Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-News-Notes-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - grampahol - 07-28-2019

Since Bengals.com only seems to want to post pictures and a little fluff I noticed the lone picture of Wren. The guy for his size also looks kind of stout to go with it.. I hope he turns into a force to be reckoned with.. https://www.bengals.com/photos/training-camp-2019-photo-gallery-fueled-by-gatorade-day-2#0fc9fe9e-cda1-4d03-86ac-f4d62e978ca9

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NKURyan - 07-29-2019

(07-28-2019, 06:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Geno is definitely our best player. Very steady and reliable too.

I think I'd still rate AJ above him (I think he's more consistent overall), but they're definitely 1-2. Love seeing him out there setting that kind of example.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - THE PISTONS - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 12:50 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I think I'd still rate AJ above him (I think he's more consistent overall), but they're definitely 1-2. Love seeing him out there setting that kind of example.

The injuries are why I put Geno higher. AJ misses at minimum several games a year.

But, IF both are healthy...I'd probably rank AJ slightly higher. Although, Geno may have better production at DT even when AJ is healthy.

I read a blurb that John Jerry was working with the 1st Unit.

We played a lot of 4-2-5 on defense with Pratt working with the 2nd unit.

I assume the 1st unit was Vigil and Preston Brown. Not sure how that will work against the pass.

Bengal center Billy Price rode a stationary bike during Sunday's practice. The Bengals placed the center on the NFL's Active/Non-Football Injury list on Friday. Price told The Enquirer he is feeling good. The Bengals don't expect him to be out too long with his unidentified injury.

A.J. Green's injury is a tough blow for the Cincinnati Bengals receiving corps. To compound matters, John Ross is currently dealing with his own lower body injury.

The third-year wideout missed his second-consecutive day of training camp due to hamstring soreness. Ross walked around the Bengals locker room with a sleeve on his right leg. His tight hamstring is being classified as minor by the team.

"He had some tightening in his hamstring yesterday morning so we held him out. And again with the hamstrings, you want to be careful, especially a guy that we need his speed," Bengals coach Zac Taylor said. "Whether it’s a couple days or a week or two, that remains to be seen yet. It’s test it as it goes. But again, nothing significant, nothing long term. Just want to make sure that he wasn’t re-aggravating anything."

Some nice reporting here, Pistons, keep it up.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - ochocincos - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 11:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read a blurb that John Jerry was working with the 1st Unit.

We played a lot of 4-2-5 on defense with Pratt working with the 2nd unit.

I assume the 1st unit was Vigil and Preston Brown. Not sure how that will work against the pass.

All of this is expected to me. I wouldn't expect Pratt to start pushing for starter reps until midway through August. It seems they want to try Westerman at LG as a starter too, which I like. Jerry should only be the fallback option.

(07-29-2019, 02:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: All of this is expected to me. I wouldn't expect Pratt to start pushing for starter reps until midway through August. It seems they want to try Westerman at LG as a starter too, which I like. Jerry should only be the fallback option.

I think the biggest news in that to me is the 4-2-5 defense. If you only play 2 LB's...and have 5 DB's it mitigates the need for LB's to cover some.

Really we have 3 Safeties that are starters and probably 3-4 quality CB's. It makes sense to get 5 guys on the field.

(07-29-2019, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the biggest news in that to me is the 4-2-5 defense. If you only play 2 LB's...and have 5 DB's it mitigates the need for LB's to cover some.

Really we have 3 Safeties that are starters and probably 3-4 quality CB's. It makes sense to get 5 guys on the field.

I'm fine with it, but NE proved last postseason that they'll run right over you if you do. Look for other teams to try the exact same thing.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Synric - 07-29-2019

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - fredtoast - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 03:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the biggest news in that to me is the 4-2-5 defense. If you only play 2 LB's...and have 5 DB's it mitigates the need for LB's to cover some.

We played 5 or more DBs 70% of the time last year.  It is basically our base scheme.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 07-29-2019

I think we spent most of the time the last few years in a nickle D

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - psychdoctor - 07-29-2019

(07-28-2019, 07:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: Since Bengals.com only seems to want to post pictures and a little fluff I noticed the lone picture of Wren. The guy for his size also looks kind of stout to go with it.. I hope he turns into a force to be reckoned with.. https://www.bengals.com/photos/training-camp-2019-photo-gallery-fueled-by-gatorade-day-2#0fc9fe9e-cda1-4d03-86ac-f4d62e978ca9

Hell, see if the coach can play, he looks like a beast.  

(07-29-2019, 05:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think we spent most of the time the last few years in a nickle D

I did see Fej out there a decent bit last year. Unfortunately, we used a lot of Nickle against the Saints from what I saw.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - McC - 07-30-2019

Wonder why no camp video. All I see is video of people talking.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-30-2019

(07-30-2019, 10:45 AM)McC Wrote: Wonder why no camp video. All I see is video of people talking.

They stopped doing camp videos a few years ago and I don't know why; I liked them too.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Joelist - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 03:45 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'm fine with it, but NE proved last postseason that they'll run right over you if you do. Look for other teams to try the exact same thing.

At least our 4-2-5 has a thumper type SS who can play closer in and that makes it a bit more like a 4-3. Neither the Rams nor the Chiefs had that and the Pats just lined up and played old school smash mouth football and rolled over them. 

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 07-30-2019

(07-30-2019, 10:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They stopped doing camp videos a few years ago and I don't know why; I liked them too.

don't they only get like 1 media day a week.... (or at least used to)

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 07-30-2019

(07-30-2019, 10:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They stopped doing camp videos a few years ago and I don't know why; I liked them too.

(07-30-2019, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: don't they only get like 1 media day a week.... (or at least used to)

In recent years, haven't most of the pictures and videos on here been supplied by fans who have attended camp sessions?