Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dalton's make or break year - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dalton's make or break year (/Thread-Dalton-s-make-or-break-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Dalton's make or break year - fredtoast - 07-26-2019

(07-25-2019, 03:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...i wasn't clear on the point that he could have driven them down the field for a leading TD instead of a tying FG?

He took the lead away from the Cardinals.  It was not his fault that the Bengals defense blew it.

It was a clutch drive against the number one defense in the league on the road.  And you want to use it as part of your "Dalton sucks" whine.  That is just sad.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Socal Bengals fan - 07-26-2019

Imagine Tom Brady or Rodgers being proud that they tied a game n bragging about that during dinner with the family. “ remember that game against Arizona I led them to a field goal , oh what memories!” Just sad

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Nately120 - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 09:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He took the lead away from the Cardinals.  It was not his fault that the Bengals defense blew it.

It was a clutch drive against the number one defense in the league on the road.  And you want to use it as part of your "Dalton sucks" whine.  That is just sad.

That game ended in a pretty similar way to the playoff loss to the Steelers, too.  Defense can't stop the obvious WR getting the ball and then gets a stupid penalty in order to make sure they are in range for the winning FG.  

For all we gripe about the playoff meltdown I can't help but recall seeing the same thing a month prior.

(07-26-2019, 10:03 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Imagine Tom Brady or Rodgers being proud that they tied a game n bragging about that during dinner with the family.  “ remember that game against Arizona I led them to a field goal , oh what memories!”    Just sad

Imagine Brady throwing 4 tds in a prime time victory against a division champion team with the best defense in the league and Pats fans saying "I can't remember Tom Brady ever playing well in a single prime time game."

RE: Dalton's make or break year - PhilHos - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 10:03 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Imagine Tom Brady or Rodgers being proud that they tied a game n bragging about that during dinner with the family.  “ remember that game against Arizona I led them to a field goal , oh what memories!”    Just sad

So which one of us is the real Andy Dalton "bragging" about a game tying drive?

Whatever

RE: Dalton's make or break year - PhilHos - 07-26-2019

(07-25-2019, 01:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bobby Hebert? He started for 7 seasons, had a 56-44 record, and was equally terrible in the playoffs.

But was he considered "below average"? According to Wikipedia, he was once on the cover of Sports Illustrated after leading the Saints to their "best start ever" and that he also made the Pro Bowl 3 years before retiring.

Basically, my point is has there ever been a bad QB that had a winning record as a starter? Apparently not. Yet, somehow Dalton is not a good QB.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - rfaulk34 - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 09:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He took the lead away from the Cardinals.  It was not his fault that the Bengals defense blew it.

First of all, the bolded part is just childish. I'm not on a "Dalton sucks" whine. I was under the impression that we were having an adult conversation here. 

More importantly, wouldn't it make you feel better (maybe not, but it would me) if you could point to an instance where he did that? Let's just say he led the team to a TD on that last Ariz drive and the Bengals won--their first Sunday night win under Marv. There would be a concrete example of him having the ability to take the team down the field for the win, in that moment. 

Unfortunately, there's not really a win like that on his resume. So, i'll state for the 40 billionth time (though i know it won't do any good)...i think he's a good QB--good--that can win plenty. He just doesn't seem to have the gene that the greats have--the 'want to' to break your heart and win every single time he steps on the field and the ability to do it. 

Russell Wilson and Kurt Warner are Christians, just like Dalton. They are open and vocal about it. Though they do it in slightly different ways, they both have the ability and drive to want to win. Dalton comes across as a "let's go out there and have fun" kind of guy and, win lose or draw, he he just accepts it. 

(07-26-2019, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Imagine Brady throwing 4 tds in a prime time victory against a division champion team with the best defense in the league and Pats fans saying "I can't remember Tom Brady ever playing well in a single prime time game."

No Bengals fan has said that about Dalton either. Stop making shit up and start paying attention to what people are typing or just don't bother ***** replying. 

Your damn strawmen come fully soaked in gasoline. 

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Nately120 - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 11:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: But was he considered "below average"? According to Wikipedia, he was once on the cover of Sports Illustrated after leading the Saints to their "best start ever" and that he also made the Pro Bowl 3 years before retiring.

Basically, my point is has there ever been a bad QB that had a winning record as a starter? Apparently not. Yet, somehow Dalton is not a good QB.

