Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
(Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2019 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2019-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** (/Thread-Preseason-Week-1-Bengals-Chiefs-GameDay-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - Bengalitis - 08-10-2019

Ericksson wide open. I liked that.

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - Joelist - 08-10-2019

Really? If that was a pick play we should get the loss in the first Stealers game last year reversed.

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - BoomerFan - 08-10-2019

Yeah it was 3 and out but the protection on most of those plays was great (other than the scramble).

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - Nately120 - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 09:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: Driskell in.

Driskel wasn't awful in what was a bit of a hopeless situation last year, so I wouldn't be too floored if he's our backup and Finley goes PS or elsewhere.  But we have to see if Finley can clean-house vs the 3rd string, too.

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - psychdoctor - 08-10-2019

Lot of rookies are playing right now I wouldn't read too much into the rest of the game

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - The Caped Crusader - 08-10-2019

Oh...they call that pass interference now...

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - Joelist - 08-10-2019

We got jobbed there by the zebras and also the offense did not try to let Driskell go deep on the Chiefs.

Let's see if the defense can make up for that abomination of an opening series.

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - Bengalitis - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 09:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lot of rookies are playing right now I wouldn't read too much into the rest of the game

very few penalties, no fumbles,  no sacks and moving the chains is what they have to achieve today.

And the "defense" lets father time Chad Henne blow containment...

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - The Caped Crusader - 08-10-2019

A lot of holding not being called on KC right now.

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - BoomerFan - 08-10-2019

Nice speed getting to the sideline by LB Evans.

And as usual third down is death to our "defense".

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - psychdoctor - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 09:39 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: very few penalties, no fumbles,  no sacks and moving the chains is what they have to achieve today.

To be honest I was expecting the offense to look a lot worse.  

Hope that is just a cramp or very mild sprain for Clatyon Fedj. We have depth at Safety and all but I still love what he contributes.

So far if I were ZT I'd be letting Lou know that preseason or not I am NOT happy with the defense.

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - bengals73 - 08-10-2019

I'm watching a stream that likes to freeze every time a play is going on

Fej not lookin' good.

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 09:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not worried.

Dline was getting penetration on almost every play; Billings AND Glasgow swimming through the line to cause Mahomes to run?

If that was Brady on either of those 3 plays, he's sacked.

Not worried.

Yup. No reason to get worked up on the first drive of the year. 

I was just glad to see organization on offense. Pre-snap penalties and 1st qtr confusion timeouts were the norm with Marv. 

HOLEY CRAP! I had to rewind the game because someone came over to pick up a dresser and i just saw someone FLYING across the field to make a tackle and it was...the guy i've been bashing...Malik Jefferson.  Shocked

HORRENDOUS defensive play so far and overall good offensive play.

RE: (Preseason Week 1) ***Bengals @ Chiefs - GameDay Thread*** - Awful Llama - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 09:44 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I'm watching a stream that likes to freeze every time a play is going on

No, that's just how our defense plays.