Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
QB candidates for 2020 Draft - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: QB candidates for 2020 Draft (/Thread-QB-candidates-for-2020-Draft)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - rfaulk34 - 11-10-2019

(11-10-2019, 12:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would we have to run? We'll have the first pick.

Wait...

Wait just a second.

Someone said "run"...and you didn't tell your story?

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - yellowxdiscipline - 11-10-2019

(11-10-2019, 12:41 PM)kevin Wrote: If this team drafts QB #1 with all the needs on O Line and Defense, I give up on them.  They can go 0-16 every season with this WEAK finesse player team of no big studs to Block or Tackle.   I can see taking the Ohio State edge rusher or the Georgia blocking tackle #1, but not adding this QB not even rated for the #1 pick in the draft.  That's a REACH for a QB, when the Bengals could actually use the players ESPN & CBS have slated as best in the draft.   Best in the draft per most sites is the Ohio State edge rusher, and if he is that big a difference maker on Defense, get his butt in here, we need huge help on Defense. 

I don't even want a QB drafted in 2020.   This team should draft all Blockers and Tacklers because Bengals are Weak, Weak, Weak.   They can't put on the Big Boy pants and Man Up with any team.  They are the Worst Team in NFL in the trenches, both sides of the ball, and that is why they are 1-15 over the last 16 games.  Soon to be 1-16 after Ravens game.    This Weak team needs picks in the Front 5 Blockers and The Front 7 Tacklers.  Thinking any quarterback can come in here and just keep the same Weak players is just more being Weak.  This team needs to get Tougher, as when Forrest Gregg said it when he came in.  

I'm not rooting for Bengals to go 0-16, but 1-15 seems very possible, but not because of QB position, they just can't man up on either side of The Trenches.   ESPN and CBS are saying the Ohio State edge rusher is #1, and why argue that, Bengals stink on Defense so grab him.  Then get the Bama Linebacker and some   Blockers in here.  

I like your idea of thinking SEC, but go Tacklers and Blockers.  The Ohio State edge rusher in 1 and the Bama linebacker in 2 is what Steelers would do if they were getting as weak on defense as  Bengals are.  Then in 3 and 4 go out and get some Blockers because these guys for Bengals Stink.  So no Burroiw or Tua or any QB.   Chase Young in 1 as per ESPN and CBS,  and Dylan Moses the LB from Alabama in 2.   Then go out and get some blockers like Landon Dickerson from Alabama.   Just because they are Bengals doesn't mean they have to be pussycats in the trenches and draft more finesse players.  Get some BIG BOYS to Tackle and Block because this is the weakest team in the NFL.

Yea man Im not passing up on a guy like Burrow.

(11-10-2019, 12:58 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I wouldn't even waste a 2nd on Tua

Um...

lol

(11-10-2019, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You have to at least give them credit for our last 2 big QB picks though. Especially Dalton. We could have ended up with a REALLY bad QB from that draft class.

Yeah, somewhat. Dalton, i believe was a Gruden thing and i trust him more than the Bengals. Carson was a no brainer. 

So...tbh, i'm not giving the Bengals too much credit since it seems the reports are, in 2011, Brown wanted someone else and they ended up listening to others and went Dalton. 

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - J24 - 11-10-2019

(11-10-2019, 02:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, somewhat. Dalton, i believe was a Gruden thing and i trust him more than the Bengals. Carson was a no brainer. 

So...tbh, i'm not giving the Bengals too much credit since it seems the reports are, in 2011, Brown wanted someone else and they ended up listening to others and went Dalton. 
Wasn't it Kapernick?

(11-10-2019, 02:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Wasn't it Kapernick?

Kaep or Mallett. I can never remember because both names have been thrown around over the years. 

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - mikey6866 - 11-10-2019

(11-10-2019, 01:35 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-2020-nfl-mock-draft-lsu-quarterback-joe-burrow-goes-no-1-overall-to-cincinnati-bengals

This isnt the only top draft source to say this....Draft Network Locked on Draft and Draft Dudes podcasts say the same thing.

