Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dalton's make or break year - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dalton's make or break year (/Thread-Dalton-s-make-or-break-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Catmandude123 - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 06:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You look at four games in the first 4 seasons of his career.  I have given multiple examples of QBs who struggled in the postseason early in their career and went on to do much better later.

The fact that you call regular season games "meaningless" proves that you are the one who refuses to look at things objectively.

The fact that you claim Dalton lost those games "single-handedly" when opposing defenses had 4 times as many sacks as the Bengals (12 to 3) and opposing RBs had well over twice as many rushing yards (635 to 287) shows that you are just trolling.

You  mean when he had all the players(Wit, Zietler, Marvin, Sanu) all you are saying is causing him to lose now. His sacks were caused by him panicking in crucial situations.  

(07-17-2019, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In the last 8 years only 6 NFL QBs have both more victories and a higher winning percentage than Dalton.

You should not use big words like "incompetence" if you don't know what they mean.

How about over the last three. I don't give a rats behind what he has done in the past I want to know what is the likelihood of his being better than he has been before.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - fredtoast - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 06:55 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You  mean when he had all the players(Wit, Zietler, Marvin, Sanu) all you are saying is causing him to lose now.

Could you repeat this in English?

BTW Zeitler was not here in 2011.  The OGs for that playoff game were Livings and Mike McGlynn game.  Zeitler also missed almost half of the Chargers game with Mike Pollack filling in.  Sanu and Marvin Jones only played in 2 of the four playoff games.

(07-17-2019, 06:55 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  His sacks were caused by him panicking in crucial situations.  

No they were not.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 06:44 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I can tell you what I don't do. I don't have a job that pays me millions

Shocking.

(07-17-2019, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Could you repeat this in English?

BTW Zeitler was not here in 2011.  The OGs for that playoff game were Livings and Mike McGlynn game.  Zeitler also missed almost half of the Chargers game with Mike Pollack filling in.  Sanu and Marvin Jones only played in 2 of the four playoff games.

No they were not.

So wit , sanu , Marvin, and Zietler were her together for two games and why didn't we win those games? You all want to put everything as far as the losses go on the other 52 players but can't acknowledge that the QB , who everyone knowns is the most important player, is at fault for the losses. Its no wonder we haven't won a PO game in nearly three decades. Our fan base accepts mediocrity. Dalton has the seventh highest win total over the last eight years because no other team's fan base would tolerate such BS as a starter who underperforms like he does.

(07-17-2019, 07:31 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Shocking.

You better keep yourself from those electric eels.

(07-17-2019, 03:12 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:  Elway  tearing a five year period.

I'll bet that hurt.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Socal Bengals fan - 07-18-2019

0-4 in the playoffs, sucked ass last 3 years his best season he happened to get injured in the 11th game after turning the ball over. This is the year I’ll tell yah!!! The best part we are talking about this year as Dalton make or break year. Lol he was drafted in 2011. Awesome.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - wolverine515151 - 07-18-2019

Dalton is below average. Everyone who isn't biased knows it besides his family members and hardcore supporters.

He's had 1 good season, 3 ok seasons, and 4 bad seasons using the only formula we have to measure qb's strength, the qb ratings.

He's bad without his weapons and horrible in important games like prime time and the playoffs. 

The excuses never end with his delusional fans. It's never Daltons fault, it's the offensive line or its the receivers dropping balls. These delusional clowns live in a fantasy world of make believe

They keep saying we need to fix everything all around Dalton first and Dalton is the least of our worries. Dalton had a great offensive line his first five seasons, tremendous weapons to throw to, and still put up mediocre numbers and couldn't win in the playoffs.

The only reason he has won a lot of games the first 5 seasons is because we had a great defensive coordinator who gave us a consistent top 10 defense and a good special teams. We won a lot of games his first 5 years and were making the playoffs despite of Dalton not because of him.

Next season, when Dalton does his typical Jekyll and Hide routine, where he has a good game followed by a horrid one, watch all his supporters make up the usual excuses.

