Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
(Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2019 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2019-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** (/Thread-Preseason-Week-2-Bengals-Redskins-GameDay-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 10:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: 100% being serious, I've seen what Dalton is. At this point, I would rather see Finley develop by playing and have the Bengals trade or cut Dalton after this season and take the money saved and buy some linemen. Get another high draft pick and move into the future. Dalton's NOT the future at this stage.

Drew Bledsoe was in front of Brady and they let him go to move forward.... and Dalton's no Bledsoe, TBH. The Bengals aren't going to beat the world down this season, so why stunt the growth? Finley is showing MAJOR promise and to stifle that would be a mistake. These are the loyal (to their players/not their fan base) Bengals, though, so that isn't about to happen.

If this is ground floor Finley, I am all about it.

Let’s see what Ryan Finley can do with the first team offense against an opposing first team defense in at least two preseason games before making this move — not that I’m against it on principle!

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-15-2019

Wren looks BIG.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - bengalfan74 - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 10:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Finley looked so composed like he's been there before.. LOVE IT!!!!

He is showing a lot of pocket presence and manipulation side stepping, keeping eyes downfield etc. And that matters little about what team D he's facing.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 10:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He is showing a lot of pocket presence and manipulation side stepping, keeping eyes downfield etc. And that matters little about what team D he's facing.

The sports media will create a quarterback controversy in Cincinnati after this game.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - bengalfan74 - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 10:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The sports media will create a quarterback controversy in Cincinnati after this game.

I'm not trying to say he should be our starter, yet. 

I'm just saying I like a lot of what I've seen thus far. Not really sure why all the talk about how bad he was couple weeks ago in camp ?

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Joelist - 08-15-2019

I could care less about the "sports media". Yes Finley has looked okay - he has also gotten much better blocking. Hopkins looked like a scrub and Miller had problems and to be honest Uzomah better be demoted after that performance tonight.

On the good side the D has looked somewhat better - the biggest problem was the blown coverage on the TD.

Ellis having a decent game

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Bengalitis - 08-15-2019

Let's just hope Finley has the stamina to play 4 qtrs when his time arrives.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - WhodeyRay - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 10:03 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don’t know about you but this team has the look and feel of your typical Marvin Lewis underachieving Bengals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it should. The did nothing other than the mandatory team draft picks to improve it from last year. Miller and Jerry are the least amount of effort a team could put into free agency and improving. Just sucks for us loyal fans. 

I’m getting flashbacks to 2004 when Carson Palmer took over from Jon Kitna.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Yojimbo - 08-15-2019

I hope Dugas makes the 53. He’s been pretty impressive both games for an UDFA OG playing LT.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Joelist - 08-15-2019

Notice how none of our receivers get separation except rarely? Meanwhile the opposing team seems to always have wide open receivers.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - XsandOs - 08-15-2019

He is running a vanilla offense and keeps grinding.

This game is about patience.

He will develop it over time.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-15-2019

That drive by Finley was not like the last few... We can see he still doesn't have the best touch on his passes.

Blocking has been decent, but that drive, there was a bit of pressure coming from the outside.

(Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Bronxbengal - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 10:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m getting flashbacks to 2004 when Carson Palmer took over from Jon Kitna.

No getting flashbacks of the Dave Shula period and the beginning of another lost decade. The Brown family is totally clueless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - HarleyDog - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 10:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The sports media will create a quarterback controversy in Cincinnati after this game.

So will our fans. It's what makes these discussions great. But in the end, AD will start regardless. God forbid we hit that period of constant discussion like we did with McCarron. We all know the outcome of that one.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 08-15-2019

I guarantee you they won't. Some silly fans might try but it would be the dumbest move the Bengals could make to start Finley over Dalton. 

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Bengalitis - 08-15-2019

Jay Gruden still has some Bengal in him. hehe..

(08-15-2019, 10:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So will our fans. It's what makes these discussions great. But in the end, AD will start regardless. God forbid we hit that period of constant discussion like we did with McCarron. We all know the outcome of that one.

I’ll reserve judgment until I see Ryan Finley play with the first team offense.

RE: (Preseason Week 2) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - HarleyDog - 08-15-2019

Foot went out of bounds before recovering.