As to who's better downfield passing....

https://www.pff.com/news/college-matchups-to-decide-lsu-alabama-in-week-11s-marquee-matchup

[Image: Tua-vs-Joe.png]

Lol so you think because some dude wrote on the internet that burrow got a stronger arm it proves your point.  Linking a 3rd party source where you obviously got your opinion from is laughable.  This is getting funnier by the minute.  Put on their tape and watch it.  If you think burrow got a stronger arm your either extremely biased or blind.  I wont link to any 3rd party sites that say burrow has a noodle for an arm because I dont need to.  Ill just revive this thread in a few years and laugh.

Ok...for all those arguing, keep this in mind...

Look at how Burrow played against Alabama, while under pressure. His mobility and accuracy under pressure are 2 very important things. The reason they are more important against a team like Alabama is because they're usually one of the closest defenses to what a QB will face in the NFL as far as speed, size and talent. 

Joe played very well yesterday but the thing to keep in mind; when he gets to the NFL next year, he's not going to be noticibly more elusive and fast. NFL defenses, though, will be noticibly bigger, stronger and faster than what he saw in college. 

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - Synric - 11-10-2019

(11-10-2019, 02:48 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Lol so you think because some dude wrote on the internet that burrow got a stronger arm it proves your point.  Linking a 3rd party source where you obviously got your opinion from is laughable.  This is getting funnier by the minute.  Put on their tape and watch it.  If you think burrow got a stronger arm your either extremely biased or blind.  I wont link to any 3rd party sites that say burrow has a noodle for an arm because I dont need to.  Ill just revive this thread in a few years and laugh.

You're right two seperate respected football sources are wrong...  Ninja 

(11-10-2019, 02:48 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Lol so you think because some dude wrote on the internet that burrow got a stronger arm it proves your point.  Linking a 3rd party source where you obviously got your opinion from is laughable.  This is getting funnier by the minute.  Put on their tape and watch it.  If you think burrow got a stronger arm your either extremely biased or blind.  I wont link to any 3rd party sites that say burrow has a noodle for an arm because I dont need to.  Ill just revive this thread in a few years and laugh.

Tua looks to me to have a stronger arm. 

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - Synric - 11-10-2019

(11-10-2019, 03:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tua looks to me to have a stronger arm. 

Its deceiving. Tua throws the ball so perfectly every throw and it's always in the right spot. It looks like it's coming out of a jugs machine. The ball just jumps out of hand and in a perfect spiral.

Joe has a better arm than people realize last night he threw a 8 yard out from the far hash and it was on a rope. It even surprised the safety who was gonna jump the route how fast it got there. I think people forget a 8 to 10 yard out to the sideline from the far hash is actually a 40 yard throw.

Bungle for Burrow - Kingslayer - 11-10-2019

I saw a fan at the game with a paper bag on his head saying "Bungle for Burrow"

Cracked me up

RE: Bungle for Burrow - RunKijanaRun - 11-10-2019

We’ll **** him up too. Matters not.

RE: Bungle for Burrow - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-10-2019

After what I saw today I think the Bengals need to draft defense, defense, and more defense.

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - OswaldsLegacy - 11-11-2019

(11-10-2019, 02:39 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Yea man Im not passing up on a guy like Burrow.

His post are hard to read, but he isn't wrong.

I would pass on the QBs to improve the areas we really need to improve upon.  Mainly OLine.

I know that we failed in the past to hit on the OLine with Og, Fisher and Price all failing us badly.  However we don't know if Williams is a stud or not and if he isn't then that would make the QB pick a wasted one.  

I don't want Chase Young, but I would take Thomas in a heartbeat.  Bring in Thomas as insurance if Williams blows or if Williams pans out and Thomas is what he looks like at Georgia then you now have RT and LT fixed as both can play either side.

He has us taking Defense 1 and 2.  I would do him better and go OLine, not just 1 and 2, but 1,2 and 3.  If Kindley is there at 2 then run up and grab him, if he isn't then Ben Bredeson would be a great pick up.  Follow that up by grabbing Tyler Biadasz in the 3rd. 

We are that bad at OLine, so invest as many picks as you can to build it up as much as you can. 

