Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Westerman is considering retirement - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Westerman is considering retirement (/Thread-Westerman-is-considering-retirement)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - Whatever - 08-20-2019

(08-20-2019, 10:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just can't see giving up a job that pays $700k with health insurance no matter what. Especially if someone in the family is sick or something like that. That's when you need money and insurance.

People are weird.  I mean Quinn Pitcock retired after only year in the league because playing football interfered too much with his video games.  

It could be personal issues.  It could be health concerns.  It could be the realisation that he's destined to be nothing more than a career backup or that he has to work harder and sacrifice more than he's willing to to be at that level.  A lot of guys coast on raw talent and physical gifts in college in a structure where there's a definite pecking order and never really had to compete for a spot.  When you think it's your time and you're getting beat out by a rookie and a guy who was out of the league last year, it's a blow to the ego.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - THE PISTONS - 08-20-2019

(08-20-2019, 11:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: People are weird.  I mean Quinn Pitcock retired after only year in the league because playing football interfered too much with his video games.  

It could be personal issues.  It could be health concerns.  It could be the realisation that he's destined to be nothing more than a career backup or that he has to work harder and sacrifice more than he's willing to to be at that level.  A lot of guys coast on raw talent and physical gifts in college in a structure where there's a definite pecking order and never really had to compete for a spot.  When you think it's your time and you're getting beat out by a rookie and a guy who was out of the league last year, it's a blow to the ego.

Yeah I agree with what you said...but man I think sticking it out in that scenario even as a backup helps.

It is a new generation of guys in the NFL though.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - XenoMorph - 08-21-2019

(08-20-2019, 11:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...how dare people criticize Ced here! He was so awesome!!!

Too bad the Bengals didn't extend him. Atleast they didn't let Hart get away!

Sarcasm

hey that's our Team captain!

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - ochocincos - 08-21-2019

Westerman has until 4 PM EDT today to report back to Bengals if he doesn't want to retire.
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/17/christian-westerman-exempt-list-sets-deadline-retirement-decision/

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - pally - 08-21-2019

Westerman has returned to the team and is off the exempt list

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - Destro - 08-21-2019

And our national nightmare ends.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - Yojimbo - 08-21-2019

Has this entered “saga” territory yet? What is going on?

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - Joelist - 08-21-2019

There was no “national nightmare”. Bowling retired for physical reasons and the others to be honest likely were not making the roster anyway. I’m happy Westerman returned and hope he is all ready to go now.

(08-21-2019, 12:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: There was no “national nightmare”. Bowling retired for physical reasons and the others to be honest likely were not making the roster anyway. I’m happy Westerman returned and hope he is all ready to go now.

Was a joke Hammer

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - XenoMorph - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 12:48 PM)Destro Wrote: Was a joke Hammer

jokes are funny...

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - fredtoast - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 01:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: jokes are funny...

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - jj22 - 08-21-2019

Westerman threw a little fit but Turner wasn't having it and quickly moved on. Now he's back but too little too late. I expect him to be cut as he should be. When you are fighting for a starting spot, quitting on the team isn't the answer, and that attitude is probably what both coaching staffs picked up on that us fans just didn't see.

(08-21-2019, 02:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Westerman threw a little fit but Turner wasn't having it and quickly moved on. Now he's back but too little too late. I expect him to be cut as he should be. When you are fighting for a starting spot, quitting on the team isn't the answer, and that attitude is probably what both coaching staffs picked up on that us fans just didn't see.

What evidence do you have that says Westerman "threw a little fit"?
Sounds like a baseless assumption to me.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - sandwedge - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 02:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Westerman threw a little fit but Turner wasn't having it and quickly moved on. Now he's back but too little too late. I expect him to be cut as he should be. When you are fighting for a starting spot, quitting on the team isn't the answer, and that attitude is probably what both coaching staffs picked up on that us fans just didn't see.

???

(08-21-2019, 01:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: jokes are funny...

Cry

Yeah, right, the coaches don't want him but just did not realize they could release him at any time.

Makes perfect sense.

Rolleyes

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - jj22 - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right, the coaches don't want him but just did not realize they could release him at any time.

Makes perfect sense.

Rolleyes

Where did I say coaches didn't want him? Turner quickly moved on and worked with MJ and Jerry. Westerman's little retirement stunt should be taken for what it was. A stunt to get attention, likely because he was mad he wasn't handed a starting job. And now we know his "character" and why he struggles to get a chance from now two coaching staffs.

A fit thrown and nothing more. Why else is he back now? If it was serious, health, family related, he'd stay "retired".

(08-21-2019, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote:  Westerman's little retirement stunt should be taken for what it was. A stunt to get attention, likely because he was mad he wasn't handed a starting job. And now we know his "character" and why he struggles to get a chance from now two coaching staffs.

A fit thrown and nothing more. Why else is he back now? If it was serious, health, family related, he'd stay "retired".

You can't just make stuff up out of thin air and claim it is true.

You sound ridiculous.

(08-21-2019, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Where did I say coaches didn't want him? 

Here

(08-21-2019, 02:04 PM)jj22 Wrote:  I expect him to be cut as he should be. 

(08-21-2019, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Where did I say coaches didn't want him? Turner quickly moved on and worked with MJ and Jerry. Westerman's little retirement stunt should be taken for what it was. A stunt to get attention, likely because he was mad he wasn't handed a starting job. And now we know his "character" and why he struggles to get a chance from now two coaching staffs.

How do you know his "character"? How do you know he "threw a fit"? 
You fabricated a reason for why he potentially retired and now believe it to be true.