trump should apologize to the man. 

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-27-2020

(05-26-2020, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Should I change it to "Trump" "honor" and "does"?

BLUF: If the widower asks him to stop, he should. But Scarbourough's wife should be the last person to feign outrage over this. Her husband joked (hopefully) about the intern's death on National Media.

Now the simpleton will view that as a "Trump Defense", but Trump was not wrong to share it, but once the widower asked him to stop, he should and apologize to him.  

Trump wasn't wrong to publicly spread false allegations of murder?

That's one helluva a non-defense defense. Especially considering Trump is a Christian and the whole thing about not bearing false witness and the do unto others schtick.

(05-27-2020, 10:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Neither one of you knew how the widower was going to respond about Trump bringing back to light the circumstances of his wife's death. For all anyone knew he might have been happy that Trump brought back to light the vile comments Scarborough might have said did say on National Radio about the deceased. 

It is why I said ONCE it was made known that the widower did not appreciate the comments,Trump should apologize to the man. 

Wrong.

Decent, moral people would know to not make those comments no matter if they knew the widower or not.  You are implying that you are fine with Trump making wild, unsubstantiated accusations as long as no immediate family members write and ask him not to.  And Trump didn't bring to light what Scarbrough said 17 years ago...he simply accused him of murder.

"not defending Trump"...indeed.

(05-27-2020, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Wrong.

Decent, moral people would know to not make those comments no matter if they knew the widower or not.  You are implying that you are fine with Trump making wild, unsubstantiated accusations as long as no immediate family members write and ask him not to.  And Trump didn't bring to light what Scarbrough said 17 years ago...he simply accused him of murder.

Sure thing.

(05-27-2020, 10:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Neither one of you knew how the widower was going to respond about Trump bringing back to light the circumstances of his wife's death. For all anyone knew he might have been happy that Trump brought back to light the vile comments Scarborough might have said did say on National Radio about the deceased. 

(05-27-2020, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Wrong.

(05-27-2020, 10:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote:
Sure thing.

And that about sums up your average defense of Trump.  He should say any vile thing he wants until someone directly connected to it says something and then, and only then, should DJT "apologize" (he didn't). 

Again, glad you are "not defending him" because that would an awful look. Mellow

Again. I think it is wrong to spread unfounded murder allegiations, regardless of the additional aspect that it brings hurt to the family. Especially for a president. It really is amazing how this is controversial.

Not that it matters too much now, since Trump did double down on his allegaqtions anyways. So at least now I suppose we can agree that Trump should not tweet about murder conspiracies. As sad as it is that we cannot reach that conclusion in the first place, without regariding the widower's take.

(05-27-2020, 12:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: And that about sums up your average defense of Trump.  He should say any vile thing he wants until someone directly connected to it says something and then, and only then, should DJT "apologize" (he didn't). 

Again, glad you are "not defending him" because that would an awful look. Mellow

Unsure in what twisted world saying he should apologize to the widower is "defending" him.  

(05-27-2020, 12:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: Again. I think it is wrong to spread unfounded murder allegiations, regardless of the additional aspect that it brings hurt to the family. Especially for a president. It really is amazing how this is controversial.

Not that it matters too much now, since Trump did double down on his allegaqtions anyways. So at least now I suppose we can agree that Trump should not tweet about murder conspiracies. As sad as it is that we cannot reach that conclusion in the first place, without regariding the widower's take.

As i said in my defense of him: He should apologize to the widower. As to tweeting about "unfounded murder allegations". Sure he shouldn't, but Scarbourough's comments with Imas leave it open. If someone said something about the death of my wife as vile as Scarbourough I'm not sure how mad I'd be that a sitting President would bring it up, but obviously the widower is and Trump should apologize.

At least say he shouldn't have been so caviler. I've heard that makes it all better

(05-27-2020, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure in what twisted world saying he should apologize to the widower is "defending" him.  

Mellow

(05-27-2020, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As i said in my defense of him: He should apologize to the widower. As to tweeting about "unfounded murder allegations". Sure he shouldn't, but Scarbourough's comments with Imas leave it open. If someone said something about the death of my wife as vile as Scarbourough I'm not sure how mad I'd be that a sitting President would bring it up, but obviously the widower is and Trump should apologize.

