Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mike Brown interview - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mike Brown interview (/Thread-Mike-Brown-interview)

Pages: 1 2

Mike Brown interview - pally - 07-23-2019

He talked a bit about the leadership transition, length of the season, reenergized team

https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/07/23/cincinnati-bengals-president-mike-brown-discusses-2019-season-how-team-operates/1807910001/

RE: Mike Brown interview - I_C_DeadPeople - 07-24-2019

The NFL moves at the speed of sound but Mikey works at the speed of smell. He just now figured out that there are coaches with more modern approaches than Merv? And his comments on losing the fan base is comical.

RE: Mike Brown interview - Shake n Blake - 07-24-2019

For once in a Mike Brown interview, I didn't see any "forehead slapper" moments. He was almost inspirational and seems to be in very good spirits.

I'm glad for him. That said, I do wish he and his family were more hands off with the team.

RE: Mike Brown interview - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-24-2019

I NEVER bash the guy and I feel bad for saying this, but man does he look like a floating corpse head...

RE: Mike Brown interview - Awful Llama - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 03:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For once in a Mike Brown interview, I didn't see any "forehead slapper" moments. He was almost inspirational and seems to be in very good spirits.

I'm glad for him. That said, I do wish he and his family were more hands off with the team.

I honestly don't know that he could make me slap my forehead at this point.  He's a dispensary of antiquated metaphors and clichés on a constant loop.  I've heard his oblivious spiel so many times it no longer resonates.   He needs to sell the team so he and his family can ride off into the sunset and so we can have a team owner who cares more about winning than about padding his estate.  

RE: Mike Brown interview - grampahol - 07-24-2019

I'm surprised the interview wasn't redacted. Ehhh...I guess he might have actually learned at least  something about running a professional team. What that something might be??? That's one of life's great mysteries that probably should be redacted. 

RE: Mike Brown interview - Whatever - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 04:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I honestly don't know that he could make me slap my forehead at this point.  He's a dispensary of antiquated metaphors and clichés on a constant loop.  I've heard his oblivious spiel so many times it no longer resonates.   He needs to sell the team so he and his family can ride off into the sunset and so we can have a team owner who cares more about winning than about padding his estate.  

Problem is, there isn't a potential team owner out there that won't move the team out of Cincinnati at the earliest possible opportunity.  I'm sure Vince McMahon will give Hamilton County a sweet deal on an XFL expansion team, though.  

RE: Mike Brown interview - NKURyan - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 04:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm surprised the interview wasn't redacted. Ehhh...I guess he might have actually learned at least  something about running a professional team. What that something might be??? That's one of life's great mysteries that probably should be redacted. 

Pretty sure it wasn't the Bengals who redacted the report you're referring to... that was the politicians who made the deal.

RE: Mike Brown interview - J24 - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 04:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is, there isn't a potential team owner out there that won't move the team out of Cincinnati at the earliest possible opportunity.  I'm sure Vince McMahon will give Hamilton County a sweet deal on an XFL expansion team, though. 
Cincy is a top 30 metropolitan area in this country and top 40 TV market I doubt a owner would want to leave this market. 

RE: Mike Brown interview - WeezyBengal - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 05:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Cincy is a top 30 metropolitan area in this country and top 40 TV market I doubt a owner would want to leave this market. 

If the public doesnt want to pay for the another stadium, he will want to leave this market. Trust me. 

RE: Mike Brown interview - HarleyDog - 07-24-2019

He shit himself at 0:37.  Mellow

RE: Mike Brown interview - rfaulk34 - 07-24-2019

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Here is all i see...

[Image: WXqbOGf.gif]

P.S. Why don't ***** gifs work like they used to?  Rant

(07-24-2019, 04:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I honestly don't know that he could make me slap my forehead at this point.  He's a dispensary of antiquated metaphors and clichés on a constant loop.  I've heard his oblivious spiel so many times it no longer resonates.   He needs to sell the team so he and his family can ride off into the sunset and so we can have a team owner who cares more about winning than about padding his estate.  

