Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dalton's make or break year - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dalton's make or break year (/Thread-Dalton-s-make-or-break-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Dalton's make or break year - PhilHos - 07-29-2019

(07-27-2019, 10:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton obviously made the passes, and he played well, but AJ was the reason we won. When a WR has 3 TD in one game he should get the most credit.

I remember lurking on a Ravens forum after that game and they were all bitching about one specific Bengal, and it wasn’t Andy Dalton...

And when Bengals fans ***** about the officiating that means that the officials were the reason the other team won the game, right? 'Cause fans are ALWAYS sooooooooooooooooooo knowledgable. Rolleyes

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Synric - 07-29-2019

I loved the hiring of Zac Taylor and not because it's a Sean McVay tree. Taylor is bringing the West Coast Offense back to Cincinnati and Dalton was at his best under Jay Gruden and Hue used the same concepts with his own wrinkles.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - rfaulk34 - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 09:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: All true.....but maybe if the games were called better, and critical errors (crucial penalties, missed assignments, other fundamental deficiencies under Marvin) weren't made at key points, there would have been no need for last second heroics. Hmm 

Well, keep in mind, no matter the coaching or front office...even New England...there are always going to be last minute drives and make or break throws.

(07-29-2019, 11:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: So not only do 1:00 games not count neither do the first half of any games.  Whatever

Stop dancing, i don't hear any music.  Cool

RE: Dalton's make or break year - fredtoast - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 12:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, keep in mind, no matter the coaching or front office...even New England...there are always going to be last minute drives and make or break throws.

But only the ones in prime time count, right? And a clutch drive scoring drive to tie the game on the road in the final two minute against the number on defense in the league does not count either.

Basically you are judging Dalton's entire eight year career based on one or two games that were played in prime time where the score was close enough for Dalton to win the game in a final drive.

(07-29-2019, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  

But only the ones in prime time count, right? And a clutch drive scoring drive to tie the game on the road in the final two minute against the number on defense in the league does not count either.

Basically you are judging Dalton's entire eight year career based on one or two games that were played in prime time where the score was close enough for Dalton to win the game in a final drive.

You don't like to read and comprehend, do you? You prefer to read and come to a conclusion of your choosing. 

I don't think i can make it any more simple than this;
1. All games count
2. Dalton is a good QB who has played great at times
3. Dalton is clutch...at times
4. Dalton has not been clutch under the lights to the point he could be considered a top 10 QB

All that "doesn't count" stuff is more of your made up bull dookey. Your gasoline soaked strawmen. 

(07-26-2019, 10:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I said he doesn't have an instance of taking the team down the field at the end for the win

Can you provide some examples of QBs that HAVE done this in the 4th QTR of prime time games? I just went through Brady's gamelogs and went as far back as 2011 and I could not find a single example of arguably the greatest QB in NFL history of driving his team down the field in the 4th QTR of a prime time game for the win. I know he's not the only QB in the league, but surely, he would've done it at least once in 8 seasons, right?

(07-29-2019, 03:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can you provide some examples of QBs that HAVE done this in the 4th QTR of prime time games? I just went through Brady's gamelogs and went as far back as 2011 and I could not find a single example of arguably the greatest QB in NFL history of driving his team down the field in the 4th QTR of a prime time game for the win. I know he's not the only QB in the league, but surely, he would've done it at least once in 8 seasons, right?

Brady did it just last year against the Chiefs. Two passes for 55 yards and a GWFG with 3 seconds on the clock.

That was just the very first game that came to my mind to check.

And he did it in the playoffs against the Chiefs the same year.

(07-29-2019, 03:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can you provide some examples of QBs that HAVE done this in the 4th QTR of prime time games? I just went through Brady's gamelogs and went as far back as 2011 and I could not find a single example of arguably the greatest QB in NFL history of driving his team down the field in the 4th QTR of a prime time game for the win. I know he's not the only QB in the league, but surely, he would've done it at least once in 8 seasons, right?

