Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-News-Notes-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Bengalitis - 08-13-2019

Good to see HOPKINS play Center with the 1st team. I been saying he's the man for the C position. Price can play G until Hopkins retires or gets injured. Price looked good during the PS game though.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - bfine32 - 08-13-2019

(08-12-2019, 05:04 PM)pally Wrote: Price practicing with the #2 line

Good to see they are giving Hopkins a chance to earn the starting C gig. Hopefully Price can either earn it back or challenge for another interior Oline slot. 

As to Jerry: dude looked good. Of course he made a mistake or 2 but folks must realize he was out of the game last year. 

If we can all stop and breath for a minute we might realize this Oline is not as bad as we insist they are, 

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - DYT_Bengal - 08-13-2019

Just from the look test, I suspected that Jordan would be one of our starting lineman. Will be interesting to see how he plays out.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Nicomo Cosca - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 12:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Good to see they are giving Hopkins a chance to earn the starting C gig. Hopefully Price can either earn it back or challenge for another interior Oline slot. 

As to Jerry: dude looked good. Of course he made a mistake or 2 but folks must realize he was out of the game last year. 

If we can all stop and breath for a minute we might realize this Oline is not as bad as we insist they are, 

I’d say LB is by far the weakest position group on the team at this point. You’d never know it reading this board though...

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Joelist - 08-13-2019

Let's remember they specifically said Price was not being demoted. As well they should since he played very well Saturday night at least in pass blocking. What we want to see is if they can find a combo that can both pass and run block.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - psychdoctor - 08-13-2019

(08-12-2019, 10:36 PM)McC Wrote: You can see he's got game as a CB.  I like how he plays the ball.  I think the day will come when some of those batted down balls end up as int's.

And he really is a good returner, but if you can't catch it, you can't run it.  I'd still send him back there in the preseason at least another time or two just to be sure.  If he drops another one, then that's it.

He only drop the punts correct?  Not KO.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - psychdoctor - 08-13-2019

This is interesting... Nice to See Andre Smith still has something left. I don't see Glenn's name on the list.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - yellowxdiscipline - 08-13-2019

I think we can all say by now that the offensive line is still a work in progress and no ones job is certain aside from Glenn. Hopefully they can figure this out in the upcoming weeks.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - The Caped Crusader - 08-13-2019

John Terry! Props to him. Didn't allow a single hurry or pressure. Hope he gets the starting job.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 12:13 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Good to see HOPKINS play Center with the 1st team. I been saying he's the man for the C position. Price can play G until Hopkins retires or gets injured. Price looked good during the PS game though.

Price is significantly better than Hopkins and this is just switching things up.

(08-13-2019, 02:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say LB is by far the weakest position group on the team at this point. You’d never know it reading this board though...

Agreed on both your point and Bfine's.

(08-13-2019, 08:22 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: John Terry! Props to him. Didn't allow a single hurry or pressure. Hope he gets the starting job.

I thought he played fine as well, though if you look at the, "stock," thread, everyone was taking him down a peg...

BTW, I'm not at all taking credit, nor am I surprised (since it is a logical evolution), but I find it funny that when I stop doing the PFF stuff with top 5 and bottom 5, etc., that now they are doing it themselves on Twitter...

Think I had something going for a while there Wink

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - fredtoast - 08-13-2019

(08-12-2019, 09:43 PM)Shady Wrote: Change of culture. This would have never happened under Marvin Lewis. Taylor and Turner are serious about challenging guys to earn their spot.

(08-12-2019, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, and it seems weird to some around here, because things haven't been that way since before many of them were fans.

(08-12-2019, 09:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's good to see ain't it ?

This is getting ridiculous.  Just ask George Iloka about a starter never losing his job in training camp.

I get that you guys are still obsessed with ripping on Marvin, but yoiuo can't just make stuff up out of thin air and claim it is true.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Rubekahn29 - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting ridiculous.  Just ask George Iloka about a starter never losing his job in training camp.

I get that you guys are still obsessed with ripping on Marvin, but yoiuo can't just make stuff up out of thin air and claim it is true.

You might be able to provide more, but I feel like that was the exception and not the rule. Its refreshing to see it being talked about. Not just with the line, but also with the back up QB, etc. It just seems being a starter or a certain spot is not a for sure, as much as it SEEMED it was under Marvin. 

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting ridiculous.  Just ask George Iloka about a starter never losing his job in training camp.

Sure, it's easy to hunt for specific incidents where an individual may have lost a starting spot in camp, under Marvin.  What we're currently witnessing is by and large, quite uncommon from what we have become accustomed to seeing take place in a "typical Bengals training camp".

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - bengalfan74 - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 09:05 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: BTW, I'm not at all taking credit, nor am I surprised (since it is a logical evolution), but I find it funny that when I stop doing the PFF stuff with top 5 and bottom 5, etc., that now they are doing it themselves on Twitter...

Think I had something going for a while there Wink

I always enjoyed you posting the PFF stuff. Even though I take it with a grain of salt.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Bengalitis - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 02:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say LB is by far the weakest position group on the team at this point. You’d never know it reading this board though...

I wish the squeelers were in our schedule for game 2 regular season. They would exploit our LBs with their TEs like a pimp exploits his jewelry. Ninja

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Luvnit2 - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 12:13 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Good to see HOPKINS play Center with the 1st team. I been saying he's the man for the C position.   Price can play G until Hopkins retires or gets injured. Price looked good during the PS game though.

I agree, great to see team not give a player a job based on their draft position. Make them earn it. I do hope if Hopkins wins center job because he is just very good, our fans don't trash Price because he lost a competition. It would be a wonderful thing is Hopkins and Price were both very good centers that could also play guard.

I know only one series, but our OL held their own albeit run blocking was not stellar in limited attempts. Good news is Chiefs did gets us in passing third and long situations so OL pass blocking was tested a little in series one under duress.

(08-13-2019, 10:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I always enjoyed you posting the PFF stuff. Even though I take it with a grain of salt.

lol I miss it, to be honest with you, but they are tons too expensive now and the grades, again, are even more incoherent and bullshit than they ever were, if you ever thought them to be BS (I didn't).

Still a good place for their line stats and the fact that they actually count drops (I don't think a single free site does), but that's not worth the outrageous price.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - McC - 08-13-2019

And you're so obsessed with Marv that you can't stop coming to his defense.  Do you really not see the irony?

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - bengalfan74 - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 10:31 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol I miss it, to be honest with you, but they are tons too expensive now and the grades, again, are even more incoherent and bullshit than they ever were, if you ever thought them to be BS (I didn't).

Still a good place for their line stats and the fact that they actually count drops (I don't think a single free site does), but that's not worth the outrageous price.

Oh I've never thought they were total BS. I just believe they're not the tell all end all to a football game. Just another useful tool in gauging a player. I've seen (as I'm sure we all have) them give grades I don't agree with at all. Some of their RB grades I just don't see how they come up with those numbers at times, as one instance.