Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dalton's make or break year - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dalton's make or break year (/Thread-Dalton-s-make-or-break-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Dalton's make or break year - BengalChris - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 08:16 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What I get is how you and your cohorts are blind to the fact that this team can't succeed with the "same old Andy". The goal for all32 teams is? To win the Super Bowl. I'll put it in terms you can understand. If my son played baseball but couldn't hit a fastball I wouldn't let him hit cleanup. Get it ???

I will dispute that and my evidence are the brain dead moves teams have made.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - fredtoast - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 08:16 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What I get is how you and your cohorts are blind to the fact that this team can't succeed with the "same old Andy". The goal for all32 teams is? To win the Super Bowl. I'll put it in terms you can understand. If my son played baseball but couldn't hit a fastball I wouldn't let him hit cleanup. Get it ???

Bengals were 10-2 with the #4 offense in the league when Dalton got injured in 2015.

So you are just wrong. You are just like the "dmf's" who claimed that ken anderson could never win a playoff game or john elway could never win a Super Bowl.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-17-2019

And Elway finally won a Super Bowl . . . with Terrell Davis tearing up the league and with what was easily the best offensive line in the NFL for a five year period.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Catmandude123 - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals were 10-2 with the #4 offense in the league when Dalton got injured in 2015.

They were going in for a score putting them up two scores. GUESS WHAT HAPPEN THEN? You guessed it Dalton STB. Threw it directly to an interior lineman and to put the sh*t icing on the cake he breaks his thumb which effectively ruined their season. Nice try but he has loser tattooed all over him. 

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-17-2019

That D-lineman made a catch that Dalton's receivers couldn't have made. And since that happened . . . that means that he will never be successful EVER again.

Awesome "incite".

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 03:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: They were going in for a score putting them up two scores. GUESS WHAT HAPPEN THEN? You guessed it Dalton STB. Threw it directly to an interior lineman and to put the sh*t icing on the cake he breaks his thumb which effectively ruined their season. Nice try but he has loser tattooed all over him. 

Quote:"Dalton attended Katy High School in Katy, Texas, where he played on the Tigers football team.[8] He split time as a junior in 2004 and then started only one full season at quarterback for Katy High School as a senior in 2005. That year, he led the Tigers to the state finals, where they lost to Southlake Carroll, 34–20. As a senior, he threw for 2,877 yards with 42 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.[9] That year, he was named the Greater Houston Area offensive player of the year by the Houston Chronicle."

Quote:Entering the 2007 season, Dalton was in competition with Jackson to be the starting quarterback. Two weeks before the season opener against Baylor, TCU head coach Gary Patterson named Dalton the starter.[13] He was named the 2007 Texas Bowl MVP in TCU's 20–13 victory over Houston.[14] After going 8–5 as a freshman, he accumulated a record of 34–3 as a starter for the rest of his career at TCU.[15]

Quote:In the 2008 season, Dalton led TCU to an 11–2 record, finishing second place in the Mountain West Conference and seventh in the national AP Poll.[16] He was named the 2008 Poinsettia Bowl MVP in the Horned Frogs' 17–16 win over Boise State.

Quote:In the 2009 season, Dalton led the Horned Frogs to a perfect 12–0 regular season, a Mountain West Conference Championship, a #6 ranking in the AP Poll, and a BCS berth.[18] The Horned Frogs lost 17–10 in the Fiesta Bowl to Boise State.[19]

On September 4, 2010, Dalton recorded his thirtieth victory as the Horned Frogs starting quarterback, passing Sammy Baugh as TCU's all-time wins leader. Against Baylor, Dalton completed 21 of 23 pass attempts (a career-best and single game record 91.3%) for 267 yards and two touchdowns.[20] His team won a second consecutive Mountain West Conference Championship. On January 1, 2011, Dalton, who completed 194 of 293 passes for 2638 yards for 26 touchdowns during his senior season, led his team to a 21–19 victory over #4 Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. His TCU football team finished the season with a perfect 13–0 record and #2 ranking in the AP Poll.[21] Auburn, the only other team with a perfect record, won the BCS National Championship that year.[22]

Dalton held school career records for wins (42), passing yards (10,314), pass attempts (1,317), completions (812), and completion percentage (61.6) at the time he graduated, but a few years later, Trevone Boykin surpassed most of Dalton's records.[23] Dalton also held the MWC career leader in total offense (11,925 yards) and plays from scrimmage (1,730).[24]

Andy Dalton is 0-4 in the postseason in Cincinnati......