Mahomes did it against the Broncos on Monday night last year.
Rivers did it against the Chiefs last year.
Rodgers did it against the 49ers last year.
Goff did it against the Saints last year in the playoffs.

(07-29-2019, 03:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Brady did it just last year against the Chiefs. Two passes for 55 yards and a GWFG with 3 seconds on the clock.

I don't know how I missed that one.

That said, the winning points were on a FG. Those don't count, remember? 

In any event, 1 time in the last 8 seasons for the greatest QB in NFL history and yet it's an indictment on Dalton (NOT the greatest QB in Bengals history) for not even getting 1?

(07-29-2019, 04:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know how I missed that one.

That said, the winning points were on a FG. Those don't count, remember?

In any event, 1 time in the last 8 seasons for the greatest QB in NFL history and yet it's an indictment on Dalton (NOT the greatest QB in Bengals history) for not even getting 1?

Are you fred's freaking twin? I've never once said (something/anything) doesn't count. You ***** keep saying that and it's starting to piss me off. 

Dalton's FG only tied the game. Brady's FG won the game. See the difference? And where did you get 1? I spotted you 2 for Brady just last year and you know as well as i do that he has many more.

Why do you work so damn hard to defend an average QB?

(07-29-2019, 04:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Goff did it against the Saints last year in the playoffs.

Doesn't count: it was a Sunday afternoon game.

(07-29-2019, 04:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mahomes did it against the Broncos on Monday night last year.
Rivers did it against the Chiefs last year.
Rodgers did it against the 49ers last year.
Goff did it against the Saints last year in the playoffs.

Now show me those who've done it more than 1 time in 8 seasons.

(07-29-2019, 04:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Doesn't count: it was a Sunday afternoon game.

IT WAS A PLAYOFF GAME

(07-29-2019, 04:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Now show me those who've done it more than 1 time in 8 seasons.

I'm not showing you shit. They're out there. Find them yourself. I already got you started. 

It's like ***** kindergarten in here.

(07-29-2019, 04:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Are you fred's freaking twin?

No. I'm better looking.

(07-29-2019, 04:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've never once said (something/anything) doesn't count. You ***** keep saying that and it's starting to piss me off. 

Well, sorry, considering people have posted times where Dalton was clutch, but you've dismissed them for one reason or another, you are, in effect, saying those games don't count. 

(07-29-2019, 04:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dalton's FG only tied the game. Brady's FG won the game. 

See the difference?

Yes. 

A game winning drive that happens at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon is the same as a game winning drive that happens at 8:30pm on a Sunday/Monday/Thursday evening. 

See the similarity?

(07-29-2019, 04:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why do you work so damn hard to defend an average QB?

Because he's above average. Why do you work so hard to make an above average or even just plain average QB look worse than he is?

(07-29-2019, 04:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: IT WAS A PLAYOFF GAME

So? Sunday afternoon games don't count according to you.

Smirk

(07-29-2019, 04:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not showing you shit. They're out there. Find them yourself. I already got you started. 

No. You want to make Dalton look worse than he is by saying his clutchness on Sunday afternoons don't count, then show how bad he really is by showing all these other clearly superior QBs having more than 1 game in 8 seasons where they drove down the field for the win on games that don't start on Sundays at 1.

You made the claim. Back it up. 

RE: Dalton's make or break year - fredtoast - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 04:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's like ***** kindergarten in here.

No kidding.

Kindergarten kids are famous for making stuff up and then telling other people they have to prove it.

And getting mad enough to cuss when someone has the audacity to ask them back up something they claim is true.

(07-29-2019, 04:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, sorry, considering people have posted times where Dalton was clutch, but you've dismissed them for one reason or another, you are, in effect, saying those games don't count. 
No i haven't and no i'm not. I've already said he's been clutch on Sunday afternoon. You read the posts?

Because he's above average.
No he's not. 

Kindergarten