Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-News-Notes-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Alas, it seems the Auden Tate love hath dissipated.  Oh, how I long for those halcyon days of 2018 wherein for a mere glimpse of Tate upon the field we'd give oh so much!  REPLACED!!!!  Replaced....replaced with the faces, faces two of wide receivers more new.

More new....than you.....Auden Tate.

*END SCENE*

More like, Groundhog Day..

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NATI BENGALS - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Alas, it seems the Auden Tate love hath dissipated.  Oh, how I long for those halcyon days of 2018 wherein for a mere glimpse of Tate upon the field we'd give oh so much!  REPLACED!!!!  Replaced....replaced with the faces, faces two of wide receivers more new.

More new....than you.....Auden Tate.

*END SCENE*

Tate is easily one of the 9 or so WRs i would like to see kept over Core.

AJ Boyd Ross Erickson Malone Tate Willis Morgan Sharp

I have seen a few mentions of Tate so far and they have all been positive. He is still super young too. So dont end scene yet.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Nately120 - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 02:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Tate is easily one of the 9 or so WRs i would like to see kept over Core.

I have seen a few mentions of Tate so far and they have all been positive. He is still super young too. So dont end scene yet.

I'm not ending the scene, so much as waiting for Tate to go from "young talented guy we want to see" to "ho-hum late round bum we're sick of seeing because we want to see the new guys on the bench."  Cody Core went from "late round gem, if only he could get a shot" to "get Core out of there, ugh, why can't we see the new guys?" so, I'm just assuming we continue down our usual path.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Luvnit2 - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 09:55 AM)Earendil Wrote: I must be reading a different post than you guys.  He said that ML would have stashed him on the practice squad and the Falcons would have snatched him up.  Maybe ML would have, maybe wouldn't have. Who knows? Who cares? 

But nothing there says he's a "can't miss" or "HOF receiver".  He even said "Let's see what Zac and Corp do."  None of that sounds like Bengalitis thinks this guy is the second coming of Jerry Rice.  I get some of you guys want better for the team, but let's stop twisting people's words please.

What was twisted? He was making a lame attempt to trash ML (again). Saying ML an UDFA on the practice squad versus our roster and then we lose him. The OP can defend his post if Pistons and I misread it.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 02:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Tate is easily one of the 9 or so WRs i would like to see kept over Core.

Why cause a few good preseason catches?

cause hes tall?

or cause he has the last name tate..

Would 100% take brandon tate over the current tate lol

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - fredtoast - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 02:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not ending the scene, so much as waiting for Tate to go from "young talented guy we want to see" to "ho-hum late round bum we're sick of seeing because we want to see the new guys on the bench."  Cody Core went from "late round gem, if only he could get a shot" to "get Core out of there, ugh, why can't we see the new guys?" so, I'm just assuming we continue down our usual path.

This.  Core has been much more efficient than Tate by every measure, but fans love the unknown.

Core has a career 50.8 catch percentage and averages 12.0 per reception and 6.1 per target.
Tate has a career 33.3 catch percentage and averages 8.8 per reception and 2.9 per target.

Core has also played over ten times as many ST snaps (465) as Tate (43).

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - HarleyDog - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  Core has been much more efficient than Tate by every measure, but fans love the unknown.

Core has a career 50.8 catch percentage and averages 12.0 per reception and 6.1 per target.
Tate has a career 33.3 catch percentage and averages 8.8 per reception and 2.9 per target.

What’s Cores stats on 4th down under 3 minutes remaining?

(08-09-2019, 04:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What’s Cores stats on 4th down under 3 minutes remaining?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but why is Cody Core (and I guess Driskel) the player who is immune to the magic touch of ZT that is going to resurrect this offense?

For some reason having to play under Marvin Lewis and Zampese and Lazor was an absolute death sentence for all the players we like, but there are some players that are conclusively 100% crap and need to be cast off.  Our old coaches sabotaged us and the new ones are awesome...could Core get better?  Hell no, he's awful.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - HarleyDog - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Just playing devil's advocate here, but why is Cody Core (and I guess Driskel) the player who is immune to the magic touch of ZT that is going to resurrect this offense?

