Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-News-Notes-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - J24 - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Just playing devil's advocate here, but why is Cody Core (and I guess Driskel) the player who is immune to the magic touch of ZT that is going to resurrect this offense?

For some reason having to play under Marvin Lewis and Zampese and Lazor was an absolute death sentence for all the players we like, but there are some players that are conclusively 100% crap and need to be cast off.  Our old coaches sabotaged us and the new ones are awesome...could Core get better?  Hell no, he's awful.
Like you I don't think coaching will radically be the biggest addition to the team. For me it's health. If we stay realistically healthy than I think the sky is the limit for this team.
However I think the reason why those two players are being singled out is 1.) Neither were overly productive in college and 2.) Particularly Driskle was never considered a good NFL prospect during the draft season.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NKURyan - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Just playing devil's advocate here, but why is Cody Core (and I guess Driskel) the player who is immune to the magic touch of ZT that is going to resurrect this offense?

For some reason having to play under Marvin Lewis and Zampese and Lazor was an absolute death sentence for all the players we like, but there are some players that are conclusively 100% crap and need to be cast off.  Our old coaches sabotaged us and the new ones are awesome...could Core get better?  Hell no, he's awful.

While I'd love for ZT to find a way to get Core to breakout, I think Core just doesn't really have anything that makes the fanbase look at him and feel hope that he can bring something to the table. Ross and Malone have speed, Tate has size, Erickson's got return ability, and Cody has... ???

I would expect Driskel to play better under ZT solely because I think an offensive minded coach would be more inclined to let Jeff use one of his biggest strengths (his legs) which they didn't seem willing to do last year. That's especially true if they go into the regular season with 3 QBs as he may feel more comfortable with putting Driskel at risk with his 4th round pick waiting in the wings.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - HarleyDog - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, I wonder how many times someone has said this about Dalton and the response is....yeah well Dalton playd under teh Morvin, un teh Morvin can't win teh big game.  Morvin is scurred of the Steelers and teh playoff!  ALso Lazor n' the Zampez scheme is soooooo bad Tom Bradley can't win here.  TOM BRADLEY!!*

*silly spelling added for emphasis

WTF

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - rfaulk34 - 08-10-2019

(08-09-2019, 03:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Would 100% take brandon tate over the current tate lol

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - rfaulk34 - 08-10-2019

(08-09-2019, 07:21 PM)NKURyan Wrote: While I'd love for ZT to find a way to get Core to breakout, I think Core just doesn't really have anything that makes the fanbase look at him and feel hope that he can bring something to the table. Ross and Malone have speed, Tate has size, Erickson's got return ability, and Cody has... ???

It's because Core is a 'dime-a-dozen' WR. They're all over the league at the bottom of some team's depth chart. 

Core only has a fracton of the physical talent that Tate has. 

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-10-2019

(08-09-2019, 07:21 PM)NKURyan Wrote: While I'd love for ZT to find a way to get Core to breakout, I think Core just doesn't really have anything that makes the fanbase look at him and feel hope that he can bring something to the table. Ross and Malone have speed, Tate has size, Erickson's got return ability, and Cody has... ???

I would expect Driskel to play better under ZT solely because I think an offensive minded coach would be more inclined to let Jeff use one of his biggest strengths (his legs) which they didn't seem willing to do last year. That's especially true if they go into the regular season with 3 QBs as he may feel more comfortable with putting Driskel at risk with his 4th round pick waiting in the wings.

I gotta be fair to Core here even though I think he has shown all he has.

Core has size, speed and physicality.

His biggest problem is his ability to go up for the ball which is what a Receiver has to be able to do.

In the end I think it comes down to ST's as to who the last Receivers will be though and Core is a good ST'er too.

Morgan has been playing ST's and can Return so I think he gets the edge and he can go up for the ball.

Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Bronxbengal - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 01:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's because Core is a 'dime-a-dozen' WR. They're all over the league at the bottom of some team's depth chart. 

Core only has a fracton of the physical talent that Tate has. 

OMG.... arguing about two receivers who are the bottom rung of NFL talent. How about cutting both of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - HarleyDog - 08-10-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You must be thinking of Tate.

