Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Presidential Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 2020 Presidential Election (/Thread-2020-Presidential-Election)

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 06-01-2020

And, again, I don't like him.  Period.

And everyone can say "we have to protect the president" and "it might not have been his call" but he is inciting and inflaming this.  He is telling everyone ELSE they need to get "tougher" so it's not just a "bad look" in my eyes...it's the reality that he's a fake tough guy who deserves every bit of harassment he gets for literally hiding in a basement and tweeting.  The same thing he and his followers accused Biden of doing.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Nately120 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 09:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've got to say, this criticism rubs me the wrong way. There are communities all over this country that are literally on fire because of civil unrest. When there is a demonstration outside of the White House I don't begrudge POTUS for seeking shelter. Situations like that can turn into defecation striking the oscillation in a hurry and as much as I dislike our current president I think it's a smart move. Besides, was it his call or was this the SS?

Agreed.  Can't knock the guy for doing something reasonable.  He who runs away lives to run into a school shooting another day, and all that. 

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BmorePat87 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 11:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: He's currently tweeting about his poll numbers.

If he was mad or wanted to spin that it wasn't his choice he would have by now.

I don't care if it was his call but I can tell you with 99% certainty that he is a coward and he wouldn't argue about hiding when things get hot.

Whether or not it was his call is important, though. You can't criticize someone for not listening to the experts and then criticize them if they do. It gives people an opening to discredit your legitimate complaints. 

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Belsnickel - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 11:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Whoa, this is really ***** with the "you guys just hate everything Trump does" fallback. 

Nah. I've actually praised Trump in those forum before and certain people still do their thing.

(06-01-2020, 11:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Whether or not it was his call is important, though. You can't criticize someone for not listening to the experts and then criticize them if they do. It gives people an opening to discredit your legitimate complaints. 

Sure I can.

He ignores people that tell him things he doesn't agree with (Virus is bad, asbestos is bad, etc) and agree with people who tell him he needs to hide and be safe.

His minions already discredit my posts about him because they don't care if he's a tough talking coward and a fool.  

Doesn't matter to me at all.

Because, again, if it wasn't his call and he wanted to be a "war time president" and be out there he would have said so.  Instead he's tweeting about "sleepy joe".  

Trump could have addressed the nation from his bunker.

He hid.

(06-01-2020, 11:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  Can't knock the guy for doing something reasonable.  He who runs away lives to run into a school shooting another day, and all that. 

Bingo.

The weak man's idea of a tough man.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BmorePat87 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 11:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: Sure I can.

He ignores people that tell him things he doesn't agree with (Virus is bad, asbestos is bad, etc) and agree with people who tell him he needs to hide and be safe.

His minions already discredit my posts about him because they don't care if he's a tough talking coward and a fool.  

Doesn't matter to me at all.

Because, again, if it wasn't his call and he wanted to be a "war time president" and be out there he would have said so.  Instead he's tweeting about "sleepy joe".  

Trump could have addressed the nation from his bunker.

He hid.

You can, but it's empty when you do. Be better than them. That's all I'm going to say.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Belsnickel - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 11:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: And, again, I don't like him.  Period.

And everyone can say "we have to protect the president" and "it might not have been his call" but he is inciting and inflaming this.  He is telling everyone ELSE they need to get "tougher" so it's not just a "bad look" in my eyes...it's the reality that he's a fake tough guy who deserves every bit of harassment he gets for literally hiding in a basement and tweeting.  The same thing he and his followers accused Biden of doing.

I don't really disagree with any of this. He is inflaming things and he hasn't shown leadership. He is absolutely a coward who likes to talk a big talk. But as Pat pointed out, if the SS put him in the bunker (or even if they advised him to go), then getting in the bunker isn't something to criticize him for. He followed protocols, and in truth that is what I want out of any administration.

(06-01-2020, 11:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You can, but it's empty when you do. Be better than them. That's all I'm going to say.

