Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Which prophet was correct? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Which prophet was correct? (/Thread-Which-prophet-was-correct)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Which prophet was correct? - Beaker - 09-20-2015

Jesus?

Muhammed?

Buddha?

any of the others?

All religions insist their prophet was correct, and that you must follow their teachings or risk eternal damnation. What makes one right and the other wrong? Who shuld someone looking for eternal salvation believe? If you make the wrong choice....

How do you know?

RE: Which prophet was correct? - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-20-2015

Did any of them really even exist?

RE: Which prophet was correct? - Belsnickel - 09-20-2015

I think they all had a good idea. Their follow through, an/or the follow through of their followers, was lacking, though. I know both the Buddha and Jesus had a good message. Even Mo had some good things to say (I want to learn more about him, but objective history on him is difficult to find). After they passe in, though, their message was distorted.

RE: Which prophet was correct? - GMDino - 09-20-2015

Brian

RE: Which prophet was correct? - Arturo Bandini - 09-20-2015

I am not a religious person and I had a mystic experience on 2nd may 2013, that was incredible.

I asked that question and I had that answer.

If God would have come to Earth it would have been Jesus Christ ( they don't call him Jesus they call him Christ ) and there is no prophet called Mohamed.

I tell you as it came.

BTW, I also saw the goal of the Universe, why we were here, etc ...

But churches didn't really well understood what Christ told. They got it wrong in many manners.

The experience lasted about one hour and the specific question took 10 seconds.

That was incredible, we are actually in Prehistory.

(09-20-2015, 06:58 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I am not a religious person and I had a mystic experience on 2nd may 2013, that was incredible.

If God would have come to Earth it would have been Jesus Christ ( they don't call him Jesus they call him Christ ) and there is no prophet called Mohamed.

I tell you as it came.

But churches didn't really well understood what Christ told. They got it wrong in many manners.

Replace all the religious talk here with talk about aliens, and people would want your mental health evaluated.  I don't know why it is not the same with religion.  Why is it taboo to suggest that this could have been a serious episode?

(09-20-2015, 07:29 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Replace all the religious talk here with talk about aliens, and people would want your mental health evaluated.  I don't know why it is not the same with religion.  Why is it taboo to suggest that this could have been a serious episode?

Of course, I thought about that.

But there are things I was just unable to know.

By the way, I never asked anyone to believe me and it didn't appear to be a important subject.

RE: Which prophet was correct? - Rotobeast - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 06:58 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I am not a religious person and I had a mystic experience on 2nd may 2013, that was incredible.

I tell you as it came.

Should you ever decide to share more of this experience, I would be interested in hearing about it.

(09-20-2015, 07:29 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Replace all the religious talk here with talk about aliens, and people would want your mental health evaluated.  I don't know why it is not the same with religion.  Why is it taboo to suggest that this could have been a serious episode?

I have no problem with listening to people talk about aliens, either.
Unless I can tell they are completely full of BS, and I cannot goad them into even more far-fetched tales.

I already did It was on the other forum.

The difficult thing is that there is a moment where words are not sufficient, you have a kind of feed with images, feelings, things beyond everything we can know or just imagine.

The main thing to know is that we are parts of a gigantic being like cells for us.

And that being is like the queen of the bees and we are the bees. It's like the Force is talking to you and it's totally mind blowing. You just can't imagine what we are a part of.

There is no judgment just love. It's increbible.

And it was funny, really funny.

And if you ask me that Force could create Universe, I say yes without any problem. It knows me like I don't even know myself.

The other funny thing is that I received informations I have understood 2 years later ( the real meaning ) so If I'm mad, I am a freaking genius and the most schyzophrenic person on Earth but it is possible.

RE: Which prophet was correct? - Rotobeast - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 08:33 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I already did It was on the other forum.

The difficult thing is that there is a moment where words are not sufficient, you have a kind of feed with images, feelings, things beyond everything we can know or just imagine.

The main thing to know is that we are parts of a gigantic being like cells for us.

And that being is like the queen of the bees and we are the bees. It's like the Force is talking to you and it's totally mind blowing. You just can't imagine what we are a part of.

And if you ask me that Force could create Universe, I say yes without any problem. It knows me like I don't even know myself.

(09-20-2015, 08:43 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: The other funny thing is that I received informations I have understood 2 years later ( the real meaning ) so If I'm mad, I am a freaking genius and the most schyzophrenic person on Earth but it is possible.

I'm sorry I missed it, on the other forum.
I understand a small part of what you are talking about.
I have a few friends that are psychics and they've explained things similar to what you are describing.
Heck, I've even set in on sessions with Max The Crystal Skull .

