Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
QB candidates for 2020 Draft - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: QB candidates for 2020 Draft (/Thread-QB-candidates-for-2020-Draft)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - Synric - 11-09-2019

Joe Burrow made plays every way you can today...including looking good making a wrap up tackle after an interception, but Tua Tagovailoa looked really good throwing the football...

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - bfine32 - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 09:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Joe Burrow made plays every way you can today...including looking good making a wrap up tackle after an interception, but Tua Tagovailoa looked really good throwing the football...

IMO Tua came back too early. Burrow looked all-world first half and showed enough moxy to hang on the second half. Really torn on who's the best. The ball flew out of Tua's hand, but Burrow dropped dimes and made plays with his feet. I don't think either has the raw skills of Herbert. 

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - Fullrock - 11-09-2019

I mean one can dream...

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - Synric - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO Tua came back too early. Burrow looked all-world first half and showed enough moxy to hang on the second half. Really torn on who's the best. The ball flew out of Tua's hand, but Burrow dropped dimes and made plays with his feet. I don't think either has the raw skills of Herbert. 

Same...although when the network explained Tua's ankle surgery it looked like washer A and Screw D when putting together something from IKEA.

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - jason - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He likely has more talent around him at LSU than he would here.

Better coaching for sure...

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - TKUHL - 11-09-2019

Burrow looked like the better QB today. Tua made some bad decisions in this game. I’m kinda done with the batted passes at the line anyway. So yea bring on Burrow and Joe Brady as OC.

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - SunsetBengal - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 10:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Same...although when the network explained Tua's ankle surgery it looked like washer A and Screw D when putting together something from IKEA.

Yeah, that shouldn't present problems for him, later on..  

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - Luvnit2 - 11-09-2019

Wow, what an offensive performance by both teams and both QB's. On one hand Tua was limited, he could use his feet at all due to ankle injury. But, he played the weaker defense. Burrow missed a few throws, but showed great accuracy with any throw 20 to 25 yards or less. Here is my take on both:

Both are highly competitive and clutch. Slight edge to Burrow showing more fire in his belly.

Burrow showed he is fast and elusive. Tua is a did not compete today due to injury (not his fault).

Burrow is more accurate with short passing game and the equal medium. Tua seemed fr and away more accurate deep, but since Burrow did not throw many deep passes, hard to judge.

My take off just this one game, Burrow will develop into a franchise QB. Tua may also.

The combine will be very interesting.

But, both are winners and great college QB's.

Side note, is Burrow an Ohio boy or just started college at OSU?

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - SunsetBengal - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 11:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wow, what an offensive performance by both teams and both QB's. On one hand Tua was limited, he could use his feet at all due to ankle injury. But, he played the weaker defense. Burrow missed a few throws, but showed great accuracy with any throw 20 to 25 yards or less. Here is my take on both:

Both are highly competitive and clutch. Slight edge to Burrow showing more fire in his belly.

Burrow showed he is fast and elusive. Tua is a did not compete today due to injury (not his fault).

Burrow is more accurate with short passing game and the equal medium. Tua seemed fr and away more accurate deep, but since Burrow did not throw many deep passes, hard to judge.

My take off just this one game, Burrow will develop into a franchise QB. Tua may also.

The combine will be very interesting.

But, both are winners and great college QB's.

Side note, is Burrow an Ohio boy or just started college at OSU?

Burrow is a home grown Ohio product.  He's from Athens Oh., the son of the HS Football Coach.  He was Ohio's Mr. Football his Senior year.

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - SunsetBengal - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 08:58 PM)pally Wrote: Bungle for Burrow?

That does have a nice ring to it.

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - bfine32 - 11-10-2019

We need a forum for all this draft talk

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - Luvnit2 - 11-10-2019

The season is essentially over, I think this is a great place for draft talk.

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - Nicomo Cosca - 11-10-2019

I’ve heard he’s not a top 5 pick...

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - psychdoctor - 11-10-2019

Burrow is is the all around best QB to come out in years. He is compared to Tom Brady and P. Manning. If the Bengals could draft him, they would not have to worry for a QB for years. My only concern about Burrow is his attitude. I think he makes great decisions and calls at the LOS.

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - psychdoctor - 11-10-2019

Many of us have been Burrow fans for 20 pages on a thread in the Draft Central top, where this thread needs to be moved.

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - BURROWorBUST - 11-10-2019

(11-10-2019, 12:31 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Burrow is is the all around best QB to come out in years.  He is compared to Tom Brady and P. Manning.  If the Bengals could draft him, they would not have to worry for a QB for years.  My only concern about Burrow is his attitude.  I think he makes great decisions and calls at the LOS.

I love his attitude. Reminds me of Favre in many ways. He'll mature.

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - J24 - 11-10-2019

I would draft Tua over Burrow but in all honesty I'm looking to trade the pick. Burrow scares me because 1) he is a one year wonder and 2.) Do I want to put that much pressure on a hometown kid?
I'm uncomfortable drafting a QB because the situation is so terrible right now on offense. No running game, bad offensive line, and a bad Defense. Hopefully we make some free agent moves to help the situation. So if we draft a QB he can be in a winnable situation.

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - J24 - 11-10-2019

They need to keep an open mind on who to draft and not already have a decision made up in there heads. Way too early in the process. I like both Tua and Burrow but neither are perfect prospects.

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - mikey6866 - 11-10-2019

To draft burrow over tua would be the most bengal thing ever.

RE: Bengals need to draft Burrow - Nicomo Cosca - 11-10-2019

(11-10-2019, 09:13 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: To draft burrow over tua would be the most bengal thing ever.

Umm...no. Drafting the player who’s had injuries and already had at least one surgery would be the most Bengals thing ever.