At least say he shouldn't have been so caviler. I've heard that makes it all better

Nothing Scarborough said should be used to justify what Trump did. 

Quit defending him with "he should apologize...but...." and we'll stop saying you're defending him.

(05-27-2020, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure he shouldn't

Well, that's actually all there is to it, isn't it. He shouldn't. Full stop. All the other stuff really does not matter much.

(05-27-2020, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure in what twisted world saying he should apologize to the widower is "defending" him.  

Claiming Trump wasn’t wrong to publicly, repeatedly, and falsely suggest someone was guilty of murder is where you defended Trump’s action. But, you already know this. It’s all a part of your Stephen A. Smith song and dance routine.

But, hey, points to Trump for being so courageous enough to lie about another person, again, by name. Right? He should probably award himself the Presidential Medal of Freedom for such bravery.

(05-27-2020, 01:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Nothing Scarborough said should be used to justify what Trump did. 

Quit defending him with "he should apologize...but...." and we'll stop saying you're defending him.

(05-27-2020, 03:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Claiming Trump wasn’t wrong to publicly, repeatedly, and falsely suggest someone was guilty of murder is where you defended Trump’s action. But, you already know this. It’s all a part of your Stephen A. Smith song and dance routine.

But, hey, points to Trump for being so courageous enough to lie about another person, again, by name.  Right?  He should probably award himself the Presidential Medal of Freedom for such bravery.

The shit with the 2 of you gets old. I've clearly said Trump should apologize So I have 0 idea how Breech pulls "repeatedly" out of his ass. The only reason I brought up Scarborough was because of his wife's feigned outrage over what folks say in media. I further used Scarborough's vile comments to illustrate how I may have reacted as a husband. While she's a member of the media and given what her husband said about the incident on National Radio.

You continue to try and argue points not made because you are unable to argue the actual points. Good luck discussing it further with yourselves. 

(05-27-2020, 03:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The shit with the 2 of you gets old. I've clearly said Trump should apologize So I have 0 idea how Breech pulls "repeatedly" out of his ass. The only reason I brought up Scarborough was because of his wife's feigned outrage over what folks say in media. I further used Scarborough's vile comments to illustrate how I may have reacted as a husband. While she's a member of the media and given what her husband said about the incident on National Radio.

Because Trump has repeatedly spread this lie in multiple tweets over the course of time.

You seem to know your way around a dictionary.  Figure it out.

The "only reason" you brought up Scarborough was because of his wife?  You are aware Scarborough is the target of Trump's lies?  LMFAO

Yeah, this shit does get old.

Quote:You continue to try and argue points not made because you are unable to argue the actual points. Good luck discussing it further with yourselves.

(05-26-2020, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: but Trump was not wrong to share it

Yep, you clearly made the point I was arguing. Buh bye.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - fredtoast - 05-28-2020

(05-27-2020, 03:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The shit with the 2 of you gets old. I've clearly said Trump should apologize

Actually you said there was nothing wrong with making false accusations of murder, and that Trump had NO reason to apologize for anything unless the widower asked him to.

Saying he had nothing to apologoze for is a textbook definition of "defending".

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 05-28-2020

[Image: EZEdtTqXkAEkNqa?format=png&name=900x900]

Trump has never been above a 50% approval rate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 11:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually you said there was nothing wrong with making false accusations of murder, and that Trump had NO reason to apologize for anything unless the widower asked him to.

Saying he had nothing to apologoze for is a textbook definition of "defending".

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Actually i said he should offer an apology as soon as the widower made it know he didn't appreciate the comments. I never said he had nothing to apologize for.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Nately120 - 05-28-2020

Geez, good thing kids have such supple ACLs.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 05-28-2020

(05-28-2020, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Actually i said he should offer an apology as soon as the widower made it know he didn't appreciate the comments. I never said he had nothing to apologize for.

So, again, you have no problem with the POTUS tweeting publicly an accusation that someone should be investigated for a murder in a case 20 years old that was investigated and found to be accidental death...BUT someone else complained about it so he should apologize.

Is that you trying to spin your original response in that gif?