Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream (/Thread-Mike-Daniels-Release-We-can-dream)

Pages: 1 2

Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - Luvnit2 - 07-25-2019

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036801/article/stunner-packers-parting-ways-with-mike-daniels

Former 2017 all pro Mike Daniels was released. Sadly, it appears Browns and Pats may go after him. Should we?

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-25-2019

We don't need Dline (ESPECIALLY DTs), we need Oline.

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - fredtoast - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 08:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We don't need Dline (ESPECIALLY DTs), we need Oline.

This.

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - Au165 - 07-25-2019

We will have our opportunity for threads like this on O line in a couple weeks. Daniels is one guy that really doesn't create a ton of value for us.

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - SunsetBengal - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 08:58 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We don't need Dline (ESPECIALLY DTs), we need Oline.

Hmm, I don't know, Truck.  Seems like a team could always make room for an All-Pro.  We may be in serious need of OL, but having a truly dominate DL is never a bad thing to have on your side.

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - XenoMorph - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 10:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I don't know, Truck.  Seems like a team could always make room for an All-Pro.  We may be in serious need of OL, but having a truly dominate DL is never a bad thing to have on your side.

we have switch an DT to OG before.....

I kid

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - PhilHos - 07-25-2019

How about this? We go after Mike Daniels and SWITCH him to an OLman? How hard could it be to play OL for a DLman? Ninja

(07-25-2019, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we have switch an DT to OG before.....

I kid

I remember that.  Didn't we also trade him for someone better, only to have him end up back on the team, only to be traded yet again, for someone better?  That dude was pure gold, like a coin attached to a string that kept producing sodas out of the machine.

(07-25-2019, 11:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I remember that.  Didn't we also trade him for someone better, only to have him end up back on the team, only to be traded yet again, for someone better?  That dude was pure gold, like a coin attached to a string that kept producing sodas out of the machine.

that was Orien harris who we traded for Brian Leonard then again for someone else the next year lol...

But Jason Shirley was the Dt to OG I was thinking of.

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - McC - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 08:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036801/article/stunner-packers-parting-ways-with-mike-daniels

Former 2017 all pro Mike Daniels was released. Sadly, it appears Browns and Pats may go after him. Should we?

So, any time a guy is released, especially a name guy, the Browns are all over it?

(07-25-2019, 12:18 PM)McC Wrote: So, any time a guy is released, especially a name guy, the Browns are all over it?

they still have money to blow

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - PhilHos - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 12:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they still have money to blow

The Browns certainly like to blow  Mellow

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - THE PISTONS - 07-25-2019

Not really sure we need a DT. We need OT and LB.

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - Tiger Teeth - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 12:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The Browns certainly like to blow  Mellow

And some of them just like blow.

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - Socal Bengals fan - 07-25-2019

Anytime you can upgrade you should do it. But of course the Bengals won’t because they build through the draft n sign their own. Fml.

(07-25-2019, 12:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not really sure we need a DT. We need OT and LB.

We may not be in NEED of another DT, but I would just about guarantee that by pairing him with Geno up front, the LB Corps would look night and day better.

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - THE PISTONS - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 01:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We may not be in NEED of another DT, but I would just about guarantee that by pairing him with Geno up front, the LB Corps would look night and day better.

Supposedly Browns, Chiefs, and Patriots were in trade talks with the Packers for him...so I'd imagine those teams would be interested.

(07-25-2019, 01:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Supposedly Browns, Chiefs, and Patriots were in trade talks with the Packers for him...so I'd imagine those teams would be interested.

All I can say is that those teams must really have been throwing out some lowball trade numbers, because Green Bay just up and decided to eat the 2.9M in dead cap, and cut him loose.

RE: Mike Daniels Release - We can dream - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 10:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I don't know, Truck.  Seems like a team could always make room for an All-Pro.  We may be in serious need of OL, but having a truly dominate DL is never a bad thing to have on your side.

Without question.

But;

- Billings: Good NT, not Daniel's position.
- Geno: Elite UT, Daniels' position and will be infinitely better than Daniels forever
- Glasgow: Good backup NT, not Daniels' position
- Who knows, but we have a bunch of good guys and Renell Wren

Just don't think we'd need him.

(07-25-2019, 01:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Without question.

But;

- Billings: Good NT, not Daniel's position.
- Geno: Elite UT, Daniels' position and will be infinitely better than Daniels forever
- Glasgow: Good backup NT, not Daniels' position
- Who knows, but we have a bunch of good guys and Renell Wren

Just don't think we'd need him.

I'm not saying that we don't have good stock on the DL, because we do.  I'm looking back at Detroit's DL when they had Fairley and Suh, and then the Rams DL when they had Donald and Suh together.  Daniels next Geno would be a dream 3rd down, or 2nd and long package.