If pointing out that Trump says one thing and does another is wrong so be it.  It won't change what they think of it or me.

Again, this is one point in a long timeline of things that Trump did and didn't do that doesn't help.  Wanna give him a pass for this?  Fine.

Until he does something help and not hurt (and not hide) he remains a coward with an army.

(06-01-2020, 11:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't really disagree with any of this. He is inflaming things and he hasn't shown leadership. He is absolutely a coward who likes to talk a big talk. But as Pat pointed out, if the SS put him in the bunker (or even if they advised him to go), then getting in the bunker isn't something to criticize him for. He followed protocols, and in truth that is what I want out of any administration.

Assuming you're right all that shows is he's willing to listen if it means saving his own skin.

That's the same INCREDIBLY low bar his defenders throw around when they want to "give him credit" for doing something after he did the wrong thing for months.  Or the people who said anytime he didn't go off script he "sounded presidential".  

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 09:20 AM)GMDino Wrote:  

Donald J Trump almost made a career out of saying OTHER people were "losers" who couldn't handle things right.  That "only he" could handle everything the right way.  And given his moment he was too small for it.

On no!! POTUS retreated to the bunker due to Civil Unrest outside the gates of the White House.

I take it all back; all of it. I have classified your disagreement with Trump and his policies as irrational at times. But this shows just how rational you can be.  

(06-01-2020, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: On no!! POTUS retreated to the bunker due to Civil Unrest outside the gates of the White House.

I take it all back; all of it. I have classified your disagreement with Trump and his policies as irrational at times. But this shows just how rational you can be.  

Yep...he's a coward sending people like you out to "get tough".

I'm sure he appreciates your unending support.  ThumbsUp

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - NATI BENGALS - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 02:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep...he's a coward sending people like you out to "get tough".

I'm sure he appreciates your unending support.  ThumbsUp

No. He said it the other day. He likes to put the young ones on the front lines. They love it.

(06-01-2020, 02:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No. He said it the other day. He likes to put the young ones on the front lines. They love it.

[Image: j48jp3xc-1402406659.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q...6&fit=clip]

Fair enough.  I stand corrected.   Mellow

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Truck_1_0_1_ - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 11:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't really disagree with any of this. He is inflaming things and he hasn't shown leadership. He is absolutely a coward who likes to talk a big talk. But as Pat pointed out, if the SS put him in the bunker (or even if they advised him to go), then getting in the bunker isn't something to criticize him for. He followed protocols, and in truth that is what I want out of any administration.

Too little, too late?

(06-01-2020, 02:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: j48jp3xc-1402406659.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q...6&fit=clip]

Fair enough.  I stand corrected.   Mellow

Uncanny!

So I read they tear gassed a bunch of peaceful protesters to move them so Trump could walk to a church, carrying a bible, and declare that he would send the military in to shoot rioters?

Pretty much sums him up.

(06-01-2020, 09:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I read they tear gassed a bunch of peaceful protesters to move them so Trump could walk to a church, carrying a bible, and declare that he would send the military in to shoot rioters?

Pretty much sums him up.

Wait...

What?

Hilarious

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 09:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I read they tear gassed a bunch of peaceful protesters to move them so Trump could walk to a church, carrying a bible, and declare that he would send the military in to shoot rioters?

Pretty much sums him up.

I think he heard some criticized him for retreating to the bunker last time when people protested outside the White House walls. I'm sure those fools are happy about this. 

(06-01-2020, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think he heard some criticized him for retreating to the bunker last time when people protested outside the White House walls. I'm sure those fools are happy about this. 

Only fools want the POTUS to use the military to fire on peacefully protesting citizens so he can get a photo op.

That makes him no more brave than hiding in the WH.

But I'm sure some fools were happy to see that entire scene.  

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - jason - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 09:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait...

What?

Hilarious

Bible or no Bible... Does anything look less natural than Donald Trump with a book in his hand? He was really struggling with it.