Rex Grossman springs to mind.  But that's just one guy I can think of. 

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Shake n Blake - 07-26-2019

(07-25-2019, 03:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Off the top of my head, nothing comes to mind but i'll check later on when i get time.

EDIT: He was, at one point, considered a top 3 QB though. Bit of a different comparison.

Well let me know if you find anything, because I honestly can't think of any and I know CP's PT record was every bit as stinky.

Perception of CP (that he gained from 1 season) has nothing to do with your point about Dalton though. You're either a choker in big moments or you're not. Was CP? Was Dalton? Who coached both of them? Hmm...

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Shake n Blake - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 11:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: But was he considered "below average"? According to Wikipedia, he was once on the cover of Sports Illustrated after leading the Saints to their "best start ever" and that he also made the Pro Bowl 3 years before retiring.

Dalton has made 3 Pro Bowls (2 more than Hebert). I don't think anyone thought super highly of Hebert. I get your point, I'm just saying that people judge Dalton on the playoff struggles, just as people pinned playoff struggles on Hebert. It hurt their reputations. Even Peyton Manning had that choker reputation until the Colts dumped Mora.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Tiger Teeth - 07-26-2019

Boy do we need the season to start. Looks like we're turning against each other in droves. Everyone is laying out "facts". But here's a fact, Dalton is going to be under center in week 1. Why can't people accept that and try and muster up some support.

And no one knows what our record is going to be. But here's another FACT, we could go 0 - 16, or, 16 - 0. And anywhere in between.

(07-26-2019, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Imagine Brady throwing 4 tds in a prime time victory against a division champion team with the best defense in the league and Pats fans saying "I can't remember Tom Brady ever playing well in a single prime time game."

(07-26-2019, 12:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No Bengals fan has said that about Dalton either. Stop making shit up and start paying attention to what people are typing or just don't bother ***** replying. 

Your damn strawmen come fully soaked in gasoline. 

Cool 

(07-21-2019, 03:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nobody said they don't count. Every QB plays the majority of their games at 1:00. I'm talking about the games where the spotlight is brighter. And i'm just looking for one example where he carried the team to a win. 

He's played eight seasons. Don't you think there'd be one time he did it?

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Earendil - 07-26-2019

When did bfine hack faulk's account?

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Catmandude123 - 07-26-2019

Evan a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Synric - 07-26-2019

Another 18 page Andy Dalton thread...Merge.

(07-26-2019, 04:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well let me know if you find anything, because I honestly can't think of any and I know CP's PT record was every bit as stinky.

Perception of CP (that he gained from 1 season) has nothing to do with your point about Dalton though. You're either a choker in big moments or you're not. Was CP? Was Dalton? Who coached both of them? Hmm...

Ya, i don't think either of them were/are really good in big moments. There was that whole brain-type article that came out about Palmer, and it was pretty spot on. 

But...

In Carson's 2nd start as an NFL QB, on a Sunday night game (i guess Marv did win a Sun night game) he drove the team down the field, going 7-8 passing with under 2:00 on the clock and the Bengals kicked the GWFG with :07 on the clock against the Dolphins. His overall stats for the game were pretty much poop but that last drive was clutch.

(07-26-2019, 05:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cool 

This post makes no sense. You typed "playing well in a single prime time game". I said he doesn't have an instance of taking the team down the field at the end for the win, or playing such a good game that it was evident that without his stellar play, the team doesn't win

Not only that, in this very thread, i've pointed out at least twice that he has played and has the ability to play "well". 

[Image: dude-confused.jpg]

(07-26-2019, 06:05 PM)Earendil Wrote: When did bfine hack faulk's account?

bfine followed by a number in the 30s.

rfaulk followed by a number in the 30s. 

It's obvious...

HE'S A COPYCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!!!!!!1111!!!1!!!!!!11111

RE: Dalton's make or break year - PhilHos - 07-27-2019

(07-26-2019, 10:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I said he doesn't have an instance of ... playing such a good game that it was evident that without his stellar play, the team doesn't win

Wrong. Just last season on a Thursday night game against the Ravens, Dalton's 4 TDs and 107.7 QB rating are the reason the Bengals won the game. Unless you want to say that it was Mixon's and Bernard's combined 111 yards rushing and 0 TDs that was the reason for the win.