Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds Month of August Games Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds Month of August Games Thread (/Thread-Reds-Month-of-August-Games-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-21-2019

(08-20-2019, 10:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Galvis is a beast.  Gray is an ace.  AA is The Punisher!  
Gray's scorless steak ends but another 10k outing, ERA under 3.

Gray is somewhat quietly becoming our best starting pitcher, he's putting the heat on Castillo at a minimum ! 9-6 2.92 ERA 14 HR's best among the starters with 100+ innings, well tied with Roark whom hasn't been with the team for 3 weeks or whatever ? 164 K's 2nd to Castillo 175, and if memory serves wasn't he lowest run support for first couple months of season ?

He could easily have 3 or 4 more wins.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-21-2019

Reds win the series and take the season series 5-2. Day off, rest the bullpen and take care of business in Pittsburgh who just lost Archer.

The Reds had 67 wins last year, they just picked up number 60. Time to go on a run, gentlemen.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Circleville Guy - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 04:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Reds win the series and take the season series 5-2. Day off, rest the bullpen and take care of business in Pittsburgh who just lost Archer.

The Reds had 67 wins last year, they just picked up number 60. Time to go on a run, gentlemen.

I think that they’re 4 games better than this time last year. They’re done for the year but winning at least 77 would be a nice improvement. 87 and a wildcard next year. I’d take that!

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 04:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Reds win the series and take the season series 5-2. Day off, rest the bullpen and take care of business in Pittsburgh who just lost Archer.

With their next 7 games being 3 vs. Pirates and 4 vs. Marlins they could do it on this road trip. That would turn the heat back up a notch !

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-21-2019

OK, tell the Fat Lady not to climb up on that outfield truck they never give away and sing. Reds won Padres series.

Now on to Pittsburg where Reds need to remember its not TV Wrestling. Reds have a chance to move up on .500 ball this weekend, and THAT should be their focus. Disco, Wood, Gray.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Circleville Guy - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 06:27 PM)kevin Wrote: OK, tell the Fat Lady not to climb up on that outfield truck they never give away and sing. Reds won Padres series.

Now on to Pittsburg where Reds need to remember its not TV Wrestling. Reds have a chance to move up on .500 ball this weekend, and THAT should be their focus. Disco, Wood, Gray.

If the Reds win all 7 games and every team ahead of them plays a game below .500, the Reds would still be about 4 games out of the wildcard and have about 5 teams still ahead of them. I’m not trying to be a bummer, just being realistic. I would love to see a push to .500 for the Reds though, it would be a nice confidence builder to the fans and players.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - rfaulk34 - 08-22-2019

(08-21-2019, 04:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Reds win the series and take the season series 5-2. Day off, rest the bullpen and take care of business in Pittsburgh who just lost Archer.

Pirates and Marlins are really bad. A perfect chance to get some momentum (and wins) before a (potentially) really big series in StL Labor day weekend. All on the road though. o_O

23 games left on the road. 13 at home. O_O

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-22-2019

(08-21-2019, 11:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: If the Reds win all 7 games and every team ahead of them plays a game below .500, the Reds would still be about 4 games out of the wildcard and have about 5 teams still ahead of them. I’m not trying to be a bummer, just being realistic. I would love to see a push to .500 for the Reds though, it would be a nice confidence builder to the fans and players.

Oh I get it, it's thin.  But this is their chance to make a push towards .500

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Earendil - 08-22-2019

What's the over/under on bench clearing brawls this weekend?

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 08-22-2019

Almost zero . . . most of these guys have the final series of the year circled, also at Pittsburgh.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Yojimbo - 08-22-2019

They have to keep Iggy and Galvis together next year. Might be the best defensive infield combo in the league and a great strength to build from.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Circleville Guy - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 03:00 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I get it, it's thin.  But this is their chance to make a push towards .500

There’s nothing wrong with fans hoping for a miracle finish. They would need a run like the Mets recently had to get into the thick of things.

(08-22-2019, 03:02 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: They have to keep Iggy and Galvis together next year. Might be the best defensive infield combo in the league and a great strength to build from.

I do like both guys, it would be nice to keep both! I also like JVM in the mix for his bat. If they keep both, I don’t think they should keep Peraza.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - psychdoctor - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 03:23 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: There’s nothing wrong with fans hoping for a miracle finish. They would need a run like the Mets recently had to get into the thick of things.

What kind of run are we talking about?  

It would be nice to win the next 7 games, that would be an 8 game streak.

By the way, the MLB office has already warned both Reds and Pirates against ANY ACT that can be construed as incitement.   The punishment will be extraordinarily harsh.     

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 03:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What kind of run are we talking about?  

By the way, the MLB office has already warned both Reds and Pirates against ANY ACT that can be construed as incitement.   The punishment will be extraordinarily harsh.     

I think the Mets won 18 out of 22 or something crazy like that ? 

But not only do we need a mega run like that we need like 6 or 7 of the 8 teams ahead of us to all play under .500

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - fredtoast - 08-22-2019

Mets won 21 of 26 to go from 11 games under .500 on July 12 to 5 games over on Aug 10.

If they win the next 7, they will still most like be about 4 games back and probably have 5 teams still ahead of them for 2 spots. If they win about 11 or 12 in a row, they might be close to a wildcard spot.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - cinci4life - 08-23-2019

Winker on IL retroactive to Monday with a cervical strain and Mahle activated but sent to Louisville.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/08/reds-activate-tyler-mahle-place-jesse-winker-on-il.html

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - psychdoctor - 08-23-2019

Carry on with your Day...Things are normal here...

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - psychdoctor - 08-23-2019

BTW i like those uniforms Reds are sporting at PNC Park today.