Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Got any criminals in your family. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Got any criminals in your family. (/Thread-Got-any-criminals-in-your-family)

Pages: 1 2

Got any criminals in your family. - fredtoast - 07-02-2019

The son of one of my cousins (second cousin?) can't stay out of jail. He has had a drug problem for many years. His father died when he was a young boy and he was raised by his crazy mother, but I believe he would have been trouble anyway. I have learned that sometimes the parents don't make a lot of difference. His older brother was also kind of crazy and died in a car wreck running from the police when he was in his early 20's.

He stole from his family for years but his criminal charges were just misdemeanors (DUI, Public Intoxication, simple possession). Then he finally stole some expensive farm equipment from his moms brother and went to prison for a few years. When he got out he claimed that he could not get a job because no one would give him a chance. My parents let him have a job cutting timber off their land (for half of the proceeds), but he ended up ripping them off also. They decided against pressing any charges because they knew he would not have any money they could get back, but when he went back to prison on a parole violation he claimed they were the reason.

Many times he was in court asking for a court appointed attorney, but I always told the judge I could not represent him. Even before he had a conflict with my parents I knew he was the kind of guy who would blame his lawyer if he ever got any jail time. Whenever the issue came up in court is was surprising how many other attorneys, police officers, and court clerk personnel would tell me that they also had a criminal in the family. And many times these "black sheep" would come from a good home and have siblings that were stable and successful. My boss for 15 years (the elected Public Defender) had two sons. One ended up being a lawyer and the other was a total drug addict.

Any of you have criminals in the family tree?

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - fredtoast - 07-02-2019

BTW I have been arrested a few times in my life and spent a couple of nights in jail, but (LUCKILY) I never got into any serious trouble. A DUI 25 years ago was the worst.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - treee - 07-02-2019

By criminal, do you mean people that have been charged and prosecuted in the justice system? Because I'm pretty sure the majority of Americans break multiple laws every single day. If you piss off the wrong people they'll be able to find a way to get some charges on your record.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - fredtoast - 07-02-2019

(07-02-2019, 02:31 PM)treee Wrote: By criminal, do you mean people that have been charged and prosecuted in the justice system? Because I'm pretty sure the majority of Americans break multiple laws every single day. If you piss off the wrong people they'll be able to find a way to get some charges on your record.

Other than regular speeding (which does not carry jail time) I do not believe that a majority to Americans break multiple laws every single day.

(07-02-2019, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Other than regular speeding (which does not carry jail time) I do not believe that a majority to Americans break multiple laws every single day.

If we're looking at driving specifically, I'd say at least 7/10 drivers I see on the road each day are not maintaining a safe following distance from the vehicle in front of them. That is a ticket-able offence.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - Beaker - 07-02-2019

(07-02-2019, 04:04 PM)treee Wrote: If we're looking at driving specifically, I'd say at least 7/10 drivers I see on the road each day are not maintaining a safe following distance from the vehicle in front of them. That is a ticket-able offence.

So youre the criminal in your family?

(07-02-2019, 05:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: So youre the criminal in your family?
Totally. A ne'er-do-well degenerate.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - HarleyDog - 07-02-2019

(07-02-2019, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I have been arrested a few times in my life and spent a couple of nights in jail, but (LUCKILY) I never got into any serious trouble. A DUI 25 years ago was the worst.

But aren’t ALL lawyers criminals? Ninja

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - jfkbengals - 07-02-2019

Let's see.

Criminals in my family would be myself (in the past); and then a cousin who can't stay out of jail because of drug charges.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - HarleyDog - 07-03-2019

(07-02-2019, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I have been arrested a few times in my life and spent a couple of nights in jail, but (LUCKILY) I never got into any serious trouble. A DUI 25 years ago was the worst.

[Image: the_meme_archives_56184610_2326926784190...info&w=600]

Got any criminals in your family. - Storer50 - 07-03-2019

My niece murdered my sister around memorial day, so there is that

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - fredtoast - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 11:25 AM)Storer50 Wrote: My niece murdered my sister around memorial day, so there is that

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would say that counts.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - XenoMorph - 07-03-2019

cant think of any... Being a criminal would involve being caught.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - Goalpost - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: cant think of any... Being a criminal would involve being caught.

https://youtu.be/nwrvDBmoaXo

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - Synric - 07-03-2019

Closest I've come to doing real time was my 3rd underage consumption. It was right after I got out of basic and AIT so the military had my back...of course I had to do counseling and was restricted to the base for 30 days lol.

Since then just a few PIs and Disorderly Conducts which while cost money they are easy expunged lol.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - fredtoast - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 12:08 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://youtu.be/nwrvDBmoaXo

Ever been involved in any homosexual behavior?

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - michaelsean - 07-10-2019

I got some misdemeanors charges in my drinking days, but that's about it as far as my family goes. My cousin's stepson has done prison time. He seems to have cleaned up his act now.

Btw...I don't know what lumber sells for, but half the proceeds sounds like a pretty good deal.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - treee - 07-10-2019

In a police state, all citizens are criminals.

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - sandwedge - 07-10-2019

Freddie drumming up business!!!

RE: Got any criminals in your family. - Nebuchadnezzar - 07-11-2019

Yes, but not to much elaboration.

From petty theft to murder...that's all you need to know.

As for me? No crime in my past.