Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-News-Notes-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Yojimbo - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 01:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You don't know that. Sometimes guys get too muscular for their joints and ligaments and get injured more.

It remains to be seen.

Which is why I said “if”. Since he’s been going through rehab, I would hope the PT is having him strengthen the appropriate muscles to take load off the ligaments.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Whodey614 - 08-06-2019

Michael Jordan getting 1st team snaps at LG

Staff is considering all options, I know it’s probably been mentioned plenty of times but that’s so fresh to see.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - yellowxdiscipline - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 03:57 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: Michael Jordan getting 1st team snaps at LG

Staff is considering all options, I know it’s probably been mentioned plenty of times but that’s so fresh to see.

At least they're giving guys shots. Can't say I recall too many things like this happening under the previous coaching staff.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - pally - 08-06-2019

Mixon and Bernard both on rehab field

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 04:05 PM)pally Wrote: Mixon and Bernard both on rehab field

Damn, both of them are on the trading block?  Those rookies must look fantastic.   Ninja

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - yellowxdiscipline - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 04:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Damn, both of them are on the trading block?  Those rookies must look fantastic.   Ninja

Lol

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - psychdoctor - 08-06-2019

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - fredtoast - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 04:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Damn, both of them are on the trading block?  Those rookies must look fantastic.   Ninja

Rep.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - BengalsJA - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 12:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Welcome to the board. Please keep the camp updates coming. Do you know who had the false starts? Sounds like you visit camp a lot so interesting if you see improvement on offense or defense or specific players?

Thanks! Been reading on here for a long time, but just now starting to post. Josh Malone had the false start & I believe the other looked like Bobby Hart. On the defense it was a couple of the 2nd unit guys. I’ve seen a lot of improvement from Josh Malone. I know it’s just practice, so let’s see if it translates to games. Also, Williams the rookie RB looks really good. Tate has also impressed me as well. I believe Core needs to go to make room for some of these other receivers who are making noise. On defense, both Hubbard & Jordan Willis seem to be improving. I think Hubbard could have a really good year. As far as our LB’s, Vigil looks good.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 08-06-2019

Vet Rest

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Synric - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 03:57 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: Michael Jordan getting 1st team snaps at LG

Everyone has probably already seen this but here is Michael Jordan vs Geno Atkins on a reach block.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Luvnit2 - 08-06-2019

Must be ML's fault, everything else bad in the past is thrown on him.  Sarcasm

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 06:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Everyone has probably already seen this but here is Michael Jordan vs Geno Atkins on a reach block.

One guy in the comments stated that "It didn't look like a block, Geno just pushed him the wrong way".  To that I say, MJ stayed with the play, and kept his body between Geno and the ball carrier..

Good to see some fresh legs and athleticism at LG.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - HarleyDog - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why couldn't the defense "put heart into" playing the offense when Marvin was here ?

According to AJ, they weren’t allowed to show up the defense in practice under Marvin. I kinda got that backwards on the first post. But if your not challenging each other, how do you improve?

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NKURyan - 08-06-2019

I'm intrigued by Jordan at LG for a few reasons.
1) He was apparently a really good guard at OSU before having to switch to center.
2) It's not like we have anyone proven at the position.
3) He's played next to Price before so I'd hope there is some chemistry there.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Synric - 08-06-2019

(08-06-2019, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One guy in the comments stated that "It didn't look like a block, Geno just pushed him the wrong way".  To that I say, MJ stayed with the play, and kept his body between Geno and the ball carrier..

Good to see some fresh legs and athleticism at LG.

Geno won that rep but that's to be expected...even thr best guards in football would have trouble reach blocking Geno Atkins.

(08-06-2019, 09:23 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'm intrigued by Jordan at LG for a few reasons.
1) He was apparently a really good guard at OSU before having to switch to center.
2) It's not like we have anyone proven at the position.
3) He's played next to Price before so I'd hope there is some chemistry there.

I must say it is refreshing to see coaching staff give players a chance to win a spot.  May the best player win the job.  I remember not to far in the past that there were coaches favorites and true competition as limited by other factors.  At least the is the way it appeared to the average fan.  

This is Morgan who I kept mixing up with Willis. He looks stocky and fast.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 08-07-2019

(08-06-2019, 11:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is Morgan who I kept mixing up with Willis.    He looks stocky and fast.

whos the DB?

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - ochocincos - 08-07-2019

It seems to truly be an open competition between Westerman, Jerry, and Jordan. We can't yet determine who will claim the job.
We'll see who ends up taking the majority of the snaps with the 1st team offense in Week 3 of Preseason. That person will likely be the starter come Week 1 of the regular season.