Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates (/Thread-Training-Camp-News-Notes-Updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - jj22 - 07-31-2019

How much did Andre sign for? 4.5m? That will tell you all you need to know about the possibilities of adding Trent.

I doubt it happens now. But another front office will give up the 5th round pick for him.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 04:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: How much did Andre sign for? 4.5m? That will tell you all you need to know about the possibilities of adding Trent.

I doubt it happens now. But another front office will give up the 5th round pick for him.

I imagine none of that is gaurenteed so he could be dropped and that recovered if need be.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - psychdoctor - 07-31-2019

This is interesting....

(07-31-2019, 05:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is interesting....

Someone pointed that out when he wasn't IR'd. As of right now he's set to be PUP'd to start the season.

(07-31-2019, 05:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Someone pointed that out when he wasn't IR'd. As of right now he's set to be PUP'd to start the season.

At least some positive news.  If Williams does recover and plays last two games, it will help with his experience for next year.  

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - The Caped Crusader - 07-31-2019

Anyone find like a quarter on the ground or something today? Like seriously, we are in need of some hope.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - The Caped Crusader - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 05:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Someone pointed that out when he wasn't IR'd. As of right now he's set to be PUP'd to start the season.

Could be useful if we are in it at the end of the year. Quality reps are important anyways and nothing is better than actual game reps. 

I think we 'could' IR him if we do pick up another T but that doesn't look to be the case.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Synric - 07-31-2019

UDFA WR Damion Willis earned some reps with the 1s today.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Whatever - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 04:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I imagine none of that is gaurenteed so he could be dropped and that recovered if need be.

He likely got a signing bonus for coming to camp. 

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - Murdock2420 - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: UDFA WR Damion Willis earned some reps with the 1s today.

He is interesting. Didn't play against the best talent in college but his highlight film shows a guy not afraid to fight for the ball. He bailed his QB out on alot of high and under thrown balls so he should be good with Dalton.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 07-31-2019

Personally, I think that it would be foolish to allow Jonah Williams to play any this season. Why do I say that? I had my shoulder rebuilt, just 3 years ago. I made PT, and rehab sessions my life, until I was cleared first to go back to work, and second, to be able to weight train again. It was at 12 weeks post surgery that PT said "we can do no more for you", and the surgeon cleared me to train using "common sense". It took about another 5-6 months to fully regain strength in the shoulder (as far as moving weights), absorbing shock took much longer. At about the 1 year post surgery mark, I was dragging a cart loaded with weights and equipment, and went to stiff arm a door, so as to not have to stop the cart's momentum. The side I chose was locked, and the jolt that went through my shoulder about made me want to wilt.

I realize that Jonah and I are completely different situations and scenarios. I also realize it's different for a young athlete in prime physical condition to recover much faster than an old athlete like myself. But, what I am worried of is him being allowed to rush back, and possibly hinder his complete healing and rehabilitation.

(07-31-2019, 05:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He is interesting. Didn't play against the best talent in college but his highlight film shows a guy not afraid to fight for the ball. He bailed his QB out on alot of high and under thrown balls so he should be good with Dalton.

I watched some of his stuff last night and his highlight film really doesnt have catch and runs... it's more him tracking the ball down field and catching it every way imaginable. In the full games I found he doesnt look overly fast I'd say a 4.5 guy and is an inconsistent blocker, but you gotta love the way he finds the ball in the air, creates separation with his body, and goes after the ball.

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - XenoMorph - 07-31-2019

got to wait to the start of the season to put them on IR I believe. but you put the designated to return tag on him if you think he can make it back

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - jason - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 03:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Peter wasn't bad in the 70s.  Then again, when the most successful thing he did involved zero drums....hmm.

Success be damned... Hard Luck Woman and Black Diamond are better songs than Beth.

(07-31-2019, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: UDFA WR Damion Willis earned some reps with the 1s today.

Good chance Willis at least makes the PS.  He may even displace Core on roster if he keeps looking good.  I know nothing about Willis however. 

Good reps for Willis. Coaching staff showing they are willing to give everyone a shot at wideout. Good to see

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NKURyan - 07-31-2019

Random casual observations from training camp:
-They ran a lot of play action.
-They also seem like they love sending a WR across the backfield to fake the reverse/end around.
-Sam Hubbard playing with the 1s on defense, not Carl Lawson.
-Definitely went with 2 LBs a lot (Vigil and Brown with the 1s).
-Offense struggled today. Finley really seems to be having a hard time out there.
-Jake Dolegala doesn't seem to be getting much of a real look for those of you who jumped on his bandwagon.
-Josh Malone on kick returns... not sure we've seen that before?
-Traveon Williams looked good, I though.

(07-31-2019, 07:59 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Random casual observations from training camp:
-They also seem like they love sending a WR across the backfield to fake the reverse/end around.
-Offense struggled today. Finley really seems to be having a hard time out there.
-Jake Dolegala doesn't seem to be getting much of a real look for those of you who jumped on his bandwagon.

The WRs were also doing some chipping on the back side end. 

(07-31-2019, 07:59 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Random casual observations from training camp:

They said that the offense missed two FG during today's practice.  Was it Randy?  Don't want to worry about FG again this year.  

RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - NKURyan - 07-31-2019

(07-31-2019, 08:02 PM)Synric Wrote: The WRs were also doing some chipping on the back side end. 

Also forgot to mention that they seemed to do a lot of no huddle today, too.