Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dalton's make or break year - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dalton's make or break year (/Thread-Dalton-s-make-or-break-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Dalton's make or break year - rfaulk34 - 07-30-2019

(07-30-2019, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I remember perfectly well.  No games count except prime time and playoff.
[url=https://66.media.tumblr.com/58d33ffb888c171d411208bdac7f3fc7/tumblr_o7i6wr9kPv1v78bw7o3_500.gif][/url]
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(07-30-2019, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So now you have changed the rules so that the pressure of clock management no longer matters?

The game winning points can come with 11 minutes left?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: Dalton's make or break year - fredtoast - 07-30-2019

(07-30-2019, 02:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My question is the reason he's not. He hasn't done it under the lights, when everyone is watching, i.e., higher profile games.

You mean like throwing 4 tds against the number one defense in the league?

How can you call a QB who does that "good"?

Rolleyes

(07-30-2019, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean like throwing 4 tds against the number one defense in the league?

How can you call a QB who does that "good"?

Rolleyes

Right. Because 1 game is = to a career. 

Bortles threw 4 against the Ravens in '17. Maybe he's better than "good" too...

RE: Dalton's make or break year - PhilHos - 07-31-2019

(07-30-2019, 03:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right. Because 1 game is = to a career. 

But 3 games in a single season is? 

RE: Dalton's make or break year - fredtoast - 07-31-2019

(07-30-2019, 03:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right. Because 1 game is = to a career. 

Bortles threw 4 against the Ravens in '17. Maybe he's better than "good" too...

You are talking in circles.

First you say Dalton can't play well when the lights are on and that is all that matters.

When I show you Dalton can play well when the lights are on you then say we have to look at his entire career.

So which is it?

RE: Dalton's make or break year - rfaulk34 - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 10:41 AM)PhilHos Wrote: But 3 games in a single season is? 

Damn man, you're bad at this...

Why do you refuse to read my original question? I just re-posted it a couple posts above this. 

(07-31-2019, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are talking in circles.

First you say Dalton can't play well when the lights are on and that is all that matters.

When I show you Dalton can play well when the lights are on you then say we have to look at his entire career.

So which is it?

If you type that one more time, i'm putting you on ignore. 

I just re-posted my original question a couple posts up. If you can't answer that question and quit making up other stuff to go along with it, i'll just stop replying to your posts. 

For the last time, i never once stated he couldn't play well--under the lights or otherwise--i'm looking for the game that puts him in the conversation as one of the better QBs in the league.  That discussion usually happens when QBs up their play under the lights or in the post season. A game or two in an 8 year career where he plays a great half, or has a "good" game won't start that conversation for him. 

Currently, no one other than some Bengals fans think he is anything more than an average QB. 

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Synric - 07-31-2019

In 2018 Andy Dalton was tied for third with four game winning drives. Four out of the five wins Dalton was part of he had to come back and win.

(07-31-2019, 12:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Damn man, you're bad at this...

Why do you refuse to read my original question? I just re-posted it a couple posts above this. 

I respond to the posts I quote. You can't force me to respond to others.

(07-31-2019, 12:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you type that one more time, i'm putting you on ignore. 

I just re-posted my original question a couple posts up. If you can't answer that question and quit making up other stuff to go along with it, i'll just stop replying to your posts. 

For the last time, i never once stated he couldn't play well--under the lights or otherwise--i'm looking for the game that puts him in the conversation as one of the better QBs in the league.  That discussion usually happens when QBs up their play under the lights or in the post season. A game or two in an 8 year career where he plays a great half, or has a "good" game won't start that conversation for him. 

Currently, no one other than some Bengals fans think he is anything more than an average QB. 

Seems that if the only way to judge if a QB is one of the better ones in the league is prime time play then everyone would immediately cite the prime time game that defines all of the really good QBs.  But the truth is that most people decide who is the bets QB by the way they play in ALL games.  And for some reason that does not apply to Dalton.

Pretty funny that you claim the only way you judge the better QBs in the league is prime time games, but when asked to list those prime time games you say you can't do it.  How many have you came up with so far that have played well in more than "a game or two"?

If prime time play was what really defined a good QB then every fan would be able to cite the exact prime time game that mad each QB great.  

(07-31-2019, 12:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Currently, no one other than some Bengals fans think he is anything more than an average QB. 

False; Marvin Lewis, AJ Green, Bill Belicheck, and Bill Polian just to name a few have all said he's a good QB.

(07-31-2019, 12:51 PM)Synric Wrote: In 2018 Andy Dalton was tied for third with four game winning drives. Four out of the five wins Dalton was part of he had to come back and win.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's bad? When did getting wins become a bad thing?

(07-31-2019, 12:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A game or two in an 8 year career where he plays a great half, or has a "good" game won't start that conversation for him. 

Hilarious 

This is getting hilarious.

First he "never did it even once".  Then when it was pointed out that he had done it you claim "a game or two" won't do it.

But for some reason you are unable to come up with more than "a game or two" for all the QBs you claim to be great.  Why do you even have to do any research?  If good QBs are defined by great prime time performances then right off the top of your head you should be able to list the defining games for each great QB.

RE: Dalton's make or break year - Synric - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 01:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's bad? When did getting wins become a bad thing?

Never said it was bad. Seen a few people saying he doesnt close games well they are wrong just in 2018 he did it 4 times which was tied for 3rd and he only played part of the season.

He almost had 5 going up by 1 against Pittsburgh but the defense gave that one up.

Edit: And if someone wanted to compile all of Dalton stats per Quarter I'd bet the 4th quarter is his best.

(07-31-2019, 01:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Never said it was bad. Seen a few people saying he doesnt close games well they are wrong just in 2018 he did it 4 times which was tied for 3rd and he only played part of the season.

He almost had 5 going up by 1 against Pittsburgh but the defense gave that one up.

Edit: And if someone wanted to compile all of Dalton stats per Quarter I'd bet the 4th quarter is his best.

My apologies. You made it seem like it was a bad thing. 

Keep the faith, brother.  ThumbsUp

(07-31-2019, 01:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Edit: And if someone wanted to compile all of Dalton stats per Quarter I'd bet the 4th quarter is his best.

According to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00/splits/, 4th QTR is Dalton's worst (82.8 QB rating) and the 1st QTR is his best (96.0 QB rating).

(07-31-2019, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And for some reason that does not apply to Dalton.

Yeah. Must be some big conspiracy. Rolleyes

(07-31-2019, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If prime time play was what really defined a good QB then every fan would be able to cite the exact prime time game that mad each QB great.  

Not JUST prime time games (there you go again). Higher profile games. 

That should be self-evident.

(07-31-2019, 01:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's bad? When did getting wins become a bad thing?

Why are you just assuming he thinks it's bad?

Hint: He's not. 

I think it's that whole 'lack of attention' problem.