Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chargers Game Ball - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Chargers Game Ball (/Thread-Chargers-Game-Ball)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Chargers Game Ball - bfine32 - 09-20-2015

Eifert earned the Raider's game ball last week. Time to give out the Charger’s game Game Ball:

Andy Dalton: 214 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 126.1 passer rating

Gio Bernard: 126 rushing yards at 6.2 YPC

Geno Atkins: Pressure all day 1 sack

Carlos Dunlap: 3 tackles, 1.5 sacks

Vinny Rey: 4 tackles, game clinching INT

Adam Jones: shutdown D, 8 tackles

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Synric - 09-20-2015

Gio.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - BigPapaKain - 09-20-2015

Gio then Dalton.

Gio killed it.

Dalton made some great decisions - it was nice to see him throw it away instead of taking the sack or forcing it. Those little things are insanely important and it's good that he realized that again.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - BengalChris - 09-20-2015

I'm going against the grain once again and vote for Atkins. Helped keep SD from ever establishing itself on offense.

Could have easily have gone Dalton or Gio though.

Probably one of Dalton's best performances of his career. Gio, of course, stepped in and played great after Hill just didn't have his head in the game at all.

Hill's ball security issue are starting to concern me. We need him playing well.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - The Caped Crusader - 09-20-2015

Dalton, then Gio, for me.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Ravage - 09-20-2015

Dalton played a great game, clean no sacks, no INT's.
Gio played a great game as well.

Neither converted to close out the game when it mattered. Vinnie Rey did. Vinnie gets it from me. Not taking anything from Dalton or Bernard, but Rey made a clutch play to seal it.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - The Caped Crusader - 09-20-2015

I also thought Vinny Rey, for the most part, despite the interception, and a solid tackle, played pretty bad in coverage. To each their own! Glad he got the pick and sealed it!

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Bengalzona - 09-20-2015

I would give one to Andy and Gio. They carried the offensive load. They both had a superb day. But one of the reasons they both played well is because their successes played off of each other. A nice synergy. Hope we can keep that up all year and beyond!

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Atomic Orange - 09-20-2015

Dalton could have both game balls he is playing great but, i'm going with Gio because I was concerned with his body language in the preseason. He lacked the spark he displayed in '13 and today.

Welcome back lightning.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - StLucieBengal - 09-20-2015

Gio and Andy.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-20-2015

Bernard played a great game today and showed the value that he has to this team. Too many have written him off as a real threat at RB, but he had a wonderful game.

Dalton would be 2nd for me.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Utts - 09-20-2015

Gio did what superstars do, he took over the game for a couple stretches there. He looked like rookie Gio to me. It will be interesting to see how today's events impact the balance of Hill/Gio.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Big Boss - 09-20-2015

Gio and Andy.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Beaker - 09-20-2015

Atkins.

He was collapsing the pocket all day. He got credit for one sack, but should have had at least 2 more half sacks. Plus his pressure resulted in both Gilberry's sack and Dunlap's sack. And, he really got pressure when it counted. I was terrified when I saw him on the ground.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - McC - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 05:45 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Bernard played a great game today and showed the value that he has to this team.  Too many have written him off as a real threat at RB, but he had a wonderful game.

Dalton would be 2nd for me.

Same here.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Ravage - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 05:37 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I also thought Vinny Rey, for the most part, despite the interception, and a solid tackle, played pretty bad in coverage. To each their own! Glad he got the pick and sealed it!

I don't disagree with you on that. But I voted in a knee-jerk gut reaction, and am listing my rationale. 

I look at it like this, if a HB goes out and has 15 carries for say 45 yards, you'd say he's had a lousy game. But if on that 16th carry he breaks a 65 yd TD run, suddenly 16 for 110 and a TD looks good. Same applies to D, if you have a crappy game, but step up in the clutch and seal a win...it makes the overall effort look better. 

SD had enough time with their weapons to make that last minute terribly interesting. Rey made a hell of a catch and put an end to it, crappy previous coverage notwithstanding, the coverage on the last snap was certainly an acceptable effort. 

RE: Chargers Game Ball - Synric - 09-20-2015

It's great to see not just one player competing for the game ball. A lot of guys had an awesome game the last two weeks.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - McC - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 05:49 PM)Synric Wrote: It's great to see not just one player competing for the game ball. A lot of guys had an awesome game the last two weeks.
We might be pretty good.  Sssh.   Don't say it out loud.  Not yet anyway.

RE: Chargers Game Ball - J24 - 09-20-2015

Geno Sackins!

RE: Chargers Game Ball - BonnieBengal - 09-20-2015

Bernard had a great game, but Atkins absolutely wreaked havoc on the Chargers O Line, keeping Rivers in check. Have to give it to Atkins.