Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-News-Notes-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Bengalholic - 07-26-2019

RE: Bengals Training Camp Thread - HarleyDog - 07-26-2019

Time for some things to be excited about. Hoping for some great stuff pouring in tomorrow.

RE: Bengals Training Camp Thread - Bengalholic - 07-26-2019

RE: Bengals Training Camp Thread - ochocincos - 07-26-2019

One VERY important thing during this preseason is to focus on the playcalling and scheme, not so much the players themselves.
People might focus on the starters being out there for just a couple series, but the playcalling and scheme will still be going the whole time.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 02:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One VERY important thing during this preseason is to focus on the playcalling and scheme, not so much the players themselves.
People might focus on the starters being out there for just a couple series, but the playcalling and scheme will still be going the whole time.

if your talking preseason games they tend to play very very vanilla..  to avoid tipping their hand to the rest of the league

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - McC - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 03:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if your talking preseason games they tend to play very very vanilla..  to avoid tipping their hand to the rest of the league

It's gonna be a pretty fine line they'll have to walk.  They will want to at least see the execution of a new system and new plays while trying not to show too much to the rest of the league.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - ochocincos - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 03:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if your talking preseason games they tend to play very very vanilla..  to avoid tipping their hand to the rest of the league

Yes I understand that but you do still get a sense of their scheme and playcalling even if it's not 100%.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NKURyan - 07-26-2019

In before "But of course they're going to be excited, they're excited every year! Nothing to see here."

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - grampahol - 07-26-2019

Players and coaches saying they think they'll have a chance of being special isn't exactly news. What would be newsworthy on that front is if every player and coach came right out to say, "We're gonna suck more than any team in the history of history and by golly, we're gonna prove it!" Now that would be worth reporting I would think.. 

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - impactplaya - 07-26-2019

having a offensive minded head coach cant be overstated enough

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - fredtoast - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 03:46 PM)impactplaya Wrote: having a offensive minded head  coach cant be overstated enough

Yes it can.

In fact, if it is overstated I think by definition that is MORE than enough.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - grampahol - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it can.

In fact, if it is overstated I think by definition that is MORE than enough.

Gee Fred. You make it sound as if no non-offensive minded coach has ever succeeded. Actually you haven't suggested any such thing, but a few people have suggested that an offensive minded coach will always be better than a defensive minded coach in every instance.. Personally I don't think either matters as long as the coach understands the roles of each side of the ball, defense and offense. Gosh, I just love pissing in people's Cheerios in the morning, afternoon and evening..  Smirk   

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - psychdoctor - 07-26-2019

I am hopeful and excited but I still worry about the O-Line and backers. The injury to J. Williams was a buzz kill for me. I am happy for the vets but the FO needs to fix the trenches this next off season.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NKURyan - 07-26-2019

(07-26-2019, 04:36 PM)grampahol Wrote: Gee Fred. You make it sound as if no non-offensive minded coach has ever succeeded. Actually you haven't suggested any such thing, but a few people have suggested that an offensive minded coach will always be better than a defensive minded coach in every instance.. Personally I don't think either matters as long as the coach understands the roles of each side of the ball, defense and offense. Gosh, I just love pissing in people's Cheerios in the morning, afternoon and evening..  Smirk   

I don't think it has anything to do with which type of coach is better between offensive and defensive guys. It's that we've have a defensive oriented head coach for the last 19 years. And that's in a league that is skewing more and more to the offensive side of the ball, IMO.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Synric - 07-27-2019

NFL Network is in Dayton today. I'm not sure when practice starts but there will be spotty coverage.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - pally - 07-27-2019

(07-27-2019, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: NFL Network is in Dayton today. I'm not sure when practice starts but there will be spotty coverage.

practice starts at 2:30

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 07-27-2019

(07-27-2019, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: NFL Network is in Dayton today. I'm not sure when practice starts but there will be spotty coverage.

I guess that Zac Taylor installing game clocks into practice sessions must truly be newsworthy.   Cool

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - bfine32 - 07-27-2019

(07-27-2019, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess that Zac Taylor installing game clocks into practice sessions must truly be newsworthy.   Cool

I think it has more to do with the history of the league..

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - HarleyDog - 07-27-2019

(07-27-2019, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess that Zac Taylor installing game clocks into practice sessions must truly be newsworthy.   Cool

(07-27-2019, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it has more to do with the history of the league..

Or the history and lack of planning by the Bengals in the past. I mean think about it. If TC is for players to learn and zone their skills, coaches should be doing the same IMO. Clock management is a huge part of the game.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Synric - 07-27-2019

Zac Taylor and AJ Green along with one other person that I missed...Will be doing interviews before practice starts.