Hmm  ......one is not like the other two......

(07-17-2019, 03:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: They were going in for a score putting them up two scores. GUESS WHAT HAPPEN THEN? You guessed it Dalton STB. 

If every QB who throws an interception is shitting the bed then that covers every QB in the league.  What QB has never thrown an interception?

(07-17-2019, 03:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Nice try but he has loser tattooed all over him. 

Dalton only lost a total of three games his final 3 seasons at TCU including a 13-0 senior season when TCU finished #2 in the nation.

Since Dalton entered the league in 2011 only 6 QBs have both more wins than Dalton (68) and a higher winning percentage (.575).

Here is a list of QBs Dalton has beaten head-to-head when the other QB had a Division Champion team.

Aaron Rodgers '13
Tom Brady '13
Peyton Manning '14 (Pro Bowl season, not the '15 cripple)
Russel Wilson '15
Andrew Luck '13, '18
Joe Flacco '12, '18

RE: Dalton's make or break year - ochocincos - 07-17-2019

We don't 100% know that's actually true. It's just an assumption that's made.
I think it's true in a sense that sometime down the line, it'd be good, but it's not necessarily a goal a team has every year.
For example, there's no way the Browns had that as a goal coming off their 0-16 season. That'd be a completely unrealistic and unachievable goal if it was. Their goal, at best, was to probably not have a losing season. But once again, that's an assumption I'm making too because teams are not explicitly stating their goals every year.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Nately120 - 07-17-2019

Is it safe to conclude that 2019 is neither a make nor break year for Dalton, yet?

RE: Dalton's make or break year - jason - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 03:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: They were going in for a score putting them up two scores. GUESS WHAT HAPPEN THEN? You guessed it Dalton STB. Threw it directly to an interior lineman and to put the sh*t icing on the cake he breaks his thumb which effectively ruined their season. Nice try but he has loser tattooed all over him. 

How did a loser getting hurt for the year ruin their season?

(07-17-2019, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If every QB who throws an interception is shitting the bed then that covers every QB in the league.  What QB has never thrown an interception?

Dalton only lost a total of three games his final 3 seasons at TCU including a 13-0 senior season when TCU finished #2 in the nation.

Since Dalton entered the league in 2011 only 6 QBs have both more wins than Dalton (68) and a higher winning percentage (.575).

Here is a list of QBs Dalton has beaten head-to-head when the other QB had a Division Champion team.

Aaron Rodgers '13
Tom Brady '13
Peyton Manning '14 (Pro Bowl season, not the '15 cripple)
Russel Wilson '15
Andrew Luck '13, '18
Joe Flacco '12, '18
When he lost in the playoffs to some of these same players or lesser QBs it isn't his fault? His record against Big Ben is appalling . Losses to TJ Yates, Matt Schaub in the playoffs is disheartening . Come on when will you open your eyes and see he is a hack. Its nice to look at the possibilities but when the reality slaps you time and again it is very hard to do.

(07-17-2019, 05:53 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When he lost in the playoffs to some of these same players or lesser QBs it isn't his fault? 

Is every Bengal loss Dalton's fault?

If so, does he also get credit for every win?

(07-17-2019, 05:53 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Come on when will you open your eyes and see he is a hack.

He is not a "hack".

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Luvnit2 - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 05:53 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When he lost in the playoffs to some of these same players or lesser QBs it isn't his fault? His record against Big Ben is appalling . Losses to TJ Yates, Matt Schaub in the playoffs is disheartening . Come on when will you open your eyes and see he is a hack. Its nice to look at the possibilities but when the reality slaps you time and again it is very hard to do.

In my life experience, those call anyone a loser, should just look in the mirror.

AD may not be a great QB, but he is a winner in all aspects of his life. If you call him out as a loser, maybe it is you that has some loser issues and you are projecting onto others.