Best description of Mike Brown I've ever seen. LOL

That said, while watching the video, I was waiting for a moment like when he said "we haven't had a record that's unacceptable" in reference to 5 years with an overall losing record. He's usually very defensive of poor performance, but I didn't see that this time. Thankfully. He also didn't use any Mike Brown-isms...which I can appreciate.

It was just refreshing to see a Mike Brown interview that didn't set off a vomit reflex.

(07-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I NEVER bash the guy and I feel bad for saying this, but man does he look like a floating corpse head...

I think he looks like a living version of the forever alone meme. Kinda like this pic I found:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg--25bzorsDb3la9xbTb...0PYzjcsJGt]

Either that, or Yoda gene-spliced with a really old potato chip.

RE: Mike Brown interview - Whatever - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 05:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Cincy is a top 30 metropolitan area in this country and top 40 TV market I doubt a owner would want to leave this market. 

Cincinnati isn't even Top 50 by population anymore.  In fact, Columbus is bigger by a wide margin.  Not that it matters, since San Antonio is 7th by population and is dying for a team.  

RE: Mike Brown interview - Circleville Guy - 07-24-2019

Hmmmm, He sounds like an attorney!

(07-24-2019, 05:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If the public doesnt want to pay for the another stadium, he will want to leave this market. Trust me. 
He is going to have a hard time finding a market that would pay and he would need 3/4 of owner permission to leave the area.
(07-24-2019, 09:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: Cincinnati isn't even Top 50 by population anymore.  In fact, Columbus is bigger by a wide margin.  Not that it matters, since San Antonio is 7th by population and is dying for a team.  

Cincy is the 29th metro area in the country right behind lasvegas and ahead of Austin. The actual city population doesn't really matter.

RE: Mike Brown interview - THE PISTONS - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 09:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: Cincinnati isn't even Top 50 by population anymore.  In fact, Columbus is bigger by a wide margin.  Not that it matters, since San Antonio is 7th by population and is dying for a team.  

The problem is if you move this team to basically any major city, the way the team is run will alienate the fan base quickly. And bigger cities generally have more intense media coverage.

(07-24-2019, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The problem is if you move this team to basically any major city, the way the team is run will alienate the fan base quickly. And bigger cities generally have more intense media coverage.

That wouldn't play a factor there many horrible run teams that make money look at the Redskins and Kincks.
The bigger problem would be finding a city that would pay for a stadium and at the same time finding a team that would not cut into another teams  fan base. Thats why San Antonio /Austin doesn't have a team because Jerry Jones doesn't want to lose that section of the Fan Base.
There is probably 8 to 10 cities that could logistically get a new team via Expansion or relocation. Toronto, Portland, Northern California, Austin/ San Antonio, St.louis, London, Orlando, Montreal, Vancouver, and San Diego.  All of those locations have one of two problems 1.) Financing a stadium and 2.) An NFL team too close to them.

RE: Mike Brown interview - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-25-2019

(07-24-2019, 11:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That wouldn't play a factor there many horrible run teams that make money look at the Redskins and Kincks.
The bigger problem would be finding a city that would pay for a stadium and at the same time finding a team that would not cut into another teams  fan base. Thats why San Antonio /Austin doesn't have a team because Jerry Jones doesn't want to lose that section of the Fan Base.
There is probably 8 to 10 cities that could logistically get a new team via Expansion or relocation. Toronto, Portland, Northern California, Austin/ San Antonio, St.louis, London, Orlando, Montreal, Vancouver, and San Diego.  All of those locations have one of two problems 1.) Financing a stadium and 2.) An NFL team too close to them.

We don't really have a SUPPORTED NFL team near us here ; everyone in Canada is a bandwagon Pats or Stoolers fan, Broncos or Cowboys fan.

Hard-pressed to find fans of any other team here, outside of randos like myself.