Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds Month of August Games Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds Month of August Games Thread (/Thread-Reds-Month-of-August-Games-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - psychdoctor - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 02:50 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Angel Hernandez is already showing signs of a bad strike zone for both teams. Someone might be getting tossed before this game is over.

He is horrible at consistency. 

Reds need this WIN to stay relevant.  

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - cinci4life - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 03:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He is horrible at consistency. 

Reds need this WIN to stay relevant.  

Votto came close to getting tossed after a horrible strike 3 that was clearly up and in. He had a few calm words for Hernandez but he must have went down and saw a video of the pitch cause he came back out barking big time from the dugout. 

(08-11-2019, 03:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Votto came close to getting tossed after a horrible strike 3 that was clearly up and in. He had a few calm words for Hernandez but he must have went down and saw a video of the pitch cause he came back out barking big time from the dugout. 

AH has been inconsistent over the years and when I remember an umps name, it usually tells me he is very bad.   

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-11-2019

Top of 6th. Reds 3 to 0. Castillo, Keep it going. I'm already thinking about the bullpens in this. Cubs are far from out of this, so GO REDS.

Castillo through 6 now. Reds 3 to 1 with Reds at bat. Reds announcers complaining about slider Castillo threw, but Castillo is doing a better job pitching than Red TV announcers are doing calling this game. A big game and they are talking about everything except this game as it happens. Anyway, GO REDS.

3 to 1 and Castillo takes the mound in 7th. The longer Castillo can take Reds, the more it sets up the best of bullpen. I've seen too many Cubs and Reds extra inning games over the years to put this win in the books.

(08-11-2019, 04:04 PM)kevin Wrote: 3 to 1 and Castillo takes the mound in 7th.   The longer Castillo can take Reds, the more it sets up the best of bullpen.  I've seen too many Cubs and Reds extra inning games over the years to put this win in the books.

I hope Iggy is on his game today.  Reds need this one.

3 to 2 in 7th and Castillo coming out with a runner on 1st and 2 outs. Lorenzen in. Lorenzen was awful Friday and starts off with a hit and a home run, Cubs lead. ....This Tom Brennaman is awful saying UNBELIEVABLE. It's the Cubs. They always fight the Reds HARD. Reds just need to come back.

Garrett gets the last out....Reds down 5 to 3. If Reds comeback and tie, it is just a typical Reds vs Cubs back and forth game as so many I have seen. Even Big Red Machine found Cubs a dog fight. There are so many Cubs Fans, it's like Steelers Fans at Bengals, so it just adds to the need for heart to battle to the end.

Really Lorenzen?

Over-used Lorenzen just may have cost the Reds the game.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-11-2019

You all know why I am uncomfortable with Lorenzen late in games . . . now you know why I hate him late in games.

THE REDS DON'T HAVE ENOUGH OUTS TO MAKE UP FOR HIS **** UPS!!!

Bell needs to be fired or promoted, just get him off of their bench. Castillo eventually needs to learn how to get that last out when he's at 100 pitches. A high hopping, slow roller isn't reason to pull him. I have a feeling that if Beneviedez had been calling the shots, this would still be a 3-2 ball game.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Circleville Guy - 08-11-2019

Lorenzen has pitched decent this year but Bell is using the guy way too often. His arm is gonna fall off. On another note, Votto with another 3 strikeouts. He loves looking at strike 3!

Angel Hernandez needs to retire. That strike 3 call wasn't close. I'm really shocked Votto didn't lose it there.

8th inning. Reds can't give up any more runs. They have 2 innings to play catch up.

(08-11-2019, 04:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Angel Hernandez needs to retire. That strike 3 call wasn't close. I'm really shocked Votto didn't lose it there.

Votto's lucky he hasn't been thrown out of game several times.  You can't lose focus in big games and get tossed out of games. 

Now 6 to 3. Reds have a big comeback to make now. I hate to say it, but I saw Cubs would not go away without a fight.

I refuse to concede the season. I refuse to concede this game. Lalala Reds are treading water and are hanging with the big boys. Season not over yet.

Still 6 to 3 going into 9th. Reds would need a huge 9th inning. Boy, Lorenzen did nothing in this series. He will be back. He has had so many good games this season. I was hoping for more out of a well rested bullpen today. I'm going to stop calling them Nasty Boys 2019 until they all get back on pace in the pen.

Reds need base runners. Swinging for fences 3 straight times would be stupid.

Disappointing loss.