The qb is by far the most important position on the field. If you have a mediocre left guard you can win a superbowl. If you have a bad linebacker you can win a superbowl. If you have a below average qb you are not sniffing a superbowl. Especially in todays game where the passing game is emphasized a lot more than 20 years ago when the ravens won it with Dilfer.

Qb is the only position on offense where that player has the ball every single snap. The qb is involved directly in every single offensive play. So to think that other positions need to be upgraded first is absolutely insane. The number one position that needs upgrading is the qb.

All you delusional clowns don't bother answering because I can already predict your idiotic answers and I'm not wasting time responding to clownish comments. 

RE: Dalton's make or break year - XsandOs - 07-18-2019

(07-16-2019, 09:23 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: They also won Super bowl in recent memory 2010 2011. But heh that doesn't mean anything. Dalton is = Rodgers, Brees, and Manning. We homers all know that, right fellow homers. Geesh.

Exactly!

The same QB. Wins a SB and then suffers with subsequent, multiple losing seasons.

Why??

Can he no longer make everyone around him excel? I mean we are talking about two of the best QBs in football....

The answer is - talent around him. Saints reloaded and are winning again. Packers are towards the tail end of reloading.

In regards to this business of making everyone around him better and elevating everyone's level of play ........ a cliche' is a cliche' is a cliche'.

[quote='wolverine515151' pid='732221' dateline='1563434893

The only reason he has won a lot of games the first 5 seasons is because we had a great defensive coordinator who gave us a consistent top 10 defense and a good special teams. We won a lot of games his first 5 years and were making the playoffs despite of Dalton not because of

The qb is by far the most important position on the field.

Qb is the only position on offense where that player has the ball every single snap. The qb is involved directly in every single offensive play. So to think that other positions need to be upgraded first is absolutely insane. The number one position that needs upgrading is the qb
[/quote]

You do realize that the two SB participants last year had top notch defenses - right?

Also, both have great OLs - right?

Yes, QB is the most important position on the offensive side of the ball, but more importantly, QB is the one position that is dependent on ALL 10 players to do their jobs, just so that he can BEGIN to do his.

(07-16-2019, 03:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We know we could do a better job than him but alas we don't own the Bengals and MB does.

Not sure to whom you are referring as "we", but I am comfortable in stating that YOU cannot do a better job than him.

It's amateur night at the Appollo, and Catmandude is the main attraction.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Catmandude123 - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019, 05:21 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Not sure to whom you are referring as "we", but I am comfortable in stating that YOU cannot do a better job than him.

It's amateur night at the Appollo, and Catmandude is the main attraction.

Every poster on this blog decries the ineptitude of MB. Those are the "WE" I refer to. If you haven't picked up on this then maybe you haven't been paying attention or maybe it went ZOOM right over your little head.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019, 04:28 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Dalton is below average. Everyone who isn't biased knows it besides his family members and hardcore supporters.

He's had 1 good season, 3 ok seasons, and 4 bad seasons using the only formula we have to measure qb's strength, the qb ratings.

He's bad without his weapons and horrible in important games like prime time and the playoffs. 

The excuses never end with his delusional fans. It's never Daltons fault, it's the offensive line or its the receivers dropping balls. These delusional clowns live in a fantasy world of make believe

They keep saying we need to fix everything all around Dalton first and Dalton is the least of our worries. Dalton had a great offensive line his first five seasons, tremendous weapons to throw to, and still put up mediocre numbers and couldn't win in the playoffs.

The only reason he has won a lot of games the first 5 seasons is because we had a great defensive coordinator who gave us a consistent top 10 defense and a good special teams. We won a lot of games his first 5 years and were making the playoffs despite of Dalton not because of him.

Next season, when Dalton does his typical Jekyll and Hide routine, where he has a good game followed by a horrid one, watch all his supporters make up the usual excuses.