Williams, Kindley (or Bredeson), Biadasz, Hopkins, Thomas

With luck and good coaching that should be a top OLine unit and good for many years. 

I know they say Offense wins games, but defense wins Championships.  However it looks to be faulty as any good to great offense can usually beat good to great defenses and any time you can score at will you have a chance to win the game.

Just so you don't think I am completely neglecting the defense, I think Joe Bachie would be a steal in the 4th round and Jabari Zuniga seems to be the do it all LBer (though he has missed games due to injury) or Josh Uche.

I know how tempting it is to get a guy like Burrows (I like Jacob Eason myself), but I see the bigger needs and QB just doesn't seem to be it.  Of course we botched it with Dalton and now have to roll with Finley or draft one which sucks.

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - seahawkscheat - 11-11-2019

Burrow will be a bust

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - rfaulk34 - 11-11-2019

(11-10-2019, 03:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Its deceiving. Tua throws the ball so perfectly every throw and it's always in the right spot. It looks like it's coming out of a jugs machine. The ball just jumps out of hand and in a perfect spiral.

Joe has a better arm than people realize last night he threw a 8 yard out from the far hash and it was on a rope. It even surprised the safety who was gonna jump the route how fast it got there. I think people forget a 8 to 10 yard out to the sideline from the far hash is actually a 40 yard throw.

They both have a strong enough arm, it shouldn't even be a question. 

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - rfaulk34 - 11-11-2019

(11-11-2019, 12:07 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: His post are hard to read, but he isn't wrong.

I would pass on the QBs to improve the areas we really need to improve upon.  Mainly OLine.

I know that we failed in the past to hit on the OLine with Og, Fisher and Price all failing us badly.  However we don't know if Williams is a stud or not and if he isn't then that would make the QB pick a wasted one.  

I don't want Chase Young, but I would take Thomas in a heartbeat.  Bring in Thomas as insurance if Williams blows or if Williams pans out and Thomas is what he looks like at Georgia then you now have RT and LT fixed as both can play either side.

He has us taking Defense 1 and 2.  I would do him better and go OLine, not just 1 and 2, but 1,2 and 3.  If Kindley is there at 2 then run up and grab him, if he isn't then Ben Bredeson would be a great pick up.  Follow that up by grabbing Tyler Biadasz in the 3rd. 

We are that bad at OLine, so invest as many picks as you can to build it up as much as you can. 

Williams, Kindley (or Bredeson), Biadasz, Hopkins, Thomas

With luck and good coaching that should be a top OLine unit and good for many years. 

I know they say Offense wins games, but defense wins Championships.  However it looks to be faulty as any good to great offense can usually beat good to great defenses and any time you can score at will you have a chance to win the game.

Just so you don't think I am completely neglecting the defense, I think Joe Bachie would be a steal in the 4th round and Jabari Zuniga seems to be the do it all LBer (though he has missed games due to injury) or Josh Uche.

I know how tempting it is to get a guy like Burrows (I like Jacob Eason myself), but I see the bigger needs and QB just doesn't seem to be it.  Of course we botched it with Dalton and now have to roll with Finley or draft one which sucks.

Og and Fisher were busts, but way more than not, top 10 Ts pan out pretty well. Neither of them were top 10 talent, but more on that later.

If those assholes down at the stadium at least had a plan; draft for O, FA for D, then at least it's a plan i could somewhat get on board with (providing they spend the damn money in FA) but i don't have a shred of hope that they can do this. They will just use all their alloted draft slots like they always do and try to do 50/50 between offense and defense. 

Re: Oline. In 2015, between Og and Fisher, D.J. Humphries and Donovan Smith were picked and they've been average+, which just highlights how bad the Bengals are in evaluation. 

RE: QB candidates for 2020 Draft - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-13-2019

As bad as the Bengals’ offense is, they might consider drafting a backup punter.

QB candidates for 2020 Draft - Storer50 - 11-14-2019

I understand the flash of a new qb, but an oline with Thomas, kindley, biadasz, and Williams would be the best for the future of the franchise.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk