Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Football is Near - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Football is Near (/Thread-Football-is-Near)

Pages: 1 2

Football is Near - Luvnit2 - 07-13-2019

I can see the light, it has been a long off season due to a bad 2018. Many fans are testy and itching to talk about the future, a future team we will see soon as camp starts and we head into 2019 preseason and then to September regular season.

We have almost made it, I know it is tough as we get on each other's nerves as we recycle comments and thoughts out of boredom. But, we can't forget, we are all fans who love this team, so let's stick together and always debate respectfully.

I am not overly optimistic for 2019, but I will try and be. The team has surpassed expectations in the past, one year we were ranked 32nd and made playoffs so maybe 2019 will surprise me, maybe ZT and new staff will ignite and develop a winner. I hope so.

So congrats to all for getting through (almost) a long off season and not hurting anyone in the forum.

RE: Football is Near - Tiger Teeth - 07-13-2019

ThumbsUp

RE: Football is Near - treee - 07-14-2019

Less than 1 month away from the first preseason game. About time. The season always goes by in the blink of an eye and the off-season always takes forever.

RE: Football is Near - Destro - 07-14-2019

[Image: 2d4r75.jpg]

RE: Football is Near - HarleyDog - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 10:51 AM)treee Wrote: Less than 1 month away from the first preseason game. About time. The season always goes by in the blink of an eye and the off-season always takes forever.

Sure does. Specially this season. Feels like it’s been 3yrs.

RE: Football is Near - SunsetBengal - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 12:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sure does. Specially this season. Feels like it’s been 3yrs.

Yep, everyone anxious to see how the team looks under it's new leadership.

RE: Football is Near - yellowxdiscipline - 07-14-2019

Yesterday I broke down and watched Canadian football.

RE: Football is Near - Luvnit2 - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 12:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sure does. Specially this season. Feels like it’s been 3yrs.

I agree.

It would have been longer if ML was not replaced. At least new coaching staff gave us some hope (so we can stay somewhat positive). We could only discuss AD, our weak OL and our horrible 2018 defense so much until it gets repetitive. 

RE: Football is Near - rfaulk34 - 07-14-2019

Give me 2 more months of summer so i can enjoy my pool and new deck some more. 

RE: Football is Near - Goalpost - 07-14-2019

So they open up training camp in Dayton on the 27th for 1 day. Then it is back to the field west of Paul Brown stadium for regular practices beginning the 28th. Less than two weeks. Hard to believe.

RE: Football is Near - HarleyDog - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 04:08 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So they open up training camp in Dayton on the 27th for 1 day.  Then it is back to the field west of Paul Brown stadium for regular practices beginning the 28th. Less than two weeks.  Hard to believe.

Yes, I hope to go to the one in Dayton. Plan on showing up at 6am and tailgating. Bringing a keg of beer, the grill, and cornhole. Well, really I'm not but sounded good. I do hope to go tho. Wife is pretty pissed at me right now and she has my mancard. We shall see.

RE: Football is Near - Nately120 - 07-14-2019

(07-14-2019, 12:35 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Yesterday I broke down and watched Canadian football.

All joking aside, I started watching the CFL last year and I quite like it.  At first it seems too different to handle, but it's pretty brisk and interesting and the different rules make it seem more like odd football rather than crappy football like the AAF and XFL did.  It's no replacement for the NFL, but it's a pretty cool thing to keep a casual eye on.

RE: Football is Near - grampahol - 07-14-2019

Oh c'mon.. Who doesn't just LOVE regurgitating old Marvin discussions? Since we still have players left from the marvin era and will for some time they're be plenty of regurgitated Marvinspeak topics to discuss forever!  Just think, someday even your grandkids will be telling their friends of how their grandfathers LOVED old Coach Lewis and couldn't wait for him to kick off with the team owner on the same day in some fiery plane crash into a sewage plant !  ThumbsUp

RE: Football is Near - WestCoastBengalsFan - 07-15-2019

(07-13-2019, 07:34 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can see the light, it has been a long off season due to a bad 2018. Many fans are testy and itching to talk about the future, a future team we will see soon as camp starts and we head into 2019 preseason and then to September regular season.

We have almost made it, I know it is tough as we get on each other's nerves as we recycle comments and thoughts out of boredom. But, we can't forget, we are all fans who love this team, so let's stick together and always debate respectfully.

I am not overly optimistic for 2019, but I will try and be. The team has surpassed expectations in the past, one year we were ranked 32nd and made playoffs so maybe 2019 will surprise me, maybe ZT and new staff will ignite and develop a winner. I hope so.

So congrats to all for getting through (almost) a long off season and not hurting anyone in the forum.

Here! Here! I think we're going to do well this year and I'm pumped up for foozeballz to start again!

RE: Football is Near - XenoMorph - 07-17-2019

10 days left till camp starts.. Who-dey

RE: Football is Near - jj22 - 07-17-2019

We've (almost) survived the longest stretch of every offseason.

RE: Football is Near - Luvnit2 - 07-17-2019

(07-17-2019, 11:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: We've (almost) survived the longest stretch of every offseason.

Yep, it is hard too after the draft, FA is mostly done so not much new player news so we go back to dissecting our QB over and over again. Since he has been here a long time, we get the same arguments (good or bad) on if he can get us to a Super Bowl win. 

As I said, good news almost here so we can discuss more current events like the 2019 preseason, then season.

RE: Football is Near - Kingslayer - 07-17-2019

I am very anxious and cautiously optimistic. See how well the Oline and linebackers do

RE: Football is Near - AussieBengal - 07-18-2019

(07-14-2019, 12:35 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Yesterday I broke down and watched Canadian football.

Check this out instead!

RE: Football is Near - SHRacerX - 07-18-2019

(07-14-2019, 12:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Give me 2 more months of summer so i can enjoy my pool and new deck some more. 

That is the challenge about this...I don't want to wish away summer (fall is my fav anyways) but damn, the Reds are starting to waive the white flag and I need some football!