Now, before I get jumped on.... some of these psychics are known on a national level....so...don't think I'm putting stock in the homeless prophet huffing ether on the street corner...lol

Back on topic..... I don't truly know enough about all of the Prophets to pass any kind of "judgment", not that I really would.
From what little I know, all of them are worthy of some merit.
I only have a relationship with one of them, but it would never stop me from learning about the others.
Of course, it is always possible that God acted through each of these to reach different cultures.

RE: Which prophet was correct? - Beaker - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 08:33 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I already did It was on the other forum.

Very much like I believe. I would love it if you would re-relate that details of that experience.

RE: Which prophet was correct? - GodHatesBengals - 09-20-2015

I think a mod should force Arturo to give me his dealer's phone number.

RE: Which prophet was correct? - BmorePat87 - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 05:42 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Did any of them really even exist?

Mohammed definitely. Jesus 99% given his following and historical records decades after his death. The historical Buddha I'm not too familiar with, but the consensus seems to be that Siddhartha Gautama was a real person. 

(09-20-2015, 09:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Mohammed definitely. Jesus 99% given his following and historical records decades after his death. The historical Buddha I'm not too familiar with, but the consensus seems to be that Siddhartha Gautama was a real person. 

I've read about the historical evidence regarding Jesus Christ.  From what I understand, the most credible evidence is from Flavius Josephus, and there are even questions regarding his accounts.  Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't any first hand accounts from known historical figures regarding him. Everything was written centuries later.  I'm not saying he definitely didn't exist, I just question it from what I've read.  

Regarding Muhammad, I've read that even a lot of Islam questions his existence, and historians think that he may be more of a mashup of earlier characters than a legitimate guy.

With either, I'm cool with reading things from better sources if anyone wants to show their evidence.

(09-20-2015, 08:14 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Of course, I thought about that.

But there are things I was just unable to know.

By the way, I never asked anyone to believe me and it didn't appear to be a important subject.

I'm not trying to insult you, by the way, but it's hard to suggest that someone may have had a psychotic episode without sounding insulting.  I don't think that you're lying about it, but your story just seems so fantastic that it must be looked at with a sceptical mind.

The only time that I've ever had "visions" were when I checked out random drugs.  I just don't see why people don't question stories such as yours when they're told. 

(09-20-2015, 09:45 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I've read about the historical evidence regarding Jesus Christ.  From what I understand, the most credible evidence is from Flavius Josephus, and there are even questions regarding his accounts.  Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't any first hand accounts from known historical figures regarding him. Everything was written centuries later.  I'm not saying he definitely didn't exist, I just question it from what I've read.  

Regarding Muhammad, I've read that even a lot of Islam questions his existence, and historians think that he may be more of a mashup of earlier characters than a legitimate guy.

With either, I'm cool with reading things from better sources if anyone wants to show their evidence.

I know there are more historical sources on Mohammed than Jesus, but that is pretty interesting that some historians question if he was one person or many. As far as Jesus, the first non Biblical source is Josephus, yes. When the gospels are scrutinized as historical sources, and when the picture of the early "Christians" (Jewish followers of Jesus) is painted, it becomes clear that a man they believed to be a great teacher did exist. 

Much like Mohammed, it becomes his exploits in life that are questioned. 

RE: Which prophet was correct? - Belsnickel - 09-20-2015

(09-20-2015, 09:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know there are more historical sources on Mohammed than Jesus, but that is pretty interesting that some historians question if he was one person or many. As far as Jesus, the first non Biblical source is Josephus, yes. When the gospels are scrutinized as historical sources, and when the picture of the early "Christians" (Jewish followers of Jesus) is painted, it becomes clear that a man they believed to be a great teacher did exist. 

Much like Mohammed, it becomes his exploits in life that are questioned. 

I think it is a completely plausible viewpoint that all three existed, but their lives as described by their religious followers are filled with the exploits of multiple people.

(09-20-2015, 10:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it is a completely plausible viewpoint that all three existed, but their lives as described by their religious followers are filled with the exploits of multiple people.

In cases like this where they're suppose to be actual men that walked the Earth, not deities that came from the aether or have always existed, I think it's safe to say some actual man inspired the story. Joseph Smith is a more modern example. 

(09-20-2015, 10:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it is a completely plausible viewpoint that all three existed, but their lives as described by their religious followers are filled with the exploits of multiple people.

Most definitely.  Details of the life of Christ were sampled from numerous cultures that came before him.  I don't know much of Muhammad, but I'm sure that similar things happened in his story.