Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-News-Notes-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - yellowxdiscipline - 08-01-2019

So basically what we all expected. Our offensive line is pretty bad and will probably be our "Achilles heel" all year.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Nicomo Cosca - 08-01-2019

(08-01-2019, 05:11 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: If they grasped it they would NEVER have let Whit and Zetleir go because they would have already known what we did - OG and Fischer sucked. And given there was and still is a shortage of good OL in the league the worst case scenario would have been we had too many good OL. One cluster after another compounded the issue. Was it Tobin or Blackburn that was crying about the fans reaction to overpaying for the slug Hart? Whining about 'what else were we supposed to do?". 

The IDEA of drafting 2 OL in 2015 was sound. But the picks were bad so they should have changed their plans quickly. Now we are in the third year of this situation and they still trying to 'slowly rebuild the line'. Outright poor management. 

Two different teams have now let Zietler go, either through FA or trade. Sometimes taking a risk on younger (cheaper) players pays off, sometimes it doesn’t. That’s the business.

Point still stands. Between drafting 4 early round OL, and trading for Glenn, they have tried to address it. So I disagree they don’t “grasp” the importance. Did they handle things the absolute best way possible? Ofc not. It’s the Bengals.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 08-01-2019

(08-01-2019, 05:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Two different teams have now let Zietler go, either through FA or trade. Sometimes taking a risk on younger (cheaper) players pays off, sometimes it doesn’t. That’s the business.

Point still stands. Between drafting 4 early round OL, and trading for Glenn, they have tried to address it. So I disagree they don’t “grasp” the importance. Did they handle things the absolute best way possible? Ofc not. It’s the Bengals.

Well and then We did invest the High level draft picks  things don't always pan out in the draft though... such is life...  Like you said between free agents trades and draft picks they have tried to restock that OL...  its the players job to step it up.

(08-01-2019, 05:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So basically what we all expected. Our offensive line is pretty bad and will probably be our "Achilles heel" all year.

its a little earily to make year long predictions off 1 padded practice....

(08-01-2019, 05:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So basically what we all expected. Our offensive line is pretty bad and will probably be our "Achilles heel" all year.

Might as well just open an OL mega thread like the one we have for Dalton...

I’m sure it will be the majority of what’s discussed here for the near future. Which is understandable, but also gets repetitive, and boring at some point.

(08-01-2019, 05:11 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: If they grasped it they would NEVER have let Whit and Zetleir go because they would have already known what we did - OG and Fischer sucked. And given there was and still is a shortage of good OL in the league the worst case scenario would have been we had too many good OL. One cluster after another compounded the issue. Was it Tobin or Blackburn that was crying about the fans reaction to overpaying for the slug Hart? Whining about 'what else were we supposed to do?". 

The IDEA of drafting 2 OL in 2015 was sound. But the picks were bad so they should have changed their plans quickly. Now we are in the third year of this situation and they still trying to 'slowly rebuild the line'. Outright poor management. 

Whit was already gone before either got much playing time.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - fredtoast - 08-01-2019

(08-01-2019, 04:59 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote:  For reasons we cannot comprehend, this team cannot grasp this.

If the team does not grasp this then why have they traded for Glenn and used both of their first round picks in the last two drafts (plus a 4th this year) on O-linemen?

Or else Hubbard and Lawson are just great pass rushers.

Lawson has 9.5 sacks in just 702 defensive snaps.  That is a better sack rate than Geno's 10 in 795 snaps last year.

Hubbard has 6 in just 588 snaps.  That is a better sack rate than Dunlap's 8 sacks in 839 snaps last year.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - J24 - 08-01-2019

(08-01-2019, 05:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Two different teams have now let Zietler go, either through FA or trade. Sometimes taking a risk on younger (cheaper) players pays off, sometimes it doesn’t. That’s the business.

1.) He is a constant top 10 offensive lineman 
2.) He was traded for perhaps the best WR in football
3.) We didn't draft anyone to replace him; we used two undrafted free agents and Andre Smith to replace him. Then we're surprised when it didn't work.

(08-01-2019, 06:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) He is a constant top 10 offensive lineman 

No he isn't.

(08-01-2019, 06:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 2.) He was traded for perhaps the best WR in football

No he wasn't.  Olivier Vernon is just an average DE.

(08-01-2019, 06:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 3.) We didn't draft anyone to replace him; we used two undrafted free agents and Andre Smith to replace him. Then we're surprised when it didn't work.

Fisher was playing at OG his rookie season.

(08-01-2019, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he isn't.

No he wasn't.  Olivier Vernon is just an average DE.

Fisher was playing at OG his rookie season.

1.) Yes he is
2.) Yes he was involved in the Beckham trade and Vernon is a top pass rusher as well. 
3.) No he wasn't he filled in for Boiling for one game against Miami but he was never considered a long term option at said position.

(08-01-2019, 06:07 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) He is a constant top 10 offensive lineman 
2.) He was traded for perhaps the best WR in football
3.) We didn't draft anyone to replace him; we used two undrafted free agents and Andre Smith to replace him. Then we're surprised when it didn't work.

1. Maybe top 10 OG, no way he’s top 10 OL overall.

2. He was not traded for OBJ.

3. We brought in a new OL coach to try to make it work. It’s not like they did nothing.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NKURyan - 08-01-2019

I'm glad we can come to conclusions about the team after one practice in pads, that really clears up the next 4 months of Sundays.

Come on...

(08-01-2019, 06:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 3. We brought in a new OL coach to try to make it work. It’s not like they did nothing.

Not just any new OL coach, but supposedly the best in the game.

(08-01-2019, 06:28 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 2.) Yes he was involved in the Beckham trade.

Source?

Based on your other comments I see you don't care much about facts or truth.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - jason - 08-01-2019

(08-01-2019, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its a little earily to make year long predictions off 1 padded practice....

How bout dem LBs in coverage though???...

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - The Caped Crusader - 08-01-2019

(08-01-2019, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its a little earily to make year long predictions off 1 padded practice....

Nope. Season's over.

Pack it up. 

Dalton sucks.

Sorry, I had to. Wink

(08-01-2019, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Source?

Based on your other comments I see you don't care much about facts or truth.

I thought they combined the two trades they didn't everything else I said was true. Letting a top 10 player at his position group or unit without having a viable backup plan to replace him is stupid.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Synric - 08-01-2019

This could be the best defensive line the Bengals have had in a long time.

(08-01-2019, 07:15 PM)Synric Wrote: This could be the best defensive line the Bengals have had in a long time.

I like them too, but to be fair we were saying the same thing last year.