The qb is by far the most important position on the field. If you have a mediocre left guard you can win a superbowl. If you have a bad linebacker you can win a superbowl. If you have a below average qb you are not sniffing a superbowl. Especially in todays game where the passing game is emphasized a lot more than 20 years ago when the ravens won it with Dilfer.

Qb is the only position on offense where that player has the ball every single snap. The qb is involved directly in every single offensive play. So to think that other positions need to be upgraded first is absolutely insane. The number one position that needs upgrading is the qb.

All you delusional clowns don't bother answering because I can already predict your idiotic answers and I'm not wasting time responding to clownish comments. 

Please provide us with all of the possible QBs that they could have drafted or signed as a FA to replace Dalton. Please add reality into the equation . . . Cincinnati was not going to draft Russell Wilson in 2012 to replace their second year, winning QB that helped teach the offense in training camp after a lockout with no OTA's or a QB on the roster experienced in Gruden's new system.

Good luck. With your deductive reasoning and expert insight, I'm sure you'll have this all sorted out in no time.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Nicomo Cosca - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019, 08:09 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Please provide us with all of the possible QBs that they could have drafted or signed as a FA to replace Dalton. Please add reality into the equation . . . Cincinnati was not going to draft Russell Wilson in 2012 to replace their second year, winning QB that helped teach the offense in training camp after a lockout with no OTA's or a QB on the roster experienced in Gruden's new system.

Good luck. With your deductive reasoning and expert insight, I'm sure you'll have this all sorted out in no time.

The obvious ones are Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson.

(07-18-2019, 08:09 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Please provide us with all of the possible QBs that they could have drafted or signed as a FA to replace Dalton. Please add reality into the equation . . . Cincinnati was not going to draft Russell Wilson in 2012 to replace their second year, winning QB that helped teach the offense in training camp after a lockout with no OTA's or a QB on the roster experienced in Gruden's new system.

The fact remains that waiting hasn't done a thing as far as improving the team. If you have a drag car that consistently loses in races with other cars you can either replace the pit crew, replace the driver or replace the car. The pit crew(ZT) has been replaced, the driver (AD) and the car(the other 52 team members) are next. Most of you are in favor of blaming the rest of the team instead of AD. If after eight seasons all he brings to the table is mediocrity then it is time to move on. Are we assured of getting the next Brady? No. I know it is a cliché but "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity".

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Nately120 - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019, 08:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The obvious ones are Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson.

Draft Mahomes over Ross, give Dalton one more year and trade him to Gruden and Washington.  I realize hindsight is 20-20 and all, but other teams have managed to pull this sort of thing off so I don't see why it is treated like an utter fever dream that we could have. 

But I always point out, Mike Brown hasn't willingly moved on from a franchise QB in his nearly 30 years running the show here.

(07-15-2019, 08:30 PM)XsandOs Wrote: GB went 7-9 and 6-9-1 the past two years.

Saints went 7-9 for 3 straight years from 2014 to 2016.
Aaron Rodgers finished both seasons on IR. Drew Brees has had two seasons since AD came into the league with a QBR of under 100(96.3 and 97.1) AD has had one season (2015) with a Qbr over 100. Why must you compare a diamond with a lump of coal?

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019, 09:20 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Aaron Rodgers finished both seasons on IR. Drew Brees has had two seasons since AD came into the league with a QBR of under 100(96.3 and 97.1) AD has had one season (2015) with a Qbr over 100. Why must you compare a diamond with a lump of coal?

Because one has played with Sean Payton running things for years and one played with Marvin Lewis running things. Maybe Dalton just got his Sean Payton.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Nately120 - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019, 09:25 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Because one has played with Sean Payton running things for years and one played with Marvin Lewis running things. Maybe Dalton just got his Sean Payton.

It always comes back to lazy ownership.  If this franchise can actually prevent someone like Drew Brees from winning a single playoff game then players are right to want out of here.

Again I'm not ragging on Dalton but pointing out that we are back to the whole "even the greatest QBs of all time would have 0 playoff wins in Cincy from 1992 to god only knows when" argument. 

That's some grim stuff.