Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dalton's make or break year - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dalton's make or break year (/Thread-Dalton-s-make-or-break-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Dalton's make or break year - rfaulk34 - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No kidding.

Kindergarten kids are famous for making stuff up and then telling other people they have to prove it.

And getting mad enough to cuss when someone has the audacity to ask them back up something they claim is true.

Twinzies

(07-29-2019, 04:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No. You want to make Dalton look worse than he is by saying his clutchness on Sunday afternoons don't count, then show how bad he really is by showing all these other clearly superior QBs having more than 1 game in 8 seasons where they drove down the field for the win on games that don't start on Sundays at 1.

You made the claim. Back it up. 

Ok. If you insist, when i'm home tonight and have time, i will get you a list.

Just be prepared to feel, at the least, silly. At the most, completely embarrassed that you don't think good QBs have GWD in primetime and playoffs. 

(07-29-2019, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No kidding.

Kindergarten kids are famous for making stuff up and then telling other people they have to prove it.

And getting mad enough to cuss when someone has the audacity to ask them back up something they claim is true.

Why don't you go tell someone else to stop making stuff up...right after you've made a post where you make stuff up...

(07-29-2019, 05:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok. If you insist, when i'm home tonight and have time, i will get you a list.

Just be prepared to feel, at the least, silly. At the most, completely embarrassed that you don't think good QBs have GWD in primetime and playoffs. 

I changed my mind. Dalton has done it 0 times.

I showed you that Brady (your example) did it twice, just last year and i showed you 4 other examples of QBs doing it last year. All in a very short span of time.

I don't need to waste any more time finding examples of QBs doing it more than once. 

RE: Dalton's make or break year - PhilHos - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 04:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Kindergarten

You are literally sticking your fingers in your ear and saying "Nu uh" and you're trying to make it seem like *I* am the kindergartner?  Whatever

(07-29-2019, 05:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok. If you insist, when i'm home tonight and have time, i will get you a list.

No, I know they do. But Tom Brady has 1 in the last 8 seasons. Is he not good?

Also, you should already feel embarrassed that you think a QB is not clutch if their GWDs happen on Sunday afternoon.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - rfaulk34 - 07-30-2019

(07-30-2019, 01:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I know they do. But Tom Brady has 1 in the last 8 seasons. Is he not good?

Also, you should already feel embarrassed that you think a QB is not clutch if their GWDs happen on Sunday afternoon.

You don't read good.  Mellow

(07-29-2019, 05:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I changed my mind. Dalton has done it 0 times.

I showed you that Brady (your example) did it twice, just last year and i showed you 4 other examples of QBs doing it last year. All in a very short span of time.

I don't need to waste any more time finding examples of QBs doing it more than once. 

Dalton is T-27th in NFL history in GWD and 8th among active QBs. Yeah, such a non-clutch, below average QB. Rolleyes

EDIT: and every single active QB ahead of him on the list has been in the league longer than Dalton.

(07-30-2019, 01:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't read good.  Mellow

You don't speak well.  Mellow

(07-30-2019, 01:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: But Tom Brady has 1 in the last 8 seasons. Is he not good?
He had 2 last year and he did it in the SB against the Falcons at the end of regulation and in overtime. 

(07-30-2019, 01:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dalton is T-27th in NFL history in GWD and 8th among active QBs. Yeah, such a non-clutch, below average QB. Rolleyes

EDIT: and every single active QB ahead of him on the list has been in the league longer than Dalton.

Why don't you read some of the thread and stop just blowing smoke out of your arse. 

You don't even know what the argument is about.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - fredtoast - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 02:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: All that "doesn't count" stuff is more of your made up bull dookey. Your gasoline soaked strawmen. 

Since Dalton entered the league in 2011 only one QB has more "fourth quarter comebacks" than Dalton and only 2 have more "Fourth quarter game winning drives".

If ALL games count then why don't you consider Dalton a "clutch" QB.

(07-29-2019, 04:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Goff did it against the Saints last year in the playoffs.

Goff's drive in the final minutes of the game was a failure because he only got a game tying FG instead of a td.  

The overtime FG was with 11 minutes left so no time pressure involved.

(07-29-2019, 05:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't need to waste any more time finding examples of QBs doing it more than once. 

So far you have provided examples of three QB who have done it.

Are you saying there are only 3 good QBs in the NFL?

(07-30-2019, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Dalton entered the league in 2011 only one QB has more "fourth quarter comebacks" than Dalton and only 2 have more "Fourth quarter game winning drives".

If ALL games count then why don't you consider Dalton a "clutch" QB.

Fail. I guess you already forgot the premise, if you ever really understood it.

(07-30-2019, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Goff's drive in the final minutes of the game was a failure because he only got a game tying FG instead of a td.  

The overtime FG was with 11 minutes left so no time pressure involved.

Fail. It gave the Rams the win. The game was over when the kick went through. 

(07-30-2019, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So far you have provided examples of three QB who have done it.

Are you saying there are only 3 good QBs in the NFL?

Fail. No explanation necessary.

(07-30-2019, 02:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fail. I guess you already forgot the premise, if you ever really understood it.

No.  I remember perfectly well.  No games count except prime time and playoff.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Catmandude123 - 07-30-2019

(07-30-2019, 01:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dalton is T-27th in NFL history in GWD and 8th among active QBs. Yeah, such a non-clutch, below average QB. Rolleyes

The poorer you play in the first three quarters only gives you a lot more chances to come back. While the top ones played more game did they fall behind as much as Dalton and the Bengals did? BTW I won't look it up for you.

(07-30-2019, 02:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fail. It gave the Rams the win. The game was over when the kick went through. 

So now you have changed the rules so that the pressure of clock management no longer matters?

The game winning points can come with 11 minutes left?

(07-20-2019, 04:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I didn't read the last couple pages because i have a question. 

All of the great QBs that have been mentioned, at some point or another, has overcome adversity around them in a crucial game to pull it out. 

Can anyone list the Sunday night, Monday night or playoff game(s) where Dalton has overcome adversity around him to lead the team to a win? Is there even one in a 8 year career? I'm asking because none pop out in my head right now. The final game of '12 where they beat the Steelers on the road--where he threw the pass to AJ before the winning FG--comes to mind. The Monday night(?) game against Denver maybe? He didn't even have 200 yds passing but he had a 93 rating. 

I'm wondering because, as i said, the great one's will do that a time or two and i'm interested if Dalton has ever done it.

Here's a refresher for anyone having trouble following along with my question. 

I'll be happy to take out "adversity" and him having to do it all on his own. 

It's pretty simple to understand. When QBs are talked about and put into tiers, it's done for a reason. QBs are elevated based on how they perform in "bigger games" (not what i consider bigger games, what most people consider big games--playoffs and prime time)

Who, other than some Bengals fans, consider Dalton to be one of the better QBs in the league (top 10ish)? No one.

My question is the reason he's not. He hasn't done it under the lights, when everyone is watching, i.e., higher profile games.

He is what he's considered to be by the majority of NFL fans and pundits; a good QB, but nothing special. 

(07-30-2019, 02:31 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The poorer you play in the first three quarters only gives you a lot more chances to come back. While the top ones played more game did they fall behind as much as Dalton and the Bengals did? BTW I won't look it up for you.

You should address this comment to RFaulk since he was the first one to claim that coming from behind to win was a sign of a good QB.

I can't find the numbers by QB, but by team the Bengals are in the bottom half of the league (19th) in number of games in which they trailed at some point since 2011, but they are 8th in winning percentage in games where they had to come from behind.