I am not a fan of anyone attacking anyone personally. I get you want our team to win and you don't think AD will ever be the QB to do it, but let's be conscious of the words we use when describing others. If not, it makes your arguments look weak and petty.

(07-17-2019, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is every Bengal loss Dalton's fault?

If so, does he also get credit for every win?

You list the wins he has and say he beat QB a or QB b in some meaningless regular season game but don't acknowledge when he singlehandedly loses a game (six ints, four fumbles, one TD, 220 yds/game in four PO games). Are you part of the FO? Do you ever look at things objectively?

(07-17-2019, 06:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In my life experience, those call anyone a loser, should just look in the mirror.

AD may not be a great QB, but he is a winner in all aspects of his life. If you call him out as a loser, maybe it is you that has some loser issues and you are projecting onto others.

I am not a fan of anyone attacking anyone personally. I get you want our team to win and you don't think AD will ever be the QB to do it, but let's be conscious of the words we use when describing others. If not, it makes your arguments look weak and petty.

I don't think he is a loser in all aspects of his life but as a NFL QB he leaves a lot to be desired. 

RE: Dalton's make or break year - XenoMorph - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 06:20 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I don't think he is a loser in all aspects of his life but as a NFL QB he leaves a lot to be desired. 
still haven't figured out the extreme bias against Dalton around here..

But its the organization as a whole that has left a lot to be desired.. Not the QB himself.

They don't have tom brady's sitting on the street waiting for a call. (theres only 1 and his under contract)

can you really say its Dalton?     While its years ago.. Look at 2015 when he was running the offense. 

since then we have lost our OL(still haven't recovered) lost pretty much every receiving option not named AJ Green(boyd finally show'd up but no one else has). and had shit for coordinators.

You can blame ints on a QB.. but where was his WR at?
QB fumbles but why did he have to run in the first place?
(not removing all blame from Dalton... Im sure some of those where on him)

but calling a dude who is at the highest level in his field a hack when you do what?

y

(07-17-2019, 06:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: still haven't figured out the extreme bias against Dalton around here..

But its the organization as a whole that has left a lot to be desired.. Not the QB himself.

They don't have tom brady's sitting on the street waiting for a call. (theres only 1 and his under contract)

can you really say its Dalton?     While its years ago.. Look at 2015 when he was running the offense. 

since then we have lost our OL(still haven't recovered) lost pretty much every receiving option not named AJ Green(boyd finally show'd up but no one else has). and had shit for coordinators.

You can blame ints on a QB.. but where was his WR at?
QB fumbles but why did he have to run in the first place?
(not removing all blame from Dalton... Im sure some of those where on him)

but calling a dude who is at the highest level in his field a hack when you do what?

y
I can tell you what I don't do. I don't have a job that pays me millions to be a runoff the mill player. While he has been a average QB in the pros and a top college QB everyone rises to a level of incompetence and Dalton has reached his eight years ago. BTW I am a retired supervisor who now is a professional unpaid childcare worker. BEST JOB I EVER HAD.

(07-17-2019, 06:17 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You list the wins he has and say he beat QB a or QB b in some meaningless regular season game but don't acknowledge when he singlehandedly loses a game (six ints, four fumbles, one TD, 220 yds/game in four PO games). Are you part of the FO? Do you ever look at things objectively?

You look at four games in the first 4 seasons of his career.  I have given multiple examples of QBs who struggled in the postseason early in their career and went on to do much better later.

The fact that you call regular season games "meaningless" proves that you are the one who refuses to look at things objectively.

The fact that you claim Dalton lost those games "single-handedly" when opposing defenses had 4 times as many sacks as the Bengals (12 to 3) and opposing RBs had well over twice as many rushing yards (635 to 287) shows that you are just trolling.

(07-17-2019, 06:44 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: While he has been a average QB in the pros and a top college QB everyone rises to a level of incompetence and Dalton has reached his eight years ago. 

In the last 8 years only 6 NFL QBs have both more victories and a higher winning percentage than Dalton.

You should not use big words like "incompetence" if you don't know what they mean.