Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds Month of August Games Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds Month of August Games Thread (/Thread-Reds-Month-of-August-Games-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - cinci4life - 08-08-2019

(08-08-2019, 09:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Was it a bad call?  If it were close, he needs to swing. 

If you believe the strike zone box it was just outside.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - cinci4life - 08-08-2019

I swear Hernandez is worthless.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Circleville Guy - 08-08-2019

(08-08-2019, 11:06 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I swear Hernandez is worthless.

7.80 ERA for the season and in the last 15 games, his ERA is over 14.00. Down by only 2 in a must win series, of course Bell sends him in. How can Hernandez still be on the team? It’s crazy! It’s a very disappointing start to the series.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-08-2019

(08-08-2019, 11:06 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I swear Hernandez is worthless.

(08-08-2019, 11:36 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: 7.80 ERA for the season and in the last 15 games, his ERA is over 14.00. Down by only 2 in a must win series, of course Bell sends him in. How can Hernandez still be on the team? It’s crazy! It’s a very disappointing start to the series.

I knew as soon as I saw Hernandez any chance we had was gone ! Why Bell ? Why ?

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Circleville Guy - 08-08-2019

(08-08-2019, 11:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I knew as soon as I saw Hernandez any chance we had was gone ! Why Bell ? Why ?

Me too! He’s either hurt or he totally sucks now. Either way, he shouldn’t be on the team right now. The Wood start was very disappointing and I wish Bell had been suspended for the rest of the year. He’s a terrible manager.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - psychdoctor - 08-09-2019

(08-08-2019, 11:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I knew as soon as I saw Hernandez any chance we had was gone ! Why Bell ? Why ?

Something is wrong with Hernandez.  Period.  But why was Wood taken out?
If not for Peraza's error he gave up two earned runs.  
Reds have to bounce back tomorrow and win.  Win the next 3 to be relevant.  

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - fredtoast - 08-09-2019

(08-08-2019, 09:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Votto strikes out looking... Smack

Over his last 8 games he has twice as many strikeouts (8) as hits (4).  No RBI in 7 of those games.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-09-2019

Forget last night. Bauer on the mound tonight. Do we still have Garrett or is he suspended ? Garrett, Lornenzen and Iglesias were not used last night and had day off Wednesday. Bounce back and WIN GAME 2 vs the Cubs of this series.

I turned game on in 5th inning, Reds at bat, no outs, runners on base trying to tie the game up. Rain started to pour down. Reds hitters didn't get the runs in. I switched channels and never got back to it. Looks like I didn't miss much.

GO REDS TONIGHT.

I'm looking ahead to Saturday and Reds & Bengals on TV same time. I can get the Bengals with rabbit ear antenna since local station has it. I can have 2 TV's going. OR Reds replay is at midnight and Bengals replay on NFL Network is at 3 in morning. I'll end up seeing both. In my old age I often fall asleep after dinner just like Thanksgiving, and I'm wide awake when these replays will be on. I'll watch both Reds and Bengals at some point Saturday Night or after midnight.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-09-2019

(08-08-2019, 11:58 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Me too! He’s either hurt or he totally sucks now. Either way, he shouldn’t be on the team right now. The Wood start was very disappointing and I wish Bell had been suspended for the rest of the year. He’s a terrible manager.

Yes it was.

Let's hope Bauer can right the ship.

One positive from last night was Aquino, wow that HR was awesome ! Just hoping they can keep him settled down he seemed to be free swinging a bit after that.

(08-09-2019, 09:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Over his last 8 games he has twice as many strikeouts (8) as hits (4).  No RBI in 7 of those games.

I'd say this stat is out there somewhere ? I'd love to know how many strikeouts Votto has looking this season vs. seasons past ?

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - grampahol - 08-09-2019

I'm not worried about Votto. I really hope he retires a Red instead of some trade they may or may not yield anything.
Granted that his upside isn't the same as it was in 2008, but I still like the idea of players playing their entire careers with the team when they've earned it over the years. 
I would think though at some point he'll hit lower in the batting order instead of 2nd forever.. 
I could see him hitting .320 for another team, but really, who wants to see that happen? I certainly don't.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Circleville Guy - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 01:44 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Something is wrong with Hernandez.  Period.  But why was Wood taken out?
If not for Peraza's error he gave up two earned runs.  
Reds have to bounce back tomorrow and win.  Win the next 3 to be relevant.  

Wood wasn’t looking good but the game was really early and Bell would have to turn to a struggling pen very early. It smells like a panic move to me. I wasn’t totally mad because Wood didn’t look great but I personally would have left him in. There’s a case for both ways, this bullpen is just really bad right now.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Circleville Guy - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 10:55 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes it was.

Let's hope Bauer can right the ship.

Yes, let’s hope this starting rotation is as good as we think it is.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - fredtoast - 08-09-2019

(08-09-2019, 11:59 AM)grampahol Wrote:  I really hope he retires a Red instead of some trade they may or may not yield anything.

I could see him hitting .320 for another team, but really, who wants to see that happen? I certainly don't.

I agree.  I have been one of his biggest defenders.

I think Joey's problems are more psychological than physical, but I don't see him getting them straightened out this late in the year.

(08-09-2019, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.  I have been one of his biggest defenders.

I think Joey's problems are more psychological than physical, but I don't see him getting them straightened out this late in the year.

I don't hate Votto and yes there's a part of me, large part, that would like to see him retire a Red a World Series winning Red !

But I also know we can't afford to have an everyday 1Bman hitting .250 with 45 RBI's a season ! He's striking out at nearly a rate of a power hitter... but he's not hitting like a power hitter. His slugging % is now below 400

And in the end I want to see the Reds win more than I want to see Votto finish out his career here.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - cinci4life - 08-09-2019

Really starting to like Aquino.

(08-09-2019, 08:42 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Really starting to like Aquino.

Me 2

Bauer having good game and we needed it.

Lets hope that HR brings Votto out of the funk he's been in over the last several games.