Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds Month of August Games Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds Month of August Games Thread (/Thread-Reds-Month-of-August-Games-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - Goalpost - 08-10-2019

Punisher reminds me of George Foster

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - psychdoctor - 08-10-2019

It seems like the red smell blood and can feel the playoffs are within reach

I think that Trevor Bauer brings presence and respectability in the other teammates are feeling it

By the way Gray has a no-hitter going

(08-10-2019, 09:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Punisher reminds me of George Foster

He does sort of remind me of Foster

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - cinci4life - 08-10-2019

Mills is a whimp. 4 straight breaking balls to Aquino and none anywhere close to the plate.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-10-2019

Romano has done a nice job in relief

Can we just sign the punisher to a 10-year extension? What a beast!

Gray had a nice game. Red's have a good chance of taking a series tomorrow.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-10-2019

How about Sonny Gray ? 6 inning two hit shutout ! The Punisher with 3 HR's ! Reds with 18 hits

They just might make this thing interesting getting hot at the right time.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - cinci4life - 08-11-2019

Gotta like the chances of taking this series with Castillo pitching tomorrow.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-11-2019

A WIN SUNDAY would put Reds 2 games under .500 and 5 games out of First Place on August 11th, with the over a month and a half and 7 weeks of baseball left to play. Reds however are running out of games with 1st place Cubs. That makes Sunday a crucial.

Lester on mound for Cubs. He is not having a great season, but he has his moments. If he is on, he is still tough.

Castillo on the mound for Reds. I always remember the greats like Bob Gibson, Ferguson Jenkins. If you didn't score in the first inning or two, they just settled in and got tougher as game went on. The key is Castillo doing the same, settling in and looking like the top All-Star Game pitcher he is.

The Reds Garrett, Lorenzen and Iglesias are well rested for this crucial game.

As they said in a John Wayne sports movie several time, with a chance to get back in run for first place, SUNDAYS GAME IS A CRUCIAL.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - grampahol - 08-11-2019

I LOVE how Aquino has come out of the gate hitting like a man possessed, but I doubt it's sustainable over a full season much less the rest of the season. However, I have been known to be wrong once or two in my lifetime. 
It was kind of nice to see a Reds rookie being highlighted on the front page of MLB.com.. And we all thought Senzel was going to be THE highlight reel for the team all season..  I kind of like the prospect of the Reds outfield being able to beat other teams into submission even if I think the idea is preposterous. Great pitching with great hitting? It seems that has been a recipe for success a few times in baseball lore. Now who was that guy Aquino replaced? I forget..Yasiel someone.. 

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 08-11-2019

I agree Kevin a win is crucial today !

It would put them in a good position to make a run, only 4 games down in the loss column. Lose and they go back to 6 and it's just more ho hum.

They need to get the confidence built up that they can beat the best and get over the hump for the first time all season.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - grampahol - 08-11-2019

Stranger things have happened than a 4th place team still in contention making a last minute run. Somewhere in the back of my fantasy brain I have the Reds overtaking the rest of the division then utterly upsetting the Dodgers in the post season then trouncing whoever wins the American League race in the World Series..
What's that 'other Cincinnati team' people seem to think is going to make any sort of noise other than the sound of a vacuum sucking all the wind out?  Nervous

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - kevin - 08-11-2019

I hope Reds 1969 uniforms heading into Big Red Machine era bring Reds extra luck today. GO REDS. I'm not even thinking of threads on here about next year and next years team. GO REDS and WIN TODAY. Beat the Cubs and get just 5 games out of 1st with 7 weeks left to play. Reds have enough ball games left to catch up. A WIN today makes Reds 5 Wins, 1 tie and no losses in last 6 series play. GO REDS. WIN TODAY.

Don't forget about the wild card race. Reds are only 4.5 out of the second spot.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - fredtoast - 08-11-2019

Today's game is HUGE even with 7 weeks left in the season.

46 games sounds like a lot, but if the Cubs win today and then continue to win at their current pace they finish with 89 wins. We would then have to go 34-12 to catch them. That's not going to happen. We need to win almost every head-to-head game against the teams in front of us from here on in.

After this series we will just have 3 more games against the Cubs at Wrigley. We also only have 3 games against the Brewers (home), and it just so happens that we are 3 games behind them in the loss column. But we have 8 left with the Cards (4 home).

We have messed around too long to make a serious move. We pretty much have to sweep a lot of these series to have a chance.

RE: Reds Month of August Games Thread - fredtoast - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 01:28 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Don't forget about the wild card race. Reds are only 4.5 out of the second spot.

Too many teams to pass.

It is much more likely for 3 teams (Chi, Mil, StL) to slump than 6 teams.

(08-11-2019, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too many teams to pass.

It is much more likely for 3 teams (Chi, Mil, StL) to slump than 6 teams.

Except Mets and Nats already proved this year it's possible. They were both at the bottom and went on big win streaks and look where they are now. 

Angel Hernandez is already showing signs of a bad strike zone for both teams. Someone might be getting tossed before this game is over.