For some reason having to play under Marvin Lewis and Zampese and Lazor was an absolute death sentence for all the players we like, but there are some players that are conclusively 100% crap and need to be cast off.  Our old coaches sabotaged us and the new ones are awesome...could Core get better?  Hell no, he's awful.

He’s decent when the game isn’t on the line. Under pressure he sucks.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Earendil - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 03:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What was twisted? He was making a lame attempt to trash ML (again). Saying ML an UDFA on the practice squad versus our roster and then we lose him. The OP can defend his post Pistons and I misread it.

The fact that you claimed he said Willis was a "can't miss roster spot." He said no such thing.  He was trying to say that Marvin would have stashed him on the practice squad and we would never have known if he was good or bad.  I'm not saying I agree that Marvin would have, Marvin isn't here anymore and I frankly don't care.  Had you simply said "Marvin's not here, so your line of reasoning isn't relevant", I wouldn't have said anything.  But you and Pistons acted like he claimed Willis was the next Jerry Rice, which he never did.

There are plenty of things to argue about in this world without inventing more.

(08-09-2019, 04:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He’s decent when the game isn’t on the line. Under pressure he sucks.

Geez, I wonder how many times someone has said this about Dalton and the response is....yeah well Dalton playd under teh Morvin, un teh Morvin can't win teh big game.  Morvin is scurred of the Steelers and teh playoff! ALso Lazor n' the Zampez scheme is soooooo bad Tom Bradley can't win here. TOM BRADLEY!!*

*silly spelling added for emphasis

(08-09-2019, 04:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He’s decent when the game isn’t on the line. Under pressure he sucks.

You must be thinking of Tate.

I don't remember Core messing up with the game on the line.  In '17 against the Ravens he had a 31 yard reception with just 30 seconds left in the first half that set up a FG on the final play.  The game was not on the line but it was a "pressure situation".

(08-09-2019, 04:17 PM)Earendil Wrote: The fact that you claimed he said Willis was a "can't miss roster spot." He said no such thing.

Actually he said another team would sign him to their active roster which is basically the same thing.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - The Caped Crusader - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You must be thinking of Tate.

I don't remember Core messing up with the game on the line.  In '17 against the Ravens he had a 31 yard reception with just 30 seconds left in the first half that set up a FG on the final play.  The game was not on the line but it was a "pressure situation".

He did drop that pass last year, right? It was fourth down and hit him right in the hands. Maybe it was two seasons ago.

(08-09-2019, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually he said another team would sign him to their active roster which is basically the same thing.

That's not really how I read the term "can't miss", but if that's what he meant then I see where I was wrong.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:39 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: He did drop that pass last year, right? It was fourth down and hit him right in the hands. Maybe it was two seasons ago.

We haven't ran AJ out of town for dropped passes.. .Or  fumbling passes after he caught them

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  Core has been much more efficient than Tate by every measure, but fans love the unknown.

Once again you compare one player that has a lot more snaps and has been in the league awhile (Core)
to a guy who was a rookie last season and didn't get a lot of chances. Not saying I want Tate to make the
team over Core if Core plays better then him but you do this a lot. Tate also I heard has been looking good
once again in camp and can go up for the ball way better than Core.

This is why I don't care for Core as much, he is not good at going up for the ball like Tate and even these 
rookies have shown more ability in this aspect.

(08-09-2019, 05:16 PM)Earendil Wrote: That's not really how I read the term "can't miss", but if that's what he meant then I see where I was wrong.

Exactly what I meant as a team signing a UDFA onto their active roster is a huge deal.

(08-09-2019, 05:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Exactly what I meant as a team signing a UDFA onto their active roster is a huge deal.

Gotcha, my apologies then.

(08-09-2019, 06:29 PM)Earendil Wrote: Gotcha, my apologies then.

ThumbsUp

All is good.