I don't remember Core messing up with the game on the line.  In '17 against the Ravens he had a 31 yard reception with just 30 seconds left in the first half that set up a FG on the final play.  The game was not on the line but it was a "pressure situation".

He dropped one last year with 4th and 3 I think. Right in his hands, chest high. Tyrannosaurus Rex could have caught that ball. 

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - lone bengal - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 02:28 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: OMG.... arguing about two receivers who are the bottom rung of NFL talent.  How about cutting both of them?  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why people thought Core was going to be a good WR. I always had low expectations for Core considering he didn't do much in College. I always looked at him as a bottom of the roster WR that would contribute on all the special team units which is fine for a 6th round pick. 

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - HuDey - 08-10-2019

(08-09-2019, 04:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, I wonder how many times someone has said this about Dalton and the response is....yeah well Dalton playd under teh Morvin, un teh Morvin can't win teh big game.  Morvin is scurred of the Steelers and teh playoff! ALso Lazor n' the Zampez scheme is soooooo bad Tom Bradley can't win here. TOM BRADLEY!!*

*silly spelling added for emphasis

I totally heard this in some sort of dopey cartoon character voice.

But yeah, the guidelines are unclear on how to differentiate between those who’s been kept down by the Marv and those who just aren’t very good.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - The Caped Crusader - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 03:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He dropped one last year with 4th and 3 I think. Right in his hands, chest high. Tyrannosaurus Rex could have caught that ball. 

It was Cody Core.

Hit him right in the numbers and dropped it.

8:31 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE1CgEUSf7g

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - firstand10 - 08-11-2019

I'm sorry fellas, but did any players kneel for the playing of the national anthem last night? Colon Pumpernikel has myself and a lot of Vietnam Veterans turned against football at the PRO level! Sorry!

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 05:24 PM)firstand10 Wrote: I'm sorry fellas, but did any players kneel for the playing of the national anthem last night?  Colon Pumpernikel has myself and a lot of Vietnam Veterans turned against football at the PRO level! Sorry!

Not that I've been aware of.  As far as I know, no Bengal has knelt for the anthem, to date.

However, I did see a story about the US fencing team that swept the medals at the World Championships, and the Bronze medalist knelt for the anthem..

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - pally - 08-11-2019

I know everyone has been waiting for this news. The difference it will make for the offensive line is unspeakable.....

Alex Redmond has passed his physical and has been activated off the PUP list

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - THE PISTONS - 08-11-2019

(08-09-2019, 06:45 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Like you I don't think coaching will radically be the biggest addition to the team. For me it's health. If we stay realistically healthy than I think the sky is the limit for this team.
However I think the reason why those two players are being singled out is 1.) Neither were overly productive in college and 2.) Particularly Driskle was never considered a good NFL prospect during the draft season.

Well we've lost our 2 best lineman for the year...in Williams and Boling. And AJ Green is hurt.

Are we still able to meet the health criteria?

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - THE PISTONS - 08-11-2019

(08-10-2019, 04:40 PM)lone bengal Wrote:  Not sure why people thought Core was going to be a good WR. I always had low expectations for Core considering he didn't do much in College. I always looked at him as a bottom of the roster WR that would contribute on all the special team units which is fine for a 6th round pick. 

We always seem to draft 6 foot 2+ WR's with good 40 times and athleticism late that people think will be stars.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NKURyan - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 10:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We always seem to draft 6 foot 2+ WR's with good 40 times and athleticism late that people think will be stars.

I don't remember anybody saying Cody Core was going to be a star lol. Over exaggeration.

Same for Tate - people may have pointed to him as being a potential weapon, but a "star"? Come on.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - J24 - 08-12-2019

(08-11-2019, 10:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well we've lost our 2 best lineman for the year...in Williams and Boling. And AJ Green is hurt.

Are we still able to meet the health criteria?

Yes; Green should be back by week 3. Williams and Boiling injury sucks but at the same time  Glenn can fill in at LT and I have confidence that Westerman can fill in at LG for Boiling.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - ochocincos - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 01:45 PM)McC Wrote: I believe this kind of crap has its own forum and this ain't it.

Same with the kneeling post.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - pally - 08-12-2019

Clayton Fejedelem is in a boot at practice today after